I miss him so much

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaykay

Reaction score
My son Kenny is at AIT training in Georgia. He has been there since June. I miss him so much my heart hurts. And I am so afraid for him. He is in the Army National Guard but they have already sent his troupe to Iraq while he was in boot camp last year. They are so needing soldiers that the National Guard is being sent to Iraq and Afghanistan. His buddies coming back over have told him over and over to pray he goes to Iraq and not Afghanistan. I keep praying for peace and all of our men and women to come home. The stories he and his Army friends tell me of the fighting in Afghanistan is just horrific. The Army is now encouraging him to go to Ranger training
default_sad.png
I read the death tolls and my heart aches for their families. For anyone else here who has family in the military, I thank them for their service. And to my Canadian brothers and sisters (and all the rest in the Coalition) I say thank you for fighting with us.

Coalition

Main article: Coalition casualties in Afghanistan

As of September 11, 2008, there have been 949 coalition deaths in Afghanistan as part of ongoing coalition operations (Operation Enduring Freedom and International Security Assistance Force (ISAF)): 581 American, 118 British, 97 Canadian, 26 German, 23 Spanish, 22 French, 17 Dutch, 16 Danish, 12 Italian, 8 Polish, 8 Romanian, 6 Australian, 3 Czech, 3 Estonian, 3 Norwegian, 2 Hungarian, 2 Portuguese, 2 Swedish, 1 Finnish, 1 Latvian, 1 Lithuanian, 1 South Korean.

We love you Kenny and cant wait for you to come home!

kennyarmy.jpg

Kenny, to you, your friends in your unit and all the others serving our great country Thank You, God Bless and Stay Safe!

You Are Our Heros!!

Kay,

My son served for 6 years and was in Afghanistan. He was a "spy" and I never knew what he was doing or where he was. Sometimes he could tell me when he got back, and it probably was a good thing I did not know before hand.

My neice was shipped to Iraq just over 2 weeks ago. She has a very dangerous job, is driving convoys, she is a Lt. in the Army.

What got me through it,,,,gets me through it,,,,,is knowing, they both LOVE what they do, are very good at what they do and are extremely proud to be serving our country. They both had/have said, they would not be any place else.

Them having that attitudes protects both them and me.

How do you do it Carolyn?? Im just beside myself half the time. Im so excited for him to come home but Im so afraid for his AIT training to be over. I dont know how I will ever sleep if he goes over there. He really does love what hes doing so I try so hard to be supportive. I should stop reading the news. It makes me worse.

Thanks to both of you for posting. I think Im rattled by the news this morning about the latest bombing. Im trying to take deep breaths

And thank you to your son and niece for their service! Your niece is my prayers

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, you should listen to and read the news. That is education, and education in ways you may not see now will help you.

I know exactly where Jess is right now. When I hear the news, bombings, etc. once I hear where it was, I know she is not there, it eases me some.

I grew up Military, well kind of.

Both of my grandfathers served,,,,,,,,My dad was in the navy during Korea War,,,,,,,,6 Uncles served, one was a POW for 3 years,,,,,my brother served,,,,,many of my cousins served and I lost one to Vietnam, another severely wounded.

It took many years and a lot of education to learn how to handle it all.

Listen to Kenny's words, and his heart,,,,,,,,,it will help to ease yours.

I think that is why its so hard for me. I have never had family in the military or even known anyone in the military. Its all so new to me. I dont even understand the military lingo and Kenny always laughs at me. Im trying!

Thanks for letting me share. I just miss him so much. He wont be home until Nov. And if he goes into Ranger training he wont be home very long
default_sad.png

Kay, lots of prayers of strength to you and Kenny!

Maybe writing a private journal would help?(a friend of mine had luck doing this) You can release your thoughts, worries, fears and also the good stuff, memories and joys. It's good to let the stress out any way you can or want to do......whatever it takes to make ya feel better. Take care and all the best to your family.

