I just read that Multihitch got her minis back

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
Like the rest of you, I've been following the saga of the stolen fillies. I waas thrilled to hear that they were returned. But it also made me think. It is so hard to recover stolen horses. Do all of you have up to date pictures of your minis? It would be so much easier to match minis to current pictures. I think if you know exactly what they look like maybe both in winter coat and summer coat the chances of getting them returned would increase.

Just a thought.

Ginny StP

wow that's awesome she got them back! can anyone tell the story behind it? Did the people that stole the horses return them or were they apprehended ect? Just being curious and nosey! it's such a scarey thought that anyone would steal an animal of any sort!

You know, that is a GOOD idea.
yes.gif
I usually keep photos with their registration papers..ones that I took, not just the AMHA cropped pictures. But I don`t always update them and do not have any with their winter woolies....so...that is on my "to do" list for summer and winter.

YEA! Thrilled to hear they are back!!!

VERY good idea..it HAS come in handy!!! We keep winter and summer and at LEAST yearly as they mature pics, in a notebook with copies of registration papers, brand inspections etc. The gals that sub for us occasionally at feeding time appreciates the book as well..winter and summer there can be SUCH a difference! A bay roan in the winter is not a bay roan in the summer! YIKES!

stallion_major.jpg

Good idea, I plan to do that..

also has anyone else had their horses microchipped? Has that worked out for you?

I've been thinking of having that done.

Maxine

Believe it or not my husband suggested we microchip ours! THIS from man who does nothing with them and begrudges the expenses.
new_shocked.gif
Do you think I should?

There is only one bad thing about microchipping. Too many different readers and not all of them can read all the microchipps that are available.

Has been a real problem. To many makers and they don't want to make them universal. Your horse may have a microchip but if the person doing the reading has the correct microchip reader it will not do you any good.

I have learned on thing for sure since I was the one Jan turned to when she was out of town. It will cost me dearly but I will have all my horse freeze branded under their manes--this is what the Arabian Registry does for the arab industry.

A freezebrand can not be altered without destroying the original freezemark. Back when I was in Arabs on of my geldings jumped when the brand was applied and two of his numbers did not come out and they tried to rebrand just those two numbers and it double marked--the technician had to take all sorts of photos to turn into the Registry and then come back several weeks later once the hair had come back in to take photos of the brand to show how it looked with the hair grown back in.

IT'S NOT CHEAP unless you can get several people in one place but I will be doing mine.

Latest posts

Back