I got scammed, I'm so dumb

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Beware of soliciters from I GLO WORKSHOP out of Phoenix Arizona

They called me last year and explained they were vietnam vets selling tee shirts with an American Flag on them. I ordered one. Just tell me you are a Viet Nam vet and I'm at your service. So sure, I'll order your extremely over priced tee shirt and not think twice about it. After all, its a good cause. If I order something from them, its going to help keep them from being homeless and be able to continue medical treatment.

Last week they hit on me again. This time it was wind chimes. They were described so beautifully and I had a choice of butterflies or a cross. They were going to be so big and sound so sweet when I brought them to Michael's place at the cemetary so I ordered one of each. I'd put them on the shepherds hooks I had there with the hanging flower baskets. This would be beautiful and almost made to order since Michael loved butterflies and the sign of the cross. Besides, I get to help my buddies the Viet Nam vets again. Perfect.

OK so they are very pricey, but they are really gorgeous and jeweled too and so huge but Michael will love these and I love bringing new presents up there to him. I used my credit card and they arrived late todayl $129.23 cents later, this is what I received:

chimes.jpg

I wouldn't even pay $1.00 for this in the dollar store! Yes they are so tiny they fit right in my hand. Then came the other clue something was very odd when they called me eariler this morning right before I recieved them: The guy who took my order was very weird and just wanted me to know he got married and then told me some stupid joke that wasn't even funny. I'm thinking, this call is really odd. Then he wanted to confirm my street address. Strange again and he didn't even ask if I received my order.

I finally called my credit card company tonight and cancelled payment and I am sending this junk back.

My CC company told me they were on their fraud alert list. Oh for joy. They thought it best to cancel my card and send me a new one.

Becareful of these guys at "I GLO WORKSHOP"! They are not VietNam vets!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you aren't letting them get away with it, Marty! Some people will do anything to get your money.
default_no.gif

Dispute the claim through your credit card company- also when you send it back, keep your receipts that you sent it- your credit card company will need proof you sent the merchandise back.

Marty, this company is listed as a 'telemarketing' company- like the kind that sell the cleaning fluid that costs them $2.99 and are selling it for $99.99!!!

Latest posts

Back