I know that I am sickening.....but

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
The filly fairy stopped by Ontario....yet again
default_aktion033.gif

This baby is something else.

This maiden mare is 29 inches, black with a tiny white star. She is off of a buckskin and an appaloosa.

The stallion is 29.75 inches, black and white pinto

The delivery was "wild". We left for a couple of hours this morning after chores, and when we came home I zipped to the barn to have a quick look.

The mare was down and the white bag was well out with just one leg "well presented"

I tried an internal and no other leg to be found however the muzzle was there. Both my husband and I tried pulling with contractions and trying to find the other leg at the same time as we inched the one leg and now the muzzle appeared. Still no other leg.

My husband ran to call the vet and the mare stood up. At this point I was able to push the baby back and now knowing how the muzzle and leg were positioned reached in and luckily found the other leg in a bent position.

I put my finger behind the knee and flicked the foot forward and out she came, none the worse for wear. Mum was not too good for a short while and after a couple of shots, she popped up and followed baby into the nursery.

Sheer luck but many years ago we were sheep farmers and have quite a bit of experience with wierd presentations.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1592/9647...9/313247703.jpg

I'm happy you all were able to get her out okay! She's a pretty filly!!! Congrats
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

PS Here's the picture so it shows up in the thread
default_wub.png

313247703.jpg

Thanks Jill for putting the photo up.

I can't figure that part out.

To answer Devon, we are in Southwestern Ontario.

You have communicated with me before regarding the Clinton or Seaforth Fair, can't remember which.

CUTE!!! Congrats on a lovely new filly and a great delivery!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats -- very pretty girl -- glad that the delivery worked out
default_smile.png

Thanks everyone.

It's cool in our barn and she is extra tiny so I took my hairdryer out and gave her some drying on her legs.

They were still wet and she looked "scrunched up" trying to keep warm.

I have done this in the past and they really seem to enjoy their legs getting warmed up.

She seems to be doing very well and I thank everyone for their kinds words.

Latest posts

Back