I GOTTA BE THE PERSON.. THOUGHTS??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a bit of a better reading this afternoon. Shes been rolling a bit more it seems. Still picking at her morning hay and scratching her bum on absolutely everything!
Milk color looks like it has changed and is coming out much easier.
Her pH to me looks more like a 6.8. might be having a baby soon I'm thinking!
PXL_20220415_200642802.jpg
PXL_20220415_200826830.jpg

Looks like she’s testing 6.0! So yes, baby time any time now! If possible can you get a pic of her udder? Assuming you don’t have a foal by next check. That might help give an idea of time. But most mares foal within 12 hrs testing 6.0. Some do go longer but they are the minority.

I did get a udder photo when I got that test I should of posted it! I will be going out to check on her here soon.
Here is the photo of her udders from earlier:
PXL_20220417_022451249.jpg

Oh boy! That udder looks quite close. What is her milk like? Thickness, stickiness, color? Great example of an udders progression! I would guess not very long to wait. I think a really good chance for an Easter baby!

Her milk is a off white color not too thick but not too thin. Really shoots out easy with a slight touch on the teat.
I personally have not noticed much for stickiness but that could just be cause it's been quite chilly and I usually have ice pops for hands lol

Here is some more photos! Her name is Lily!
Unfortunately we are having to get a plasma transfusion for her :( she's going in for her second half of the treatment today. She is a real fighter, a real fire cracker so I'm sure she will be just fine!
What color does everyone think she may shed out to be? My aunt who is a real Palomino person is saying Palomino lol, My mom still thinks sorrel/Chestnut, I'm thinking possible bay. She is pretty dark and I'm sure she's only going to get darker in color as she sheds 🤔

PXL_20220418_233351915.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220418_020158913.jpg
PXL_20220418_164559509.jpg

Can we also talk about how big Lily is!! My goodness! Pearl really hid her. Shes not a maiden either she's had a couple foals in the past too! We all so thought she was gonna have a little tiny baby or hold out for another month or so. Pearl did come out of this a little thin. She really gave everything she had to her little one!

Lily is very cute and yes, huge! How big is dad? Poor Pearl, glad she'd already had a couple. I'm sure she'll enjoy all the extra food.
I think her nose will go darker but she's going to stay about that colour, just my guess 😁.
Good for you getting the plasma transfusion for her. I'm sure your vets told you everything and of course knows more about it than I do but I just have to say keep a really close eye on her for any signs of her going septic, even the tiniest thing get on it right away. I'm guessing it's because her IGg was low and not because you saw any problems? She looks active and good in the pictures.

Last edited:
Lily is very cute and yes, huge! How big is dad? Poor Pearl, glad she'd already had a couple. I'm sure she'll enjoy all the extra food.
I think her nose might go dark but she's going to stay about that colour, just my guess 😁.
Good for you getting the plasma transfusion for her. I'm sure your vets told you everything and of course knows more about it than I do but I just have to say keep a really close eye on her for any signs of her going septic, even the tiniest thing get on it right away. I'm guessing it's because her IGg was low and not because you saw any problems? She looks active and good in the pictures.

Yeah her IGg was pretty low. Her sire is actually smaller than Pearl by quite a few inches! I believe he is like 38 and Pearl is 41! Grandparents are on the smaller side too! Not sure where this big girl came from lol. Shes already getting little teeth too so I'm assuming Pearl must of really held onto her and let her cook up. Never got to know when her actual due date was. We may breed her next year so we will definitely be able to keep track of everything so much better next time!

Both Lily and Pearl are gorgeous!! Congratulations!!

Pearl looks black to me....so I would go with bay for Lily, but her mane doesn't look like it has any dark hair at all and all the pictures of bay foals I've seen the manes/tails do look darker....so?

Whatever color she is, she is adorable, and her markings are beautiful!

I did see a picture of a horse that looked black, and everyone thought he was black until his owner had him tested and he turned out to be chestnut o_O

Latest posts

Back