I hate drama

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
I hate drama, and I don't handle stress well. As you all may remember, last summer (just about exactly a year ago) I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had the partial mastectomy and radiation treatment and have been on Tamoxifen since then. All was going well (I thought). Passed my first major hurdle, had a mammogram in July and they found nothing. So I'm thinking I've got four years left before I'm out of the woods. (If it's going to come back somewhere, it will be quick, in the first five years) Wednesday morning I get up and I'm bleeding. What?? I haven't had a period for two years. So I do my research and the drug I'm on to prevent the breast cancer from coming back can cause uterine cancer. The first sign of uterine cancer? Vaginal bleeding. Oh my. I've got an appointment with my OB/GYN on Friday. I'll be on pins and needles until then. I'm sorta freaking out. I thought I was done. I know I'm over reacting but I can't help it. I'm not ready to go thru this all over again. And I don't want to say anything to my kids because my daughter is getting married on Sept 20. I have no close friends up here (except hubby). It's hard to pretend everything is normal and do day to day things when I have this black cloud hanging over me.

Hopefully next week I'll be able to report that this is Mother Nature's last hurrah with me and not something of a more ominous nature. But I'm scared.

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all the worry and fear of this. It is only natural that this would cause concern after what you have already had to deal with. I will keep you in my prayers. Hopefully this was "Flo" just popping by for a visit. It happens sometimes after you think "she" had moved on. Seems when I am burdened as of lately I always return to the book of Psalms. Hope you don't mind me sharing, and may you be given the peace that passes understanding.

Psalm 9: 9-10

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in Your; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

Psalm 61: 1-2

Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer from the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Dixie, hope all will be okay for you. I failed my mammogram and have an appointment with a surgeon on Tues. I'm going through my day to day activities like everything will be okay. Hubby has health problems and my mom is 94. Keeping my fears to myself so not to burden everyone else. I will keep thinking these positive thoughts for you as well.

Both in my thoughts and prayers.

I also think that both of you should check into any support groups in your area. You'd be amazed at how that can make a difference - sometimes to talk about fear and burdens, sometimes to have a shoulder to actually cry on, someone to hand the tissue box over if you cry w/o the shoulder and someone who has been there. Please check into it - for your own relief... and later when you are able, you can then also provide some guidance and support -
default_smile.png

Best wishes Dixie. I know this is scary for you... My friends mom is going through uterine cancer right now... the one thing I do know is that this type of cancer is most often very treatable and is usually very localized. I just want to post this to you, because I know you are probably very scared right now. Hysterectomy is not a bad option if they suggest this... Also, it could just be that you are just having a last period... Very common for it to go away for awhile and then jump in out of the blue, even after you are over 50 years old. That happened to me several times after I thought I was totally in menopause. Your doctor can do a blood test to see if you are really in menopause for sure.

Tamoxifen is a great drug. It has saved many lives.

You are brave posting this on the forum... hang tough and best wishes. I hate waiting for results when already worried to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you are over reacting. After what you've been through reacting quickly in a situation like this is crucial. I hope and pray the Dr. gives you good news that will ease your mind. I'll be praying for a good update from you soon.

Philippians 4:6-7 … Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Dixie bell, my good thoughts are with you. Hope It's nothing bad. You too Lucky seven. I've never had a "last hurrah" but I did fail my last mammo. It just turned out to be a cyst. Scared me tho.

I'm so sorry but think positive thoughts. Let's hope for the best news ever.

Took me 10 days to get an appointment with my OB/GYN. They called this morning, bright and early, because the doctor was sick and would not be in the office today. You have got to be kidding me. At least I have an appointment for Monday afternoon. But now I've got to wait another several days to find out anything. And, of course, I'm still bleeding. Longest period....ever.

Thanks for the update I'm sure you are anxious for Monday. I had a hysterectomy back in 1981 and seriously the very best thing I ever had done, no more problems what so ever after that. They took my overies in 2010 because of cycts that were benign. Wishing you luck on Monday.

Back