I heard a rumor

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy2m

Reaction score
I went yesterday to help set up for the HDT I'm driving in next week-end. We got talking about carts, and minis, I was told that some people who have vse's and belong to ADS want to change the rules to have a navagator on the singles, the reason I was given was they are tough and can do the samething the bigs can. Has anyone heard about his? I sure dont want my 33 in. carrying another person
default_no.gif

Thanks, Kathy

No, I haven't, and that would just disturb me! There's a big difference between "They're tough, they can do the same things as the bigs can" and "Let's make a 33 inch horse haul the same number of adults around a 13km marathon course as a 15h Morgan!"
default_new_shocked.gif
They're already doing the same things the bigs are; they're hauling their own weight or better which is in fact more than the big horses are being asked to do. Why in God's green earth would someone want to handicap their own horse that way?!
default_wacko.png

If those drivers have such memory problems that they have to have a navigator there is nothing in the rules saying they can't carry one but the rest of us do fine on our own, thank you! :DOH! I would object strenuously to such a suggestion and imagine most other VSE drivers I know would too. We drive TWO-WHEELED CARTS. Navigators therefore are useless as far as balancing the cart, they only add dead weight and crowd the cart seat. Uht-uh, no way Jose!

Leia

My thoughts exactly Leia. We were looking at a marathon cart this guy had built and I asked if he could make a mini one without the back for the navagator, after all if your driving single you dont need one, he said at an ADS meeting he went to some mini people were trying to change it so we have to have gators. I hope its not true. Kathy

My thinking also---and I replied to that effect to your question on this on the cde 4 vse site, Kathy!

Here's a thought--did you see John Henry and Agnes' "mom's" story about the Cape Cart? and the pics? Now THERE's an idea I wish I could carry out for a MINI pair--wonder if the fellows who built it for her could build it in OUR size range?? (A bigger question is whether I could AFFORD it if they would/could! Don't I WISH!!
default_yes.gif
)-but it just looks like a SUPER idea to me--AND, if it were allowable in CDE(didn't I read somewhere that Hardy once drove just this kind of rig? Can't remember if it's considered legal in ADS now...?)- it would be a 'perfect' answer for miniatures, it seems to me! The power of two instead of just one--and you wouldn't mind having to take a 'gator!!

Margo

Latest posts

Back