I Killed My Beloved Puppy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My heart is breaking for you Michelle. I am so very sorry.
default_sad.png

On March 25th I did the same thing to my Luna , my dear 14 yr old yellow Lab..she was wagging her tail, laying her head in my hands, looking at me with trusting eyes, BUT she could barely walk, couldn't hold her urine, was in much pain..no quality of life left..and as our vet told us "dogs really do live for the moment" and she needed to be free from her misery..I cried, could barely get the breath to say good bye, kept whispering "I'm sorry, I love you"

Yes I DO know how you feel, but know what? It's fine now, she came to me in a dream just two nights ago, to my bed, laid her big ole head in my bed and was wagging her tail and walking with no pain! She left wet muddy paw prints on my floor all the way from the door! So I know she came back to help me..(In my dream)

So Don't you fret and feel bad, you did the right thing, your dog knows it and so does God above.

Bless you for loving your friend enought to let him go..

Maxine

Oh Michelle -

I know how much you love your animals -- I am so sorry --- please be easy on yourself. It was an accident. I am so, so sorry....

Liz R.

I am so sorry for your loss. But please don't blame yourself. Like many others, I am betting that he wanted to go sooner than you planned and that he intentionally stayed where he was. And I would agree that he didn't want to make you hurt so much as that was not his intent. He is healthy and playing in the lush green grass and waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. (((hugs)))

Sadly, I can relate to your pain.

I did the same thing 2 years ago.

My dog was 14 but not ready to go, like yours.

I am so sorry this happened. That is all I can say.

It still causes me great sadness to think about it, it just isn't how it is meant to be.

It was an accident and know that your dog would forgive you.

It was completely devastating to me, so I know how you feel.

Remember the good times not the ending.

I am so sorry. Please don't blame yourself. Your dog knew you loved him for all those years and still does. Accidents do happen and thats what it was. Wishing you comfort. Love and Prayers, Sheila

Thank you all very much. I am still upset, but deep down 'I know' it was better and was 'meant to be'.. It is still very hard nonetheless..

The love and support helps..

I am a dog groomer and work for a large well known Co. and the support from everyone (forum friends too!) is overwhelming.. Ironically, I have been booked with clients for a month now (I have a large client base) and today I actually groomed FOUR Golden Retrievers (among other breeds).. All ages, different owners, etc.. each one I saw a little touch of Dusty..
default_wub.png

Thank you, thank you..
default_yes.gif

Oh yeah!

One of the Goldens today was a brand new puppy.. they let their young children name the pup.. One son decided on "Brother" and the other said "Dusty".. so he was named "Brother Dusty" about a week ago!
default_wub.png

I am so sorry, Michelle....my thoughts are with you.

Liz

default_no.gif
I'm so sorry for your loss. You have lots of wonderful people on here who care and are here for you. Your pup loved you and knew you would never do anything to cause harm. You will be together again. My husband ran over his beloved cat who was in her twenties. It was so heartbreaking!

Prayers are there,

Joan

Michelle...I think your friend didnt want to make you go through telling the vet to 'go ahead' when it was that time. Tim said the same thing when I read it to him...Dusty chose to save you that and go on his on terms. His warm eyes and special smile...will glow in your heart forever!

I'm so sorry...as every one else has said, do not blame yourself.

Hugs

Latest posts

Back