I lost my friend and namesake tonight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
I knew it was time, he has been going down hill this week. He was old considered to be an elder pig. I sure loved this little guy. I was at least able to sit next to him and pet him thru it. I know he appeciated it. I'm sure going to miss him. Shorty is now with the kitties he loved so much that passed on before him and his loving Angel. The horses were all lined up at the fence to say goodbye. He will be so missed. My daughter was here with me and also had a chance to say goodbye.

default_no.gif
I'm so sorry you lost your Shortpig. I remember when you posted about him.

I'm so sorry!!! These posts hurt so much to read because I know how it is to love pets like family (they ARE family). I'm so sorry, Marie.

Ohhh I am so terribly sad for you guys. I am sorry. I am glad he was home and comfy and you got to be with him. He sounded like such a character.

Oh.......I'm so sorry........I'm glad that he was surrounded with love when he passed, though.........

Oh Marie, I am so sorry.

Shorty was such a wonderful character, and he was such a lucky little guy to be a part of your family.

I consider myself fortunate to have known him, and I was honored to give him his wading pool/piggy litter.

He led a charmed life, surrounded by caring people and friendly pets (even if he did have to put up with Duckie "looking" at him).

Rest in peace, Shorty.

Take care, Marie

Shorty had been super loving and sweet all week. When I got home from work last night he had found his spot to lay. The

Horses were all lined up at the fence quietly looking at him. When I sat down with him he grunted at me quietly as if to say goodbye. He grunted a few more times but I knew this was it, he didn't try to get up or move just grunted. His way of saying I love you mom but I have to go now. Everyone is waiting for me. I had scheduled an appt with the vet she was coming out tonight so I called and cancelled. As was always the case Shorty did it in his own time his own way. I will always remember him as the silly pig who loved to torment my daughter by going thru her stuff in her bedroom. She would find him and oh the arguments they had. He would come running out so proud of himself. Wait for her to settle down in front of the tv then sneak right back in her room one more time. No one ever loved a belly rub more than my little pig. How he loved his kitties. They were his furry little friends. Of course he had his special kitty that he would chase thru the house and then turn around and the kitty would chase him, pretending to attack the piggy like a big mountain lion. Then we would find them sleeping together when they got tired. They were so cute.

My daughter has always said she hates this picture but I believe now it will be a treasured item.

Just hanging out!

AVickywithShorty.jpg

Shorty was the best little piggy that ever lived.

Shorty 02/1995 to 7/31/2008 Loved, cared for and deeply missed. Now living with those who went on before him.

May he rest in peace
default_wub.png
I am sorry for your loss

Last edited by a moderator:
{{{{{{Marie}}}}}} I'm so sorry!!! I'm sitting here crying.

I bet he was the most loved piggy in the world! He will live forever in your heart.

Back