I Have a Wonderful Forum Family

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
As all of you know I have been diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer. Your prayers and support have been so wonderful and keep me going. I KNOW the mini people and a lot of my clients are the best in the world, but I have to tell you I can't shoe right now and have done this for over 21 years. I KNOW a lot of farriers and they know me and they KNOW what I am going through right now. Guess how many have called? Bet you can't guess. I know hundreds of farriers and have taught some of them their business. Only one has called. They ALL know because I KNOW that where we get our farrier supplies have spread the word and besides some of my clients have called me to ask how I am doing. I think its pretty sad of the industry. Don't get me wrong I LOVE to shoe horses I can't right now because of chemo and I can't afford to get cut; but my husband also shoes and they don't even want him. Pancreatic cancer is NOT contagious and I think what ticks me off the most is I called one client told him the horses were due [have done this one for over 5 years] and he never returned the call and had someone else do the horses. THAT farrier also never called [maybe we are weird but we always call the old farrier on new horses] to find out what is going on. Many years ago I did horses for a friend that couldn't shoe at the time and has since moved on to do new things in the horse world that is part of the farrier world and SHE hasn't even talked to me but has told all my clients and friends. I guess I just needed a shoulder to cry on and you have ALL been so wonderful THANK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING! Love to all, Linda

PS By the way I am NOT QUITTING and I will beat this thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda,

I think people do stupid things when they don't know what to do.

I'm sure most of them really care, they just don't know what to say or do.

The reason so many of us became farriers is we are more comfortable with animals than people.

Wish I could pick up a couple calls for you.

Sorry you're having to go through all of this.

We care here at the forum !
default_yes.gif

Hang in there

Vickie

Last edited by a moderator:
Linda, dont worry, we wont let you quit! We love you too much for that. And, we wont quit praying either. Only God knows the future but I do know he doesnt expect us to give up without our best effort.

Lyn

I'm so sorry that so many people haven't contacted you Linda.
default_sad.png
Please don't take it personally, maybe they just have no idea what to say and so just say nothing at all? Not the best choice at a time like this when you can use the support, I know! :DOH!

Sending {{{{hugs}}} I know you WILL beat this!!

That's sad. Do you think possibly, they just don't know what to say or do? It's quite common for some to keep their distance when something serious is discovered. They hear "stage 4..." and it makes them uncomfortable. They protect themselves emotionally by staying away.

That sure doesn't do you any good though.
default_sad.png

[SIZE=36pt] {{{{{{HUG}}}}}} [/SIZE]

I was going to post the same as above, I know sometimes when I don't know what to say I say nothing. I have a friend who's young daughter is fighting a very tough battle against bone cancer and I have heard people fumble with their words and then say something that sounds out of line. I think they just don't know what to say and say the wrong thing. I am so afraid of doing the same I find myself not saying anything when I probably should. I would bet that most of the people you haven't heard from do care and think of you often. Keep it up, Fight Like a Girl!

Linda,

I'm sorry peoplw can be harsh and mean. I wish you all the best and hope you beat this. We are praying for you. I wish we lived closer to you guys. I'm in need of a new farrier because mine is dumb! My big hosre got a reset 2 weeks ago due to throwing a shoe, well he threw another one Sunday! My farrier is on vacation, didn't leave another farrier I should use either. I called another farrier, but he can't do it as he is too busy. I need to find one that has a back up in case this happens. As if he goes to long without his shoes he goes lame.

Prayers and hugs,

Christy

I do understand some people don't know what to say but not THIS many. These are people I have known for years and years, one client instead of stopping just kept on going when he saw us [always had time to chat before when I was shoeing] but left a message with a friend at the barn that we could do the horse if we had the time? I am blessed with you all but you have to understand what is going on. The farrier industry is so cutthroat up here its not consiencable. Linda

The farrier industry is so cutthroat up here its not consiencable
You know it better than we do, Linda--and I take your word for it. It's hard to understand and must be so hurtful to you and your family. I'm so sorry--although that doesn't help much either.
default_sad.png

I am sorry Linda. There is a song by Eric Clapton called "Nobody knows you when your down and out" and it sure is true. It is sad but true. Please just know that we are all pulling for you and here if you need anything. We may not have met in person but that doesn't mean we aren't friends right? Sometimes you find friendships in the most unexpected places
default_yes.gif

Linda, I am so very sorry the farrier community has been making you feel so bad. It really is sad that no one other than that one person even called you. Sending continued prayers for you. You're a fighter, and it's the fighters that WIN!
default_aktion033.gif

Linda I'm sorry you are being treated this way by people who should be standing by you.

