I lost a friend this summer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a beautiful story and tribute. Sorry you have lost him but what a beautiful way for him to have gone. Thank you so much for sharing this and his lovely pictures. I'm having to wipe the tears from my eyes. You had a wonderful bond.

Between Lori and Kim-
default_crybaby.gif
:CryBaby
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif

Lawsy, I have GOT to stop reading these at work! BTW Lori, I have no doubt he was reading at least your intentions. The good ones do that and Willie was sure a good one!
default_wub.png

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Leia! Kim read this to me when I came home from work and it was impossible to supress the tears. I considered Willie a friend and never, not once, mised a chance to bring him treats, grass and pats on one of my weekend excursions to Lori's farm to see our minis. I was lucky to arrive a few hours early waiting for Lori and Kim to return to the farm from the U.S trip on the eve before Willie passed on and I spent some time in his paddock talking to him and softly stroking his neck. He was always so charismatic and in charge, it was difficult to see a friend kind of off by himself not doing a whole lot - usurped from his post or job. I will always, always remember Willie when I look at my wonderful gelding Duke - it was that terrific drive on Wille that day that convinced me that I "needed" a bigger, faster mini.

Lori, I don't try to imagine your pain, but hope that knowing that we grew to love Willie rather quickly and miss seeing him proudly standing in that paddock watching over his herd, pulling me towards him with those treats like an equine magnet softens the pain just a bit.

Willie is missed, remembered fondly. and loved.

Your friend, Garnet

I just saw this now and it broke my heart. Im so sorry you lost him. What a good horse.

Latest posts

Back