I HAVE A PROBLEM

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob r

Reaction score
I HAVE A SONY MAVICA 73 DIGITAL CAMERA WHICH I TAKE PICTURES WITH.

LATELY WHEN I TRY TO SEND A PIC. (AS AN ATTACHMENT) ON MY COMPUTER,

IT COMES UP WITH A 4.11 EXTENTION WHICH I CAN'T OPEN, NOR CAN ANYONE ELSE. I CALLED SONY AND THEY SAID IT MUST BE SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY COMPUTER BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY IT DOES THIS.

SOMETIMES THERE WILL BE THE FOLLOWING:

MVC 001S.JPG THEN BELOW IT WILL SHOW MVC 001S.4.11

AND THEN SOMETIMES THERE WILL NOTHING BUT THE MVC 001S.411-- MVC 002S.4.11 ETC. ETC. ETC.

ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS, I'M LOST.

It could be because everytime you take a picture the camera makes 2 files...one is the actual .jpg(photo) file and the other is a matching "hidden" file. Maybe sometimes you are accidentally sending the "hidden" file instead of the actual photo file.

The .jpg file is the photo, and the 4.11 file is the "hidden" file.(which can be deleted.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree woth Mona, it could be the hidden files. I also have a sony mavica and whenever I look at the photos, the first thing I do is delete the extra files. They are usually much smaller than the actual photo, so I arrange by size and delete that way so I get them all. (Will usually be 1/2 of the files on the disc.) Good luck

Angie

you don't have to delete the 4.11 files, they are created along with the html file that each disk formats so that you can play or review the pictures while still in the camera. reset your computer to you don't see the hidden files, and copy only the jpg files to your computer or your attachment. sounds like your basic computer is set to show all hidden files, and unless you know how to program your computer, that can become too much information. unless you are using a mac, which will create different user location files.

edited:

if you aren't seeing any jpg files, you may have already deleted your pictures off of the disk

Last edited by a moderator:
THANKS FOR THE INFO, WHEN I'M LOOKING AT THE PICTURES THRU MY CAMERA SCREEN, IT DOESN'T SHOW ANYTHING BUT THE ACTUAL PICTURES SUCH AS MVCX 005S.JPG NONE OF THE 4.11 FILES SHOW UP THERE, IT'S JUST ON MY COMPUTER , SO I WILL GO TO MY COMPUTER AND SEE IF I CAN FIND THE SETTING ON HIDDEN FILES AND SET IT NOT TO SHOW THEM.

THANKS

AGAIN

BOB

Latest posts

Back