Perhaps as others have said they just DON'T know what to say so they are saying nothing.

[SIZE=18pt]((((HUGS))))[/SIZE]

Dear Linda,

I have had many losses/tragedies in my life time. The biggest thing I learned from my past is you find out who your true friends are. The people you often times expect to come through for you don't, and the ones you don't expect to do. But I don't think it is because of you persay. I think it is because of two things, either they don't know how to handle the situation so they just avoid it, or they are too wrapped up in their own lives to take the time. At first I dwelled on the people who didn't step up and weren't there for me and I became very bitter. But then I opened my eyes and saw how many people that did come through that I didn't expect which was a God send. That was when I realized how blessed I truly was.

Maybe your farrier friends haven't been there for you but just think about how many other people have come your way and done so much. You have had an out pouring of "HUGS" from everyone here on the forum.

Please just keep thinking about all of us that do love you and care and don't waste your energy on the others. You need positive energy and thoughts to heal.

Love,

Sue

Thanks Sue, All of you have been so wonderful its just that when I started out in the farrier industry I was told what a tight knit caring community it was. HAH. These are people I thought were my friends [and I know now they are not] went out of my way to help many many times when I could have been doing something else [like with my horses]. It just ticks me off. I have been totally up front and honest about everything and one of these bit@@@@s started to bad mouth my husband who has done nothing wrong to anyone. He is a good farrier and they don't want to use him because he doesn't talk [bS] enough. I have no complaints about anyone in the mini world and most of my big horse clients also. Its just you would have to know them to understand the attitude they have. With the farriers its [oh boy I can get more new clients if something happens to her] and some of the other people you are just a piece of meat even though you have gone out of you way for them multiiple times over the years and had to wait for payments etc. Nice people eh? I treasure you all, I just had to print this though cause I was having such a down day on it. These people certainly DO know what to say when they want something but they don't have the courtesey to call unless it helps them out. Love to all, Linda

My dear friend, humans are just that..unfortunately human.

They most likely have no idea they've hurt you but will feel like ostriches...albeit stupid ones to miss out on this journey with you.

Now, this negative energy does you no good, so look deeply to this hurt because it does hurt, then cut it loose and let it fly off like a big red balloon.

THEN, look at your other hand...within it you hold a bouquet of flowers...not balloons...they stay and don't fly away at the first wind.

These flowers are all of those who DO care and the scent you smell is their love and life force they send you...

hold on to that....the good energy....it is the loss of others not to be with you now....

let it go...let those of us, your "flowers", help the walk along....lighting it with prayer and healing.

Love you Deb

Sorry to hear about the farriers...keep your positive thoughts and energy flowing!

Dee

Linda

Im so sorry that your farrier (friends ????) arent supporting you as you have supported them. How quickly people forget. Its such BS and to have Paul affected is just inconcionable right now. Just know that the whole mini community are walking with you in this journey and we will lift you up if there is any way we can. I havent posted recently but do want you to know my prayers continue everyday that there will be a miracle for you until you ask me to stop. I have a friend who lost her youngest son in a car accident and she became a leper all of a sudden all the (friends????) that had been around her almost daily disappeared it has now been 7 years and she still has no idea why. I think sometimes people dont want to be reminded of their own mortality since if this can happen to you it can happen to any of us. Instead of shying away they should be there to help you through. Thats what friends are for. I agree with Sue and Debs though you need to concentrate on those that are worth the effort and these (friends ?????) obviously are NOT worth it. Keep on Keeping on and let them go. ((((HUGS))))

default_saludando.gif
Hey,

My prayers are there for your healing. I'm so sorry you're going through all this. Please know we're all just a click away.

God bless,

Joan

Latest posts

Back