I got my new Filly!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stripe13

Reaction score
The day finally got here, I was able to get my filly today!!

My dad and I had a veeeerryyy long drive (12+ hours) but it was worth it. First we had to drop off one of my big horses I had just sold about 5ish hours away. From there we had to drive back down to where my filly was at and that took us around 3 hours to get there. Once we picked her up, we had to drive the long drive back home.

I couldn’t be happier though! She’s a super sweet smart filly who's pretty much a blank slate. I’ve been working with other’s minis for a while now and I’m glad to finally have my own baby again! She’s not completely halter broke yet but she handled her first trailer ride like a champ. She’s a bay (pretty sure she’s a seal bay) Tobiano filly that’s around 4 months old. She may also have the Overo gene since her dad has it, and she has some blue spots in her eyes. She’s currently registered with AMHA and AMHR, and I plan to register her in pinto as well soon! Melody is going to make one heck of a horse when she grows up <3

I will most likely be updating here with more information on her as I start to work with her more and get to know her. I can’t wait until she’s old enough to start showing in more serious events. <3 Eventually she will be my main overall show horse!
89F04C9C-31BE-44E7-942E-B8951354BC21.jpeg55FC3A96-AE93-48BB-B5DE-E3876A131CB9.jpeg1F24D8DA-9E5B-4172-BEA7-187335606175.jpegC4E5162D-0849-410F-B481-64878F85FE2E.jpeg1B42279A-C7CA-49B3-B869-0CF525E42AA5.jpeg

Look at that round rump! She 's nicely put together for a young one. You'll never tire of looking at her eyes. Peanut has blues spots in one eye and they are mesmerizing. I swear they change depending on the day.
And she has a perfect stripe :)

Cute! Keep us updated on the hardshipping - my new weanling filly is also a pinto and I was thinking of doing the same!

Decided to update on my Filly! She has been doing great!! I have started working with her with haltering and general handling, and she has picked up on that super quickly. She’s one smart cookie :)

she used to be very shy, but she definitely has come out of her shell. She’s the most cuddly and people loving horse I own!
D648CD7B-7623-4FAD-9862-89C66D0D8D0B.jpegE8D0DBC5-43C0-4D0C-9A84-3E96CE49EA3E.jpeg2E12331E-09C5-4CAB-82D0-83E5A669AB8E.jpeg16B1397B-D162-4169-B75A-AC449B062AF2.jpeg

The day finally got here, I was able to get my filly today!!

My dad and I had a veeeerryyy long drive (12+ hours) but it was worth it. First we had to drop off one of my big horses I had just sold about 5ish hours away. From there we had to drive back down to where my filly was at and that took us around 3 hours to get there. Once we picked her up, we had to drive the long drive back home.

I couldn’t be happier though! She’s a super sweet smart filly who's pretty much a blank slate. I’ve been working with other’s minis for a while now and I’m glad to finally have my own baby again! She’s not completely halter broke yet but she handled her first trailer ride like a champ. She’s a bay (pretty sure she’s a seal bay) Tobiano filly that’s around 4 months old. She may also have the Overo gene since her dad has it, and she has some blue spots in her eyes. She’s currently registered with AMHA and AMHR, and I plan to register her in pinto as well soon! Melody is going to make one heck of a horse when she grows up <3

I will most likely be updating here with more information on her as I start to work with her more and get to know her. I can’t wait until she’s old enough to start showing in more serious events. <3 Eventually she will be my main overall show horse!
View attachment 42099View attachment 42100View attachment 42101View attachment 42102View attachment 42103
Congratulation!!! So happy for you!

Here’s an update about my new baby, She’s been doing fantastic! I’ve been working with her in general handling, halter breaking, and desensitizing. She catches onto things VERY quickly so I think she’ll make a fantastic show horse in the future! Today she got to run around in the arena with Jessica and watch us ground drive for the first time. She loved checking out all the tack and I even laid my saddle on her back and she could care less XD (of course I didn’t fasten anything). I absolutely LOVE her movement, it’s so different than the stock bred minis I’m used to! Of course Jessica is great at putting up with her sass and she really could care less about her.
B3FC1FCA-E3F6-4C4C-BCE4-9E9BCEE56EA6.jpegDBA04BF4-0D3F-47B8-B27C-3398B226A52A.jpegC8B7C968-7BFA-49FF-A66D-B3AD65B6AD2F.jpegAA0DEA25-3689-4D6A-9058-1AB9950D5829.jpeg

More updates on Melody! She’s doing fantastic and has really come a long way with her desensitization. I have taken the phrase “a loud rider makes a quite horse” to heart XD I’ve been doing absolutely everything I can to possibly be scary, such as jumping around, yelling, doing jumping jacks, waving around trash bags like a crazy person and she’s all taken it in stride. I’ve even been able to clip her face and she could have really cared less! Now it’s just working on patients, so lots of tying and standing for her for now.

I’ve also been letting her hang out with Jess and they seem to really like each other! Jess will put her in her place if she’s being a rude baby, but that just makes sure she learns her manners around others :)

(please excuse my bad clip job, I did the best I could with her fidgeting because she was board)
68362105-3EAB-45C5-9356-CF91A69B2EFB.jpegD22EA7E9-964E-4B2E-BAAA-ED6AEC56641F.jpeg2A6909A3-4BEE-47F0-9A00-2BB6B1F0B826.jpegC71822CB-781B-4B25-A46F-6BFD40588483.jpeg

More updates on Melody! She’s doing fantastic and has really come a long way with her desensitization. I have taken the phrase “a loud rider makes a quite horse” to heart XD I’ve been doing absolutely everything I can to possibly be scary, such as jumping around, yelling, doing jumping jacks, waving around trash bags like a crazy person and she’s all taken it in stride. I’ve even been able to clip her face and she could have really cared less! Now it’s just working on patients, so lots of tying and standing for her for now.

I’ve also been letting her hang out with Jess and they seem to really like each other! Jess will put her in her place if she’s being a rude baby, but that just makes sure she learns her manners around others :)

(please excuse my bad clip job, I did the best I could with her fidgeting because she was board)
View attachment 43023View attachment 43024View attachment 43025View attachment 43026
She is adorable!

Latest posts

Back