I love my Mini!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippin'

Reaction score
So it being a full moon out tonight I decided to take Pippin out for his first night walk. He did amazing! He was his normal high steeping, fast, self so that didn't bother me. We went around the field like normal and he trotted, backed up (need to work on his definition of straight), and turned on his forehand like a pro. He didn't care in the slightest when my dog raced right up next to him or behind him or when the motorcyclists decided riding right up my butt was the best idea ever.

The only things he did that I would consider bad is he trotted when I wanted to walk but all I needed to do to slow him own was say a firm Whoa and give a slight tug on the lead and he went right down to a walk. He also tried to bite my dog when he got to close to his mouth but I just said no and gave him a good pop on the chest and he didn't do it again. His transitions from trot to walk were a bit slower than normal but I expected it so it was no bother.

I think the most amazing part of our walk (after his lack o reaction with the motorcyclists) was when a mother Coyote and her pups walked about 50ft from us and Pippin didn't even blink.

If I didn't know any better I'd think he was quite a bit older than his three years because of how chill he is with everything.

I repeat, I LOVE THIS HORSE!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Great job
default_smile.png

Sounds like you are quite a team!
default_smile.png
Will you be competing in halter obstacles sometime?

Thanks! I will hopefully start competing him next fall because the show season is ending here due to the temp slowly nearing triple digits.

That is how my Halo is... usually very laid back and we honestly haven't found anything she is scared of yet. I know what you mean about loving these little horses...I love Halo so much. I have to board her and it kills me to have her that far away. I want her in my backyard. I also, would love to do halter obstacles someday. Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your guy. That is great!

Halo sounds like an awesome little girl and I can't wait to hear that you have here at your home with you. I absolutely love having my little guy here.

Right now I am working on getting him used to goofy trail obstacles like logs, teeter totters, and the "car wash" thing (the one thing he doesn't like is things flapping in his face). He is going to be my hiking companion first and foremost so getting him used to weird stuff is definitely a priority. Next on the list is Jumping, Halter\Showmanship (he is actually getting amazing at trotting in hand and staying by me but out of my space), Driving, and Therapy work. I finally got my cart and will be starting his serious training for Driving soon. I want to get him Therapy certified but I can't for the life of me find a group that does it in AZ.

Yeah, poor Pippy is going to be a busy fellla.

Latest posts

Back