I need a club name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knighthawke

Reaction score
Hello,

I just went into the extension office today and I am starting a new 4H club. I am looking for suggestion for the club name.

It is for a horse club. It will not be strictly miniatures so needs to be univeral.

I would love to here suggestions.

It is in:

Hampshire County, WV

based in the little town of Levels!

Barbara

Our local horse 4-H club is named "Silver Spurs Riding Club". I don't have any new name ideas, but thought this might help.

Our local horse 4-H club is named "Silver Spurs Riding Club". I don't have any new name ideas, but thought this might help.

are there any other horse clubs in your area? I remember 4-H as a kid, it was a lot of fun.

Karen

My club is called Minis Too! but we are just a miniature 4-H club. You should have the kids each come up with a name and then have them vote on it. Good luck

I thought of letting the kids to it to but they said that you can just pick one so that you can have it for the paperwork or just wait on the kids.

On of the parents came up with WV Ponies and Pals

which I thought was somewhat cute.

A friend and I just started a 4-H club. We took a list of 10-12 names and let the kids vote on thier favorite. The majority vote was Freedom Wranglers.

We have several mini's but also have dogs, chickens, Turkey's, we're open for anything the kids want to take. A few good ones are Trailblazers (that was already taken) "Whatever" County Wranglers, barnbusters, country kids, country Critters, I have a bunch, since we just went through this. Email me [email protected] and I'll send you the list, since we're in OH & your WV, lol.

Good luck its not easy to pick names, thats way I liked the idea of letting the kids submit names and vote.

edited to add: we had an early start up meeting, mainly just to vote on the name and get ideas for the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bits and Pieces

Bits and spurs

Dirty Jeans

Trails and Tails

Manes and Tails

Boots and Spurs

Hands and Hooves

Boots and Saddles

Stars and stripes

Our club name is Sunny Rocks Mini Whinnies, personally, i hate it.

We voted and also had: (Sunny Rock 4H is the 4h club name, we have different clubs w/ in it)

Sunny Rocks Mini Hooves

Sunny Rock Horse club (very original)

Sunny Rocks Rough Riders

Galloping Minis

Galloping hooves

Good luck!

Congratulations on your new club. In 4H, its run by the kids and everything is voted on by them. They'll vote on the name. Lots of really good suggestions there for them!

Thank for all the suggestion. It at least gives me a start to show the kids.

Also anyone got any interesting fundraisers that does really well to make the club money?

I think I have a donation coming to be able to get stuff like the 4H and american flag, and the banners for motto and what 4H stands for.

Barb

Just a thought...I have retired my name you are welcome to use it..Diminutive Minis?

Our 4-H club did car washes, sold candy bars, subs, & pizzas but the one that we made most of our money from was a pie one. Off the top of my head I cannot remember the manufacturer who made the pies but if you are interested PM me and I'll get you the phone number. My son's bowling league uses this same pie fundraiser and people look forward to it every year. I think Martha Stewart must help make them or something.
default_wink.png

My club (Mini's Too!, I'm with Diana on the forum) helps run a kiddie tent during one of the baseball games during the summer. They give us a donation to the club for helping to man the different games that they run. We also have provided food to other events as their food booth.

club name...let the kids do it and just offer guidance. 4H is about them. I was a member of 4H from 3rd grade till 18 years and now a leader for more then 5 years!

Welcome to the World of 4-H. I started a Miniature Horse 4-H club here in Ontario,Canada three years ago and I am having the time of my life with these kids.

As for a name, definitely a discussion for a meeting. But in our area, most clubs go with their County Name especially at inter county club competitions, but sure the members could come up with a name, but suggest you keep it simple. Getting signs/banners made up with lots of words/spaces is expensive.

As for fund raisers, we found that getting a donation from a service club in our community was the easiest way. Vet Clinics and Feed Stores are usually willing to sponsor events etc too. But then again, let the kids think up ways to raise funds. Best wishes for a successful club.

Latest posts

Back