I have question......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
As most of you know, I lost my Bumble Bee a week ago Friday.
default_no.gif
.....I know that I am supposed to turn in her papers and write deceased on them. Do I have to do this??? Her papers are all I have left, could I just call them instead? I know that I can make copies for myself (I always have copies of reg. papers). I just hate to turn loose of the original. I will do it IF I have to, but I don't want to! Theresa

I think they automatically give them back to you. I have 2 of my horses papers back and they just stamp deceased on them. I wrote out a little statement telling them the horses name, registration # , and when they had died and sent it in with them. You might request to get the certificate back just in case but i don't think it will be an issue. Mine were both AMHA. Sheila
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Theresa,

Ron lost his "first love" mini several years ago, suddenly and totally unexpectedly. It hurts...badly and can still bring us to tears. But somehow you survive. And it gets a little better. Zephyr was registered with AMHA, AMHR and the pinto registry. We sent in her AMHA papers and asked that they be returned to us. AMHA stamped them "deceased" and sent them right back. Be sure to ask; the papers mean very little to the registry, but can be invaluable to the horse's "family".

Dorothy

You ask AMHA to please return the papers, and they stamp them & send them back. I got my beloved Spuds papers back by asking. I think I read somewhere you must submit a written request. I just put in a little note is all.

See you in a few hours!!
default_saludando.gif

I lost my stallion last May and when I sent the papers back to both AMHA and AMHR I sent a note to have them returned to me. They did so and stamped deceased on his papers with both registries and both registries returned them to me with no problems.

Latest posts

Back