I have chickens

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atotton

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago my grandfather passed away , he was known for having many animals, cows sheep, horses and just about any species with feathers. We have always shared a love of 4 legged animals but after his passing I decided I would like to have a few of his chickens. He always loved going to the barn, he and I would build nest boxes, new coops and tend the incubators together. I always liked being around the hens, but never really had any of my own because my grandfather lived right next door and I could go there whenever I pleased. After his passing I decided it was time that I carry on his passion for the feathered friends at my own home. I picked out a barnyard special hen. (bantam mix) and put some Bantam Cochin and Belgian Quail D'anvers chicks with her. She's a great mother very broody and protective. They are so cute to watch,and quite relaxing watching them scratch around. I can't wait to watch them grow into beautiful birds. I am truly thankful to have shared such a special bond with my grandfather, even though he is gone I still have a connection through his love of his animals.

101_0674.JPG

101_0690.JPG

101_0722.JPG

101_0675.JPG

101_0695.JPG

101_0710.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to read of your loss--that sounds like a lovely tribute to your grandfather. I love to watch all kinds of baby animals grow--bunnies, chicks, horses (of course!), puppies, kittens...they are all a joy. Very cute pictures! I especially like the one of the chick hiding in your hen's neck feathers
default_new_rofl.gif

I'm sorry that you lost your grandfather, but I know he's happy that you've taken in some of his flock and will keep his tradition going. Your time with him sound wonderful, and I'm sure you brought him great happiness. Have fun with your new ones!

Thanks everyone, my grandfather and I were very close. Mama and all 11 babies are settling in nicely, they just so cute.

Black bantam Cochin chick and a D'anver chick. 2nd picture is of 2 mottled chicks.

101_0832.JPG

101_0833.JPG

So sorry for your loss. Glad you have such wonderful memories. And these chicks and Hen are adorable! Loved the one with the chick hiding in her neck. How cute!

Latest posts

Back