I may have found my new mini....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novachick

Reaction score
If so, plese send me a PM and I will send the link to the ad for him.

For a little background...we got our first mini back in November, she's a yearling and we always knew we'd probably get a friend for her. I've gone back and forth thinking about whether we should get an older one or another foal, a mare or gelding, registered or don't worry about it...etc etc etc. So I've been watching the sale sites and all the new foals and this one caught my eye.

He's a four year old gelding, silver dapple, unregistered, but with experience around kids which is really important for us. We are mainly looking for a pet, but wtill want him to have decent conformation, so I'd appreciate if someone could take a look at his picture and give me any opinions or things I should look for when we go see him on Sunday.

I really appreciate any help you can give!
default_biggrin.png

Thanks -Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Royal, if she doesn't own the mini she's not allowed to post a picture of it here for critique without the owner's express permission.
default_smile.png
Hopefully someone will be able to help you out privately Jan.

I do think it's a good idea to get your little mini a friend and the sooner the better! The baby/yearling years are when they most need someone to play with them and teach them manners. The most important thing if you're getting an older horse is to make sure they've got the right personality to be in with your baby and putting up with all her shenanigans. Some of them get sort of grumpy about it and aren't any fun at all for the youngster.

Leia

Sorry Royal, if she doesn't own the mini she's not allowed to post a picture of it here for critique without the owner's express permission.
default_smile.png
Hopefully someone will be able to help you out privately Jan.

I do think it's a good idea to get your little mini a friend and the sooner the better! The baby/yearling years are when they most need someone to play with them and teach them manners. The most important thing if you're getting an older horse is to make sure they've got the right personality to be in with your baby and putting up with all her shenanigans. Some of them get sort of grumpy about it and aren't any fun at all for the youngster.

Leia

Thanks Leia! The horse we are looking at has been a companion for a young colt for the last year, so I think he will be good with Goldi and also keep her in line a bit more. She has been with foals of her own age since weaning and then alone with us, so I agree, she needs someone to teach her some horsey manners. That's kind of why I thought a slightly older horse would be good, and at 4yr, I'm thinking he will still have a lot of play in him.

I'm not looking for a show horse critique (he's a pet only), so anyone who would be willing to take a look, please let me know. I'd also like some input on definite questions to ask the seller when we see him tomorrow.

Thanks- Jen

Latest posts

Back