I have some pics to share, its been a while

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Hi everyone

First im going to apologize bc some of these pics didnt upload fully, photobucket and i never got along well lol.

I realized today that i never posted pics of the inside of out 'new barn'. Well toward the end of the summer we converted our garage over to a barn lol. My old barn was something dad threw together in a matter of days and was used mostly as a run in with 2 stalls in the back, it was pretty ugly actually. Its 3 stalls total, all are 10ft'10ft exept Royals in the middle is a bit bigger bc he is the biggest of all. Over at the far wall is my 'tack/grain' area. I'm hoping to get cross ties up somewhere in there eventually and put a small wash rack area outside. It has concrete flooring so i put 3'' of sawdust down in the isleway and the horses have thin rubber mats in there stalls covered in wood chips. I love the new barn, next yr we are adding 3 more stalls across from these three 'just incase' LOL.

InsideBarn.jpg

Coco in his stall. Normally i dont use haynets but since he is very prone to getting sick he only gets out about 2hrs daily now (everyone else is out 10am-6pm) and if he has a haynet full of hay it will allow him to 'graze' and it will last him longer normally so he doesnt get to bored.

Cocostall-1.jpg

Then of course Chief, my magic man son. He is doing wonderful! I swear he is the smartest horse i have ever owned, i love these LTD horses. I've been promising jumping pics of him but i never have anyone to take the pics. He actually doesnt have as much of a winter coat on him as it looks. We need to get training for showmanship, Kays going to kill me bc i havnt started showmanship patterns with chief yet lol. I promise we will start working on showmanship sometime soon lol. Dont mind the pink halter, i got one heck of a deal on these and i guess as long as we dont use them at shows all is well and there manhood is intact. You may even get to see some driving pics of him and i sometime this winter. He is trained to drive already but im trying to get some more miles on him ground driving before i feel good enough to get him back in the cart.

Chiefpinkhalter.jpg

Chiefstall.jpg

I didnt get any pics of Royal today bc he just cant take a good picture lol. But these are few about a week ago when we went driving. After the ohio world show i started cracking down and getting him back in the cart. Boy was it worth it, i dont feel he will be able to show driving bc i know how he gets at shows but he is just breathtaking in harness. Like always, didnt have anyone to take pics so i just snapped a few before we went driving. He is deffently packing on some winter pounds!

Inv015.jpg

Inv15.jpg

Thanks for letting me share, im waiting for snow so i can get some good winter pics. Hopefully i can get jumping pics this week before the mud comes back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing, enjoyed the inside of your new barn. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I am too the point also waiting for snow, just so I have no more mud, mud, mud. :new_shocked:

so good to see chief again even if hes in pink LOL. he is soooooooo smart and easy to train. I miss him but so good to know how loved he is. I have no doubt you guys are going to give me a run for my money in over showmanship. I was practicing a ton until the last few weeks. I better get back on it :lol:

I think were getting snow Thursday, but then agian when has the weather guy ever been right? :lol:

You've already started working on showmanship, wow we better get our butts in gear lol.
default_smile.png

Hi -- That looks like it should work well for you & your horses look comfortable. I have given use of my 24x24 garage to stalls a long time ago. I used it for foaling (it's only about 30 feet from my house) for a few years & it was also handy for horses that needed to be isolated for some reason. It is still real handy to have when need be. Have fun with your little guys & your new barn.
default_smile.png

Leanna, I think Chief looks good in pink. Let me find a pink halter and I will sneak over to Kay's and put it on black. LOL I think all of your boys look good.

As for showmanship, don't count me out! LOL It will be fun to have a friendly competition. :aktion033: I have been practicing quite a bit.
default_yes.gif
:

Fran

Latest posts

Back