P.S. The best gift any parent can give their child is taking care of themself! If son/daughter know mom/dad are ok....it does mean alot.

Oh god Kay, I'm balling now. Kay, I understand that pain of emptyness. Everytime Dan walks out the door now, my heart is in my throat. When the phone rings, when I hear sirens..

Kay, Your son is a hero in every sense of the word. He's so brave, courageous, and such a beautiful young man. He wanted this Kay. He loves his country that much. Please do not linger reading those casualties and bad statistics. Instead, try to trust and focus that he knows his job and assignment and will execute it as perfectly as he has been taught. Kenny will be home in your arms again. That's your focus. You know you can call me 24-7 and let it out whenever you need to and I do mean that. We are going to think very possitive here on the lives he is about to save. GODSPEED KENNY! We are all with you.

Kay as a mother of a former Air Force man I know how you are feeling. When he was sent to Iraq the first time I was a basket case. Someone in my support group told all of us, that if our sons, brothers, husbands etc had to worry about those of us left behind. They wouldn't be able to keep their minds on the job that they were there for.

Kay, I'm hoping there are families around you with their loved ones with Kenny, that you can all draw strength from one another while their gone.

Start a support group to send them care boxes, check the weather where he goes and send some comfort clothes and food if they can get it. Keeping busy will not make you forget and you will worry. However, it will keep you busy and in touch with Kenny in a personal way.

One other thing. My son who was in Iraq his name is Kenny. He came back and is now a State Trooper in Alaska. Tell Kenny, "God speed" and we thank he and all the men and women fighting for world freedom

Having a spouse that served 21 years in the Air Force and was in the Vietnam War I understand your fears. Our son was 3 months old before Lee got to see him...... It is a long and a sad wait hoping & praying for a loved one to return safely... The suggestion of a support group sounds comforting......... I hope that he is kept safe........ God safely keep & bless all of our troops and the families who are so affected.

I am so sorry, Kay, and I hope the time goes quickly until he's home safely.

My thoughts are with you, and with all who are serving, the familes they've left behind, too.

Liz

Kay I'm sure you're worried but please try to concentrate more on how very proud of him you are. There are so many young people today who have no direction and no dedication to anything, much less being willing to to make the journey Kenny will make. After so many years in the National Guard I can't say enough for those dedicated men and women who hold the security of our nation so near their hearts. Be proud and please tell him that there are hundreds of people who don't know him personally who are also proud of him and his fellow service members. God Bless Them All!!!

Sending prayers for Kenny's safe return...and all of the troops and families!

Oh Kay, I can feel your pain by reading your post. I can't imagine what you are going through. Two years ago, my nephew an Army Ranger was shot two times. One shattered the shoulder and one took out his knee. We are so lucky to have him alive!! It's very scary and now another nephew has just finished basic training in Georgia and I'm sure he'll be going overseas too. I'm going to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. And when my 11 year old wants me to play a game with him, I'm going to remind myself about this post and count my blessings.

Thank you guys so much!! I think it hit me hard last night because I havent been able to get a hold of him and he usually calls me on Sunday.

Sample I cant even imagine. I think my heart stopped when he told me he was thinking of Ranger training. I wonder if your nephew is with Kenny at Fort Gordon?

Marty I love you and thank you for your words.

Cathy I had no idea Lee had served and especially that long. I cant even imagine what you went through

I will keep putting one foot in front of the other and count the days until he gets home Nov 1st. And I do think the journal idea is a good one thank you russ!

Prayers and hugs! I can't wait to see Kenny again also. He is a brave young man that is also intelligent. Trust in his instints mom. His family is even larger now with so many people looking out for him. He is doing what he felt was his calling. Think of him and smile because you know he has that cocky arse grin on his face.

Kay, you, Kenny and your whole family are in our thoughts and prayers. Not much else I can say, this is a very hard time in your life. We love you.

ginia i miss you so much! wish we could have coffee and talk like we used to.

marty you have me in tears. but good tears

Latest posts

Back