I have had about 8 people contact me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casnos Minis

Reaction score
my first 2 minis are for sale. I've had nuimerous people email me for more info and as soon as they are ready to come and see them, they back out. I had a woman last week email me for pictures and more info. So i emailed her back with pics and info, I also asked her for pics of her place, and references from her vet and farrier. She had just sold her riding horse as she doesn't ride anymore. She had minis before and wanted them again as she like their company. It seems that everytime I aske people for references and pics of their place they drop off the face of the earth. Am I wrong to ask for this as I want the best home for them as I have had them since they were 5 months old and had been around them since they were 3 weeks old. I don't want to sell them, but I'm trying to buy a house and I just haven't had the time to train them the way I want. SO I decided that because we have Drew for riding and Honey our rescue from CMHR, that finding them a home would be best for them. Don't get me wrong they get just as much attention as the other 2, I just don't feel it's fair for them to sit around.

sorry it's so long.

Christy

I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH REQUESTING THAT INFO. ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE THEY MIGHT BE BUYING THEM TO RESELL AND DON'T WANT TO GIVE YOU ANY INFO ABOUT THEMSELVES.

They are YOUR horses - you have the right to ask for anything you want
default_smile.png

When I was looking to buy a mini I would have been absolutely thrilled to be able to show off pictures of my "farm" and give a vet reference to the owner of the minis. I think it shows how much you care about your horses and where they end up.

Thanks. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. I do need to say both the ones I'm selling are registered, and I cut my price to $800 for both. That is a big price differace from what I paid, but I know the market isn't great right now. I even have them on the sales page here, but no luck. I want the best possible home for them and right now If that means they were to go to a home far away that would be fine as long as I knew it was okay and they liked the people. Any other suggestions as to how I can advertise, I can't put pics up on the sale sites so I say email for pics and more info.

christy

A friend and I were discussing our difficulty selling our minis...our prices were certainly low enough but then we discovered folks thought there was probably something wrong with them. Foolish people. Nothing wrong with them. Each of us had our personal reasons for having to cut down or sell out.

I had several inquiries that went no where so I offered them for free and found my perfect family. They happily provided references and brought their neighbor who owns minis for me to meet as well. I recieved pics and details about how and where they'd live and with whom (cows in a separate pen). They asked another week before getting them so they could duplicate my set up as close as they could. Now my horses went free to a great home and stayed together..my dream come true.

C'mon folks...just cuz they're low priced doesn't mean they're not good horses. Now for me 2 were senior citizens but my Halley was worth much more than my asking price...but she's happy and that's better for me than money in the bank. Keep doing what you do Christy, the right ones will come along.

(This is not directed at anyone here just an in general comment)

I see no problem in you asking references, and in fact, I would love to be asked that from a seller. It shows the horse is coming from a wonderful home.

You will find the perfect home, it may just take a little bit.
default_yes.gif

I'm not so sure it's your asking for references that scares them off. I've got a riding horse advertised for sale right now and have had a bazillion inquiries/e-mails but when it comes down to moving along further by them actually meeting the horse, everything comes to a standstill, and most of them don't bother to let you know they are no longer interested for whatever reason.

I've never sold a horse before, but from talking to others, this seems to be the way it often goes. People like to shop but not actually spend their money
default_smile.png
!

I'm not so sure it's your asking for references that scares them off. I've got a riding horse advertised for sale right now and have had a bazillion inquiries/e-mails but when it comes down to moving along further by them actually meeting the horse, everything comes to a standstill, and most of them don't bother to let you know they are no longer interested for whatever reason. I've never sold a horse before, but from talking to others, this seems to be the way it often goes. People like to shop but not actually spend their money
default_smile.png
!
I have had those types too. I have one other person to try. She has 1 mini and wants more and only lives 15 minutes from me. I would free lease or give them to her free. I guess I should just suck it up and ask her.

Christy

Hold up!!!! I'm looking for a mini or two for me and my kids to drive,show,do parades and love to death
default_laugh.png

Could you send some pics and info my way.I love my place,so pictures would be no problem
default_rolleyes.gif

[email protected]

Thanx,

Carrie

You're getting rid of the rif-raf. If they're not willing to provide you with that info, then they're not the right owners for your horses. Plain and simple.

Latest posts

Back