I have baby fever

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
So, over the last few months I've been watching mini baby postings, here and on Facebook. Early on, I literally fell head over heels in love with one boy. Then I reminded myself that I did not need anymore horses, my husband would divorce me if I even bring the subject up! LOL! Besides, this boy is mostly white with a black head and a couple of black patches. I have sworn to NOT buy a mostly white horse ever again.

I ultimately decided that there was one local to me breeder that I wanted to buy from if we could come to an agreement on price. I also decided that I wanted a boy, to be gelded as soon as possible. I do not need nor want a stallion. I have no place to keep a stallion separate for very long at all AND I don't want to breed my horses. The idea is to give me a halter horse in another class that isn't direct competition or ultimately end up in the same class as my silver bay.

Little by little, the idea of another horse has been swirling around my head, despite my best efforts to push those ideas OUT. The beginnings of plan started forming instead. After convincing myself that the black and white colt was not a good choice for my plans, I kept watch out for more foals being born. Sure enough it wasn't long before I saw a couple of buckskin and a couple of palomino boys that took my breath away.

I've even figured out how to pay for my new boy. This girl needs to lose weight. And she needs to stop spending money so easily. I'm not bad (i.e., I don't have 50 pair of shoes and dozens of purses) but I could tighten the belt better. So, I'm challenging myself to stop the spending AND stop grabbing lunch or dinner out once or so a week. Every time I have the opportunity to do so and don't, that money will go into the COLT FUND.

Now, I've met those boys in person. And there is one who I cannot stop thinking about. I've sort of already given him a barn name. I guess I should tell his breeder to see what she thinks
default_smile.png

Aw...I sure hope you are able to get your boy. Hard to resist those foals! They are so cute. There is one, where I board my mini now, and he is adorable. A pinto...so cute. Thank goodness he is already sold. LOL

Good for you!

I am doing something similar. A half brother to my beloved guy (same Dam!) was recently born, and is up for sale. Mostly white, with big balck patches, a black head, and TWO blue eyes! I was SO smitten. Considered calling on him. So was my board owner. Offered to board him for free! However, I need another project horse/stud like I need a hole in the head. Cloudy will stay an "only child" through the winter! Plus, the colt is all the way in VA, and Im in NY. And I don't think Mr Cloudy wants another baby around! His 4 month old daughter harasses him enough!

I am in the process of losing weight (HERBALIFE! WOOT!), and have decided when my 30lbs are GONE, I will get Cloudy either a to drive pinto or true roan mare to show, then ultimately begin my breeding "herd" in a few years.

Oooohhhhh.... Baby fever is really hard to cure. Well, until you buy it
default_smile.png
. Keep us posted ;

Well, this is slightly off-topic/different, probably.

Nicky and Coco are having conferences at the fence; there's a whole lot of whickering going on.

The people here on the forum say breeding is bad; I must remember my mantra, mantra, mantra; no hanky panky; the vet here said "You never put the mare is an as much danger as when she's pregnant."

Thanks everyone
default_yes.gif
I knew I'd find kindred spirits here. After 4 years of being here, I know exactly what to do differently this time around. I have said for a long time that *if* I bought one more horse, it would be one of quality...or as much quality as I could afford. I love my Craigslist girls...and realize that my halter horse is the exception to the rule (in that she's a backyard bred horse that actually has some quality to her). I promise to keep you posted!

I think that's a great idea! Sacrifices for a horse aren't as hard!

Latest posts

Back