I made a decision for ME!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa

Reaction score
As many of you know, I have been trying to find a way to go to school for at least the passed year or two. I was planning on going back, but me and Mike decided to wait, save up half the tuition and then I would go. Obviously, he now has no bearing on my life or decisions, so....

*drum roll*

I start the Administrative Assistant/Legal Administrative Assistant program at Sprott-Shaw College on January 9th, 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a 45 week program. At the end of it, I will have not one, but TWO diplomas, which results in being qualified to work at just about any office or business I could possibly want! Three areas I have always been interested in is a lawyers office, real estate office or my old high school! I can work in all three, plus countless other types of offices! I will be learning the type of stuff I love to learn about like family law, conveyancing, real estate, bookkeeping, etc.!!!!! Man am I excited! It is the first decision that I have made completely on my own, for me!

So, life is not particularily bad at the moment! I am FINALLY going back to school, my 21st birthday is in 2 days, I leave for the cruise a week tomorrow and am almost all packed (
wacko.gif
which is odd for me lol, I'm a last minute packer!) and me and Mike are still going good as friends...plus I'm talking to a few other interesting men, so who knows what will happen
wink.gif

You go girl!!!

That is awesome news!!! I think you will reap the rewards of this choice in many different ways!!!

wink.gif

aktion033.gif
Sounds like you have gotten a "focus".......congratulations and don't lose track of your goals. Those "interesting men"? Can be a nice thing so long as you don't let them interfere with your plans. There's more than enough time to deal with men later. Right now, keep yourself working toward that self-supporting goal. It will be one of the most important things you can ever do for YOU --- yes, important YOU.
wink.gif

Glad you have a FOCUS. Lots of things could be happening for you this next year!

Blessings to you!

MA

aktion033.gif
Sounds great, Lisa! I'm glad you are going for this. Have fun on your cruise and have a great birthday!

That is really awesome!! My daughter took a year long course and is now a Certified Medical Assistant. She loves her job. She works in a practice that has patients from newborn on up. She loves the babies, but hates to have to give them shots. She is now planning on going to nursing school.

Great news and glad things are looking so positive for you and very smart of you with the program you're taking Lisa. It will be a gateway to a great career.

I know plenty of people with masters degrees who are still asking. "Do you want fries with that?
biggrin.gif

Thanks everyone! That's what I thought, Trig. I can't afford to waste that much money, $13,000 is a lot, but if I'm going to get a career out of it, it will be worth it. This is the type of diplomas' that will allow me to work anywhere I want to work. Which makes me VERY happy!

Lisa said:
Thanks everyone! That's what I thought, Trig. I can't afford to waste that much money, $13,000 is a lot, but if I'm going to get a career out of it, it will be worth it. This is the type of diplomas' that will allow me to work anywhere I want to work. Which makes me VERY happy!
465524[/snapback]

Way to go!
aktion033.gif

Just wanted to add something that my dad told me when I changed majors in college...

"No education is ever wasted."

Thats GREAT!! Congrats!

Cant wait to hear what you end up doing!

-Kris

Latest posts

Back