I have a new baby...had to share

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairytailGlennMinis

Reaction score
When my old kitty died just over a year and a half ago at age 9 and a half, it left a hole in our home. For me and my hubby, our critters are our children and the decision to get another was very difficult. We have wanted another one to be a companion for the brother of the one we lost and to liven things up again. Early last winter we took a year old cat from a friend that we thought would be perfect. The problem turned out that the cat had never been around other cats and was scared to death of our old boy. Of course the old boy had to hiss and act tough...and he seemed to get a kick out of the younger one freaking out and running from him since he had always been the low man on the totem pole so to speak. After several weeks of the younger cat never coming out of hiding and seeming miserable. My inlaws had fallen in love with him, so he went to live with them and has lived a pampered and happy life since then. He likes being an only kitty I guess. We were disapointed and our old boy got pretty depressed again. He never hurt the younger kitty, just thought it was a game to simply make one little hiss and scare the other one into running and hiding under the couch. Anyway, when my sister showed up to visit from TX this week (she drove from TX to Nashville, then all the way to VA) she had a gift for me...a 10 week old kitten that was born to a cat our baby sister had taken in when she found her pregnant and starving back in March. Our old kitty hissed and hissed and the little one was like "okay...is that it?" and would still follow him around. Now (after only 4 days) they follow each other around and there is no hissing at all...only jingle bells from catnip mice and kitties scampering up and down the stairs and playing with the other kitty toys. It is SO cute and we are so happy. Here is our new baby, Serena.

Seri1bright.jpg

DSC01176.jpg

R2andSeri1.jpg

R2andSeri2.jpg

What a sweetheart!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: I absolutely LOVE the photo of Serena sitting on the stairs! How CUTE - congratulations on your new litte one!!! :bgrin

Liz R.

Oh my goodness, she is just too cute and oh so pretty!

Serena is beautiful!!!!!! I love long haired calico cats!!!! I think she's just what you all were meant to have
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

cat21.gif

What a beautiful little kitten. I know just how you feel about cats. I have one here that I would do anything for. Serena is just purrrrfect!

Congratulations!
default_yes.gif
:

Congrats on the new kitty she is a cutie
default_wub.png
: It sounds like she has the typical calico attitude
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back