I got my new Filly!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s an update about my new baby, She’s been doing fantastic! I’ve been working with her in general handling, halter breaking, and desensitizing. She catches onto things VERY quickly so I think she’ll make a fantastic show horse in the future! Today she got to run around in the arena with Jessica and watch us ground drive for the first time. She loved checking out all the tack and I even laid my saddle on her back and she could care less XD (of course I didn’t fasten anything). I absolutely LOVE her movement, it’s so different than the stock bred minis I’m used to! Of course Jessica is great at putting up with her sass and she really could care less about her.
View attachment 42520View attachment 42521View attachment 42522View attachment 42523
She is so beautiful! What fun you must be having.

Melody has been doing fantastic the past couple months! I’ve mostly been letting her grow and be a baby, but I’ve also been working with her on some basic showmanship skills! She now knows how to walk, trot, stop, turn, backup, side pass, haunch turn, 4 hand turn, and setup all with minimal cues. I’ve been giving her short little lessons here and there, and it’s been really working for her! I might try doing some online shows with her, but for now I’m super happy with how she’s coming along. Now we just continue to work on patience tied XD she’s also been awesome with obstacles and without any hesitation at all, she’s gonna make one hell of a trail horse!

I also clipped her about a month ago, and honestly she was the second best mini I’ve ever clipped next to Jess. She stood there patiently the whole time! I’m sure she appreciated it, she wasn’t shedding out the last of her baby fluff, and that just couldn’t do with the massive heatwave the PNW had a while ago 😵 it was up to 115! She actually looks like a bay now that she’s clipped though 😍
E81A4734-019C-4713-898B-3D121D564654.jpegBEA48540-7DB6-44A3-823F-077E63C47EDB.jpeg21A66B4F-23C0-48C1-B240-733DF7F9A6EB.jpeg0CC41E75-FA08-41C2-A85D-1BBB65DC45BA.jpeg320C787D-4DC9-4AB4-A6CF-D94F420073CD.jpeg

She’s beautiful and has a wonderful gentle look in her eyes! Congratulations on all of your progress with her!

I say that laughing a bit as I always think our horses figure they are training us! 🤣

Well done and thanks for the photos!

Here’s an update about my new baby, She’s been doing fantastic! I’ve been working with her in general handling, halter breaking, and desensitizing. She catches onto things VERY quickly so I think she’ll make a fantastic show horse in the future! Today she got to run around in the arena with Jessica and watch us ground drive for the first time. She loved checking out all the tack and I even laid my saddle on her back and she could care less XD (of course I didn’t fasten anything). I absolutely LOVE her movement, it’s so different than the stock bred minis I’m used to! Of course Jessica is great at putting up with her sass and she really could care less about her.
View attachment 42520View attachment 42521View attachment 42522View attachment 42523
She is so lucky to have a loving and supportive Mama like you seem to be. She’s adorable and looks very smart! What fun you will have together. 💕

Latest posts

Back