I know it is awhile but it just got me to thinking

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty

Reaction score
Angie's post got me to thinking about Nationals. We were supposed to go to a show this weekend but the good lord must want me home for something (maybe to win the lottery
default_wink.png
) because I just can't get all the horses paperwork together to make it. So will be looking for another show here shortly.

But anyway. I mentioned we at Nationals we were in Egypt (barn E). Nice breezy, quiet, friendly people, quiet, LONG trot or gallop to the arena, quiet. I am going to request it this year but get a scooter to save my tired ole legs
default_unsure.png
that extra 100th trip back for a forgotten item. :DOH! And we only had a few classes last year because of Shawn being Jr. Ambassador and me being lazy and just wanting to hang out and make it a vacation. This year we will be alittle more serious
default_biggrin.png
and dragging along a few more and some weanlings so will be more interesting (I'm sure they will be super independent by then and trying to run back to WI on me)

Where are you all normally located so we can all find each other this year
default_yes.gif
and say HELLO!! Erica's is easy to find
default_yes.gif
and I am sure we will visit to see what the flavor of the day is at least once, ok maybe twice (LOL) and drool over some of her horses.

Heck we are easy to spot, the people from Wisconsin that are really pale because summer doesn't come until August and only lasts a week
default_yes.gif
and are tickled pink to be somewhere warm
default_smile.png
Even if it did rain rivers last year. And whose area looked like the hurricane blasted thru it a time or two. OR if you have a Corgi that was probably my son BEGGING to take it for a walk. He really wants a Corgi
default_new_shocked.gif

Hoping to come show in youth classes. Its looking like I will get to go finally!! It's my dream; if I get to go definatly won't sleep for days :DOH!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wub.png

Will the lovely prince son be there?! I must meet him in person
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You know it
default_wink.png

And a gorgeous Henry colt and our fat (Because Jessie give a FEW too many treats this winter) old reliable over gelding Spooky (who isn't pretty but BOY can he move) and a few others.

I would love to have a BBQ if anyone is up for it
default_yes.gif

we have been in "E"xile barn for the last two years. Other than for the walk, and being a million miles away from any warm up area if you like to drive, we like i there. it is newer so seems "cleaner", breezy and cool when it's hot (last year heat didn't seem to be as much of a problem). My only gripe was the continously barking dogs that wouldn't shut up. I LOVE dogs (infact i take one with me every year) but they were driving me nutty. We lived in the barns instead of getting a hotel and the dang things would bark most of the night and start barking bright and squirrly in the morning and pretty much do it continously all day long..... It was just one group of dogs too. everyone elses dogs were relatively quiet with the occational barks but no biggie (probably putting my foot in my mouth saying it on here about them but it was aweful i was not the only one irritated by them). we moved over a row or two but still in the same area and seem to be placed next to the same people. You know we really should have a big barn party to meet everyone in our barn(s)!

We are planning to go this year. Last year was our first time and we were in one of the barns right by the arena. Not Barn B but the other one. I think some people said it was the race barn?

Ok, is barn E the one where Crutchfield and mcCarthys were set up? If so thats where I was set up last year too. Our entries get sent in with Lees so Showtime training is in the same barn as them. We definitley will have to meet folks in that barn this year. Cant wait.

no barn E is completely opposite ends of the facilities as where you guys were. if you walk up to the main show ring and just keep walking past Erica's watern hole, through the next barn over..then WAYYY over is Us in lil ole barn E.

NOPE Barn E is the closest to the campground or RV hook up.

Lee was in a middle barn by the Arena. Some fancy setups there
default_smile.png
. HMMM. Maybe I should work on some stall curtains. (sounds like work...... hmmm maybe not
default_wink.png
)

Boy Boinky I'm thinking no one has been out that way
default_smile.png
YEP a party would change all that and maybe alittle duck tape for a few dogs (just kidding)

Lee Crutchfield and his gang were in the Racehorse Barn. It's the barn across the street from the vendors.

Last year, I was in A, the year before E, and the year before that Racehorse. It usually depends if I send in my entries with someone or not.

We hope to be in barn just across the alley from E (is that C?) like last year but I guess that depends if Sam will let us "group" with him or not. As a trainer he has more pull than I do!
default_smile.png

Since Nationals moved to Tulsa we've always been in the same barn, the one right across from the venders (but not where Lee is) it's pretty close to everything and I don't have a complaint except that the drains back up when it pours!!

I've always heard that the barns that are up a ways are always more breezy, I guess because they are sitting up on the hill.

We've always been stalled near Country Lane and the other folks from Canada, also Buck On and with Ten L from Kentucky.

Looking forward to September...........love Nationals!!
default_aktion033.gif

I am going, im going with Sheryl, Ernie and Dana. I am driving down to Sheryls (Irish Hills Farm) a day early and then driving to Tulsa with her and will be there for the full two weeks.

I am looking forward to it
default_biggrin.png

Does anyone have a map or website for the facility where Nationals is? Im curious how the place is set up.

Not sure where we will be stalled at, Sheryl, Ernie and Dana are all stalling together so uh Sheryl where we at?

I am going, im going with Sheryl, Ernie and Dana. I am driving down to Sheryls (Irish Hills Farm) a day early and then driving to Tulsa with her and will be there for the full two weeks.

default_biggrin.png

Does anyone have a map or website for the facility where Nationals is? Im curious how the place is set up.

Not sure where we will be stalled at, Sheryl, Ernie and Dana are all stalling together so uh Sheryl where we at?
[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Here you are
default_smile.png
Hmm..it looks like they have renamed all of the barns...well that's helpful...NOT! Expo Square Facilities

Yeah!!!

It will be here before you know it.......ugh, I dread all the work that goes into it, but I wouldn't miss it for anything.

We should be in the same barn as always, can't ever remember if that's C or B; Neighbors to my horsey godmother Belinda
default_biggrin.png
, you'll see mine and Vickie's curtains and the Watern'Hole.....

Can't wait to see everyone and be sure and stop by. Someone is usually at the stall front unless we are busy showing; you'll usually find me bathing or clipping, or showing............and if not one of those maybe asleep on the couch.

Looking the picture, since they changed all the barn names last year, I think it's the Oklahoma Ford Dealers Barn?? I think we show in the Ford truck arena

Thanks Laura for the link!

Looking at the layout of the grounds, looks set up nice, place looks huge.

I think i am seeing a trend in the barn names
default_wink.png

Thanks Laura for the link!

Looking at the layout of the grounds, looks set up nice, place looks huge.

I think i am seeing a trend in the barn names
default_wink.png
[SIZE=12pt] You are quite welcome. It is huge. If you don't have a scooter or golf cart, you're going to be one TIRED puppy![/SIZE]

default_biggrin.png

Yep, I'm going and with a boat load of horses too. OMG!

Where are we being stalled? In one of the barns of course! lol I dunno. You'll find out when I find out I guess.
default_aktion033.gif

Anybody say- RENAME BARNS ?? yes, they did. the Ford truck company bought all of them, so the

Main Arena is the Ford Truck Livestock Arena

the other arena is the Mustang Arena

Barn A is the Oklahoma Ford Dealers Barn

Barn B is the Expedition Barn

Barn C is the Explorer Barn

Barn E is the F-150 Barn

and the Racetrack Barn is the Super Duty Barn

Now read that one time and repeat. ha ha ha ha

the last time I was there the letters were completely gone and it was all renamed.

Latest posts

Back