I HOPE MY Mares Listen to me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
I've got 5 mares left to foal. Three of them are over due. One appears to be getting ready, but you know how that goes.......! So, today I had a long talk with the three that are overdue and told them I want 3 Fourth of July foals. No ifs ands or buts about it!! LOL

Now, if they listen to me and do what they are supposed to do, (I'm hoping and praying) what do I name these guys.?

I've had one suggestion I like for a filly: Liberty Belle

any other suggestions????

I'm at work and I'm bored and wishing I was out partying with my friends. I work 4pm to Midnight today and tomorrow so I had to find something to do, hence the name question!!

Thanks,

Ginny StP

I too am wanting my mare to foal tomorrow. Been waiting a couple weeks now for her to pop! I am sure if it were a filly I would have to use Independence in there somewhere and if a colt I think I would to use Rocket, Flare, Cracker, Sizzler, or maybe Roman Candle...hee hee. Liberty Bell is realy a pretty name...I do have a Belle. Well sitting at work, and bored will give you lots of time to come up with some good ones! Keep in touch and let us know if those little firecrackers "pop" Mary

virginia said:
I've got 5 mares left to foal.  Three of them are over due.  One appears to be getting ready, but you know how that goes.......!  So, today I had a long talk with the three that are overdue and told them I want 3 Fourth of July foals. No ifs ands or buts about it!!  LOL
Now, if they listen to me and do what they are supposed to do, (I'm hoping and praying) what do I name these guys.? 

I've had one suggestion I like for a filly:  Liberty Belle

any other suggestions????

I'm at work and I'm bored and wishing I was out partying with my friends.  I work 4pm to Midnight today and tomorrow so I had to find something to do, hence the name question!!

Thanks,

Ginny StP

416372[/snapback]

hey ginny

could you talk to my overdue filly and my about to burst shetland??? I soo need mare stare to be over!! I was also thinking about fun 4th names. We start our stallions foals names with HOT so i was thinking for Tinys foal

Baxters Hot N Tiny firecracker

but with my luck i wont get a 4th foal LOL

Hey! Do you think we'll have a bunch of "firecracker" foals all born tomorrow????

I've got one too!

MA

Hmm, I've been having that conversation with my jenny, but I don't think she's listening! I kind of like the name Firecracker!! Our prefix is Lonely Mt., so I thinking along the lines of:

Lonely Mt's Firecracker

Lonely Mt's Whiz Bang

" " Hot Holiday

" " Fireworks

I guess I have too much time on my hands too!!!!

Kim R

My husband has had a tough time believing me when I first started saying that our jenny is pregnant. The people we bought her from didn't even know!!! He kept saying she was "just fat". I kept telling him that was what we were going to name the baby!

So, in honor of the holiday....Lonely Mt.'s Fat Firecracker or Wicked Watermelon Seed, or Star Spangled Fatty, or ...oh, I guess I better find something else to occupy my time!!!!
new_shocked.gif
rolleyes.gif

Kim R

Ginny,

I will PM you my phone number and maybe you can have a talk with my maiden mare, Annie
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
. I wanted a Canada Day (July 1st) foal, but that didn't happen so now I have my fingers crossed for a 4th of July foal. Even thought I still think she will wait longer to pop. I have dual citizenship so it would be great to have one on either holiday!

Dee

Lots of colt name possibilities:

Patriot

John Hancock

George Washington

For fillies

Declaration of Independence (Indy)

Betsy Ross

He he he. keep 'em coming!

Hmmm I like Rockets Red Glare if one of them is a red foal.

Maybe Star Spangled Banner for a colt?

Yankee Doodle Dandi for a filly

Liberty Belle

Julys Roman Candle?

I JUST WANT A FOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginny, any babies yet today?

You could use Sparkler in a name too.

How about Philadelphia Freedom?

I've got one I swore was going to go last night. I told her this morning she has till 11:55 pm to produce that baby! I may use P.F. myself if it's a colt but hoping for a filly since it's my only foal this year.

Update soon Ginny!

Rhapsody Rhodes

Appy Hollow Farm

No baby for us today...she's waiting until I have to go to a show!

Kim R.

AArrrgh..............Nothing yet!!! I watched their every move last night and not one of them produced a foal. I think they were laughing at me. But thedays not over yet. I sure hope these great names don't go to waste!!!!

Anybody else have one???? There's lots of names here to go around!!!

Ginny StP

Latest posts

Back