I Have a Wonderful Forum Family

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diamonds and Stones!

You are our Diamond!

Here is a saying I love, I will post it today for you!

Never take someone for granted

Hold every person close to your heart

Because you might wake up one day

And realize that you've lost a diamond

While you were too busy collecting stones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah Sphinx,. you reminded me of a tale I posted on the Path, so I went and got it for Linda.

Clay Balls

A man was exploring caves by the seashore. In one of the caves he found a canvas bag with a bunch of hardened clay balls. It was like someone had rolled clay balls and left them out in the sun to bake.

They didn't look like much, but they intrigued the man, so he took the bag out of the cave with him. As he strolled along the beach, he would throw the clay balls one at a time out into the ocean as far as he could.

He thought little about it, until he dropped one of the clay balls and it cracked open on a rock. Inside was a beautiful, precious stone!

Excited, the man started breaking open the remaining clay balls. Each contained a similar treasure. He found thousands of dollars worth of jewels in the 20 or so clay balls he had left. Then it struck him.

He had been on the beach a long time. He had thrown maybe 50 or 60 of the clay balls with their hidden treasure into the ocean waves. Instead of thousands of dollars in treasure, he could have taken home tens of

thousands, but he had just thrown it away!

It's like that with people. We look at someone, maybe even ourselves, and we see the external clay vessel it doesn't look like much from the outside. It isn't always beautiful or sparkling , so we discount it.

We see that person as less important than someone more beautiful or stylish or well known or wealthy But we have not taken the time to find the treasure hidden inside that person.

There is a treasure in each one of us. If we take the time to get to know that person, and if we ask God/Spirit to show us that person the way He sees them, then the clay begins to peel away and the brilliant gem begins to shine forth.

May we not come to the end of our lives and find out that we have thrown away a fortune in friendships because the gems were hidden in bits of clay. May we see the people in our world as God/Spirit sees them.

I am so blessed by the gems of friendship I have with each of you. Thank you for looking beyond my clay vessel.

Sage,

That was such a beautiful story and it is so true. Thank you for posting it.

Sue

Beautiful story and so very true. I absolutely treasure the friendships that I have each and every one is a precious gem. Love to all, Linda

Linda, Don't let it get you down. You know the real people that love you and don't worry about the others. We will be needing some work done soon and we know that Paul will be the one to do it and we also know that Paul isn't YOU and does things a bit different. Doesn't mean he isn't as good as you, but no one can fill your shoes. You will always have a few clients here with us.
default_cheekkiss.gif
Love ya Diana

It is sad that the people you thought were your friends are not there to back you up. I agree with others, they may think that they can close their eyes to the situation and it will be ok. I had a similar situation after a surgery....I was in my home town and I was sure that my friends from church would come by to see be......but no one came.....later they said they didn't know what to do because my mouth was wired shut and I couldn't talk...........but just the thought is what I was looking for....so I think I know how you are feeling.

but put those negative things behind and think of all the warm vibes and many prayers that are going up from the forum. Many many hugs to you.

Linda-

I guess I better explain about one of your clients anyway. I am sorry that I didn't do this earlier. Some background for forum members - Linda has been comng all the way from NH to CT do my 7 minis (along with some others in the area). I still use my "old" farrier to do my big horse though, as he has been shoeing Target for well over 10 years. When he had double hip replacement surgery awhile ago, Linda helped us both out by shoeing Target, and he appreciated it.

Anyway Linda- I told him about your situation (but not your full name) when I asked if he could do the minis too. He was very sympathetic to your situation and wishes you well - but I never passed along his message!!! So there is at least one farrier in CT who is thinking and praying for you - even if he doesn't know you.

Mary

P.S. I'm still praying for yout too!

Thanks Mary, I miss you and tell him a big thank you for me! I really appreciate it. I will fight this and I will beat this but I know its hard on my clients whom I miss and their horses. Love you Mary, Linda

Latest posts

Back