I know, it's just a cow and a goat

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi*

Reaction score
I just adore them
default_wub.png
Especially Peatrie. She is very special to me. I bought them from a guy who was keeping them with about 30 other animals in very unhealthy conditions. I went there with intentions of buying Buddy but then I saw Peatrie and I talked the guy into throwing her in with the purchase. The first few days were rough. Buddy was running through fences and DID NOT want anything to do with the bottle. He was sick. We had to get some antibiotics in him. Although Buddy had me worried, Peatrie's condition was just scarey. There were about 5 separate occasions where I walked up to her pen to find her layed out flat and not moving. I would have to start shaking her and finally she would come to. She had diarrhea and wouldn't eat much. After a few days we decided to give her a shot of antibiotics. It seemed to do the trick because everyday she was a little more perky.

From day one, Buddy and Peatrie have been inseparable. Anybody who meets them, can tell right away that they are best buds.

I just wanted to share how far they have come from the day I brought them home. I didn't realize then how unhealthy Peatrie looked.

This first picture is of Peatrie when I first got her home. This is all she did. And I literally had to shake her awake. She was coughing up snot and had terrible diarrhea
default_no.gif

DSC05906-1.jpg

And here is Peatrie now. I may be bias but I think she is a very pretty goat.

DSC06716.jpg

This is a picture of Buddy when I went to look at him. He was pretty scared but still curious.

DSC05899.jpg

Buddy once I got him home. I had to keep the halter and lead on him for a few days so that I could catch him at feeding time. He ran through two fences and got his head stuck in one. We had to cut him out
default_rolleyes.gif

DSC05904-1.jpg

And here they are now! Healthy, fat and happy
default_yes.gif

DSC06899.jpg

DSC07065.jpg

DSC06518.jpg

Thanks so much for letting me share
default_wink.png

Awww, so cute and lucky to have found a great home with you! That calf is a nice one! Wow!

I have two goats I just bought this year, two Nigerian Dwarf does, they are soo much fun! I always say they are like dogs, and have unique personalities.

Good job with them!
default_aktion033.gif

They've all 3 come a long way! Do you have to keep Melody separated from them most of the time or just at feedings?

Just at feeding time. She beats them up if there is food around and she can't have the grain I feed them either. So I lock her in her paddock at night but she is turned out with them all day long until dinner.

They've all 3 come a long way! Do you have to keep Melody separated from them most of the time or just at feedings?

Last edited by a moderator:
aww there adorible.

tip- to bond with cows scratch them under their chin. : P they can't reach that area.

I worked with my Jersey heifer everyday and she's is wonderful, everytime you walked in the pasture she would come right up to you. But since the 4H was borrowing 3 heifers we had to give them back to the owner. Were not getting another 3 this year. : ( im upset. I loved them.

so cute! What are your plans for the cows? When they grow to full size.

They are boys right, are they 'fixed' ? Just curious about them and the personality. I have seen grown ups, and they are HUGE!!

I think they have the most beautiful faces. Such big pretty eyes.

For now they are pets. They are both boys and are both fixed (Reggie is in the process, but they haven't fallen off yet). I'm not sure what the future holds for them. My Dad went in halves with me on Buddy in hopes of having him serve a "larger" purpose in a few years. Not sure I will let that happen though. If not, I will have to keep him the rest of his life cause if I sold him, he would for sure meet his end. That is what he is bred for after all.

He's livin' it up right now though
default_yes.gif

They are both sweetie pies. Buddy is getting very big, very quickly. He has never been pushy with me and I hope he stays that way
default_yes.gif

so cute! What are your plans for the cows? When they grow to full size.

They are boys right, are they 'fixed' ? Just curious about them and the personality. I have seen grown ups, and they are HUGE!!

I think they have the most beautiful faces. Such big pretty eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much everyone!
default_yes.gif
I think it's the best feeling in the world to know you are giving an animal a wonderful loving home. Lord knows there are plenty out there that aren't so lucky.

I love your 'blended' family. They are all gorgeous animals. You seem to pick the beautiful ones!

xox Leonie xox

Latest posts

Back