I have a BIG hole in my barn as of the weekend!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
Kim and I did a road trip this past weekend up to cold and frozen northern Ontario to deliver Jesse, now Clooney, to his new home. It has left a gaping hole in my barn that brought me to tears Tuesday morning on my first visit in to the horses after arriving home. I am VERY happy for Jess as I think he has a wonderful new owner and home where he will be well loved and cared for but I never thought I would miss him as much as I do! I am looking forward to hearing news of Cathy and Je...Clooney's future successes in combined driving. Cathy's goal, which will be helped along by her dressage trainer, is to become the best driven dressage driver and horse team in Miniature history - a worthy and definitely attainable goal!

Here is Jesse when I first handed him off to a smiling Cathy:

Jesse3.jpg

As they went for a drive around in the yard:

CathyJesse2.jpg

then out onto the track:

CathyJesse4E.jpg

and back to the barn.

Jesse4.jpg

With his new turnout companion:

buddies.jpg

They do look happy together don't they?!

Jesse1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My heart goes out to you, Lori. I know how hard it is to let those very special ones go. I have no doubt that Jesse/Clooney will have a very successful show career, though, and you will continue to be very proud of him.

Yes they look VERY happy together!!! :)

Good for you! :)

Susan O.

Looks like a very good match! I bet his now momma is just thrilled. Brrrr, thats frost on the ground in the 1st pix isn't it?

Looks like a very good match! I bet his now momma is just thrilled. Brrrr, thats frost on the ground in the 1st pix isn't it?
That IS frost Hairicane! AND there was actually that horrible 4 letter word in spots! They had a bit of a storm just shortly before we went up and some of "it" was still on the ground. We picked a lovely day though and the sun was melting things fast!

Thanks Judy. I have had a soft spot for Jesse since the day he was born (he is the one in my avatar) and the very idea that he is no longer mine makes me queasy. I KNOW he has a wonderful new home, Cathy loves him already, and, although he has given me some really nice babies, he was going to waste here without a job - those are the only things that stop me from running back up there and bringing him HOME. I am just not good at this horse selling business
default_wacko.png

That IS frost Hairicane! AND there was actually that horrible 4 letter word in spots! They had a bit of a storm just shortly before we went up and some of "it" was still on the ground. We picked a lovely day though and the sun was melting things fast!

Thanks Judy. I have had a soft spot for Jesse since the day he was born (he is the one in my avatar) and the very idea that he is no longer mine makes me queasy. I KNOW he has a wonderful new home, Cathy loves him already, and, although he has given me some really nice babies, he was going to waste here without a job - those are the only things that stop me from running back up there and bringing him HOME. I am just not good at this horse selling business
default_wacko.png

I really relate. I am still missing my Duck but she has the very best home any horse could ask for. No doubt in my mind. Right now I console myself with the fact that the little one due in May will keep us all busy until I am able to find it the perfect home also. Then I will be done. I will live happily with my two mares and two boys. They will get plenty of my love and attention and all will be right in our world.

I was not good with the selling thing either which is why Duckie left home at 8yo and Koda is still here forever. I do my best to keep tabs on the ones I know where they live now.

Jesse/Clooney looks very happy with his new owner and they will be a pair to watch for I am sure.

Lori it looks like he will have a wonderful home. I know how hard it is to part with horses that you have had for a long time. I am parting with much of our herd that took us many years to breed or aquire.

Lori it looks like he will have a wonderful home. I know how hard it is to part with horses that you have had for a long time. I am parting with much of our herd that took us many years to breed or aquire.
I don't know how you are doing it Fran! I think I would be an emotional wreck in the same circumstances. I have been glad to see some of your horses are going to homes that I know will be good for them.

What a lovely, lovely horse! Jesse ("Clooney" just doesn't fit) looks like a perfect miniature of his turnout companion right down to the color and proportions.
default_wub.png

I don't know about being the best dressage driver-and-mini pair in history though; would she settle for "in Canada?"
default_wink.png
I'm working pretty hard on that down here! Hehe.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats again Lori, on finding him the perfect home. You knew he was one of my favorites too, he was such a special boy!
default_wub.png
I'm glad he finally ended up in a cart - I've been waiting to see him in harness for years! He is simply lovely Lori, and I know that you'll miss him. I feel for you. You should go visit him... Over my X-mas break.
default_wink.png
But seriously, he had it wonderful with you and I hope he goes on for great things with Catherine.
default_aktion033.gif

Catherine - You got a great pony there!!!
default_yes.gif

I just now found this post... haven't been on the computer much since Clooney arrived!
new_multi.gif

Didn't know Lori was going to post pics of me and all my 'fatness' here, as well as on Facebook, or I would have had my dressage coach sit in the cart and pretend it was me!
wink.gif

Rest assured he is much loved and we are having great fun! We've been working on the conditioning track, the grass (previously known as the barn owner's lawn *g*) and prior to going down the road early next week we have been handwalking up hill and dale, past numerous large & loud dogs, all sorts of motor vehicles, deer, pheasants and six big horses ripsnorting behind one tiny strand of electric wire like maniacs! Clooney reacted to nothing, but we are now calling the big guys the 'Six Horses of the Apocalypse' around the barn!!

Both he and I have to get into shape - Clooney to build fitness and me... well, you saw the pics! After handwalking 4km, the owner needed to be cooled out!
blush.gif
And my arms, shoulders and chest are killing me!! But really, he is a great boy and all is good. Just yesterday we moved up into the big ring. A 20m X 60m sand arena, hardpacked for us as necessary - what a luxury! Working on rhythm and relaxation, lots of big ovals, diagonal change of rein, 20m circles, etc. Working trot down centreline not too straight as of yet *bg*, but we'll get there I'm sure!

Best in Canada? Not likely... But hopefully best in Pleasant Valley - population approximately 20 people, 10 horses and 100+ cattle!

Thanks again Lori!

new_multi.gif

Cathy

Back