I haven't done this before, but..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamweaver

Reaction score
I was just wanting your opinions on our mare..

Dream Weaver's Little Miss Dynamite

Dyna4-05Purcell1.jpg

She is one of our three year old mare, under division. She stands 33". This photo was taken at the April Purcell AMHR show. This is one of our AMHR entries......

So what are your opinions, good or bad. Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings, I love her and that won't change!
biggrin.gif

[SIZE=14pt]I like her very much, Nice upheaded mare , good length of neck very pretty and feminine..... Can I have her?[/SIZE]

Lyn
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Wowza!!! I knew I liked Dyna, but WOWZA!!!![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW she is nice!!!
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

She can come live with me any day! Look at that neck and topline!!!!

Also an untrained eye here, but I REALLY like her! I love the flow of that long neck into her withers and back, and I love her long legs and overall balance. Everything about her is wonderful!

I would have guessed her to be much taller -- she has all the pluses of a B-sized mini, but with the smaller size. Lucky you!

Whatever cross you did with her breeding -- I'd do it again!

She is a winner!

MA

Well I think she's beautiful and just looking at the picture looks perfect but hey I love them all..She is gorgeous and you should be very proud of her.
aktion033.gif
wub.gif

She is gorgeous!
smile.gif
She is very feminine; I especially like her long, graceful neck.

Hmmm...

She looks to me like she needs a very looooong holiday down here in New Zealand!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I could help you out with a place for her to stay...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

She's lovely
smile.gif

I love her!!
aktion033.gif
She is nicely balanced. And to top it all off she is my favorite color!
yes.gif

It might be the angle of the picture, but the size of her head looks disproportionately large compared to her body.

But apparently I am the only one who sees it, and I don't know very much, so listen to the experts.

It might be the angle of the picture, but the size of her head looks disproportionately large compared to her body.
I tend to agree, but as she is a three year old, will give her the benifit of the doubt, as she might very well be suffering from top and bottom tooth bumps. I would like to see her again, say...as a five year old.
biggrin.gif

I agree that her head doesnt go with her body, seems a bit coarse. She is also thinner then my likeing but that isnt a conformational thing.

Wait, wait, let me think here folks (all of you, not aimed at Yankee
smile.gif
) ....this is a mini. Isn't one of the giveaway traits of a mini compared to a big horse that they have disproportionately large heads and short legs?? Sorry, I know what you all mean but I just think she's beautiful and that photo IS at an angle. Head will look big, butt small. It's just the way photography works.

Leia

Isn't one of the giveaway traits of a mini compared to a big horse that they have disproportionately large heads and short legs??
No. One should have the same proportions as a big horse. Many minis DO have "disproportionately large heads and short legs", but that is NOT what we strive for. (not me, anyhow)

I am not saying I don't like this mare, just not this particular picture. Like I said before, I would give her a couple of years to see if she "comes together".

"Big" horses too, grow unevenly, and I have had many an ugly duckling turn swan...it just takes a training regimen, proper feed, and time...

Well the only thing I DON'T like about this mare is her bottom jaw, but I was thinking teeth bumps seeing as she is 3 and the second picture posted confirms it, you can see them in that photo as well. She will more than likely grow out of them, they don't appear to be too bad.

Like I said that's the only thing I can fault..........SHE'S WONDERFUL!!!
biggrin.gif
wub.gif

Dreamweaver said:
Dyna4-05Purcell10.jpg

447827[/snapback]

Here is another picture of Dyna in the show ring with my 14 year old daughter, Jessica.

Personally, I like this mare head a lot. I dont' think her head is big for her body, I think it looks bigger because of her very refined throat latch and neck. (I would like to add that it is all natural, she had not been sweated at all.) I have seen horses that had very small heads to match there very fine necks and it looks wonderful...but I don't think the head & neck match the body then. This is just my opinion. Often, we all compare minis to arabs. Well, take a look at a lot of there heads. Often they look larger then they should with the almost non-existent throat latch. The arabs often have a much more refind muzzle which makes them balance.

She also does have her three year old bumps, top and bottom. She has "lost" some of her dishy head for awhile until they clear all up and go away.

Also, she is a little thinner than I like to see as well, but she has been bodying up since then.

I would love to make another one like her, but sadly, we lost her dam the year after she was born. This is the one and only foal she was able to produce for me and I am very glad to have her...she is a one of a kind!

Thank you all so much for all the nice comments....I just wanted to see if I was just being "blind" because she was ours or if other people would like her as well.

For the record, she has been shown limitedly this year. She has done very well, stand Reserve Grand Champion Mare at the May Claremore Show with my daughter showing her! We were so PROUD of both of our "KIDS"!!!

Latest posts

Back