I have a secret

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I have been holding it back for about 3 hours now. I knew that this was probably going to happen for a couple of weeks, but I didnt want to post it until it was absolute. After we had sold Taz last month, we have been on and off searching for a stallion. Well, on Equinesite we went and I just emailed several people asking for photos of their stallion or colt, and I find this little silver bay. I FELL IN LOVE. Today we went out and visited him, and put a deposit down. He should be coming in one to two months after he is weaned!

He is currently un-named, but will be AMHA and AMHR Registered because both of his parents are double registered. He was 15" at birth, and it sure to stay under 29".

His Sire has Buckeroo 3 lines back and Gold Melody Boy 4 times back, and also has

Komokos Little King Supreme

Hemlock Brooks Silver Legend

Komokos Little Hustler

Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too

Buckeroos Top Cat

Little Kings Buckeroo Times Two

Johnstons Vanilla

Here is his Sire, Clear Brooks Buckeroo Boogie

Chuckybody05.jpg

His Dam is a beautiful black 31" mare out of White's Calvin Klein who produces GORGEOUS necks and has National top ten titles.

This is his dam, Clear Brooks CK I can Shine

TwiggyBody.jpg

Now, onto the good part. We went to visit this little guy today, and boy do I love how he moves. We are currently thinking of a name. We would like something that has some refferal to his lines in his name, so any suggestions would be great!

He was born May 3rd, 2005.

101612810.jpg

101612854.jpg

101615588.jpg

101610745.jpg

Thank you for letting me share!!!

Jessica

Congrats. Beautiful colt. Seeing him move how about:

"farm name" I Can Boogie

CONGRATS!! Are you sure he is silver bay? If he was 15'' at birth I bet he will be 26'' at mature!! That is TINY!! He is GORGEOUS!!! good luck with your new little one!!

-Gage-

Congratulations Jessica!!!!
aktion033.gif

He is LOVELY! I Love his wonderful HUGE eyes!!!! Looks like he is going be a real looker!
wub.gif

Congratulations!!!!
aktion033.gif

Nancy

HANDSOME colt! CONGRATULATIONS! AND, I wouldn't be surprised if this siver bay colt is in fact a regular bay, and not a silver bay.
yes.gif

Thanks guys! I think he is a silver bay, because he has the silver on his legs and belly, around his eyes, and on his muzzle. But you cannot be sure with mini foals.

Here are some regular, clipped but not spoofed up, stall pics.

100501840.jpg

100503326.jpg

100496876.jpg

All photos taken by Elizabeth Marks

ForMiniSeasonsFarm said:
Thanks guys! I think he is a silver bay, because he has the silver on his legs and belly, around his eyes, and on his muzzle. But you cannot be sure with mini foals.
Especially after seeing these last photos, I would say your colt is a bay. He shows not sign of silver in his mane and tail, and I also think if he were silver, he would have a more smokey appearance to his freshly clipped coat.

The "silver" that you are referring to on his muzzle and around his eyes, are just a lighter shade of his bay coloring. His sliver legs and tummy are typical of many young foals. His legs will grow out black, and his "underside" color I think is known as "mealy"? Not 100% sure on that term, but it is another way a bay can color.

Mona said:
Especially after seeing these last photos, I would say your colt is a bay.  He shows not sign of silver in his mane and tail, and I also think if he were silver, he would have a more smokey appearance to his freshly clipped coat. 

The "silver" that you are referring to on his muzzle and around his eyes, are just a lighter shade of his bay coloring.  His sliver legs and tummy are typical of many young foals.  His legs will grow out black, and his "underside" color I think is known as "mealy"?  Not 100% sure on that term, but it is another way a bay can color.

421133[/snapback]

Okay, thanks for the imput! Finally a mystery color solved

He is pretty, for sure. That shading is called Pangaré, it causes the creamy colour round the eyes and on the nose and underbelly. Ir will look very attractive when he is grown up. For future reference, one of his parents would have had to be Silver in order for him to be so- it can hide in Sorrel, but neither parent is that.

rabbitsfizz said:
That shading is called Pangaré, it causes the creamy colour round the eyes and on the nose and underbelly.
421140[/snapback]

Thanks! Yes, that's it. I KNEW I was wrong, but could not think of the correct term. Thanks again.
smile.gif

That's a very pretty little bay boy you've got there! I think you're right on track with this fellow!!

What a cutie!!!
wub.gif
I like the name suggesting, I Can Boogie, thats cute! He's gunna be a tiny little boy, can't wait to see this hansome guy when he's all grown up!

Latest posts

Back