I feel so happy and proud right now...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby-Chicken

Reaction score
I just wanted to say,,, that after 8 years I have hope. I have hope that possibly we may have a positive future for my kids to work for. And not just a chance for many more years of war that will try to draft them into.

The speech he gave was very special to me. Anyone else feel like I do?

Absolutely!!!!

How great it would be to have a thoughtful, well-spoken, literate president! (Even if some considerate that elitist...)

...and on Martin Luther King's birthday! This indeed gives me hope.

I did have to giggle at the stiff, white folks trying to dance and sing with Stevie Wonder...(and yes, I'm one of those stiff, white folks who can't dance or sing).

[SIZE=12pt]The speech was incredible. I was incredibly moved. Do I agree with it all? Nope (most, but not all), but he is an incredible man that I believe, and hope and pray, will be a strong, thoughtful and compassionate leader for this country. We are SO ready for change, a change towards hope, humanity, strength and the respect we have been lacking so long in the world community.[/SIZE]

I am not an Obama fan (though I am certainly not into McCain either!) but I have to say --that was a VERY moving and inspiring speech. If not for a few very key things, even I might could stand behind him.

I didn't catch the speech, but did he know how many states we have this time?
default_wink.png

Incredibly moving. If I was a U.S. citizen he'd have my vote. I hope and pray he gets in office. For the sake of the U.S., Canada, and the world.

Stephanie, to hear Obama tell it, it took him 15 months to visit 57 States and he had one left to go. He'd have liked to have visited Alaska and Hawaii as well, but his staff wouldn't justify it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched it as well and I also, if I were American, would be voting for this individual!!! I certainly hope that America sees that this individual is the one to lead them out of their woes. It's time for the U.S. to once again become the respected leader in this world.
default_smile.png

Can we watch the speech on the internet somewhere? I'm non functioning after 9 p.m.

I did have to giggle at the stiff, white folks trying to dance and sing with Stevie Wonder...(and yes, I'm one of those stiff, white folks who can't dance or sing).

Well Susanne you ain't seen me moonwalk yet.............I was born in motown

not to mention what dancin Dan can do
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif

OK Marty, now you're definitely coming to the Beach Drive! We need some great entertainment.

I think the state number think was just a slip of the tongue (funny since he is known as such a good speaker but I suppose everyone slips up now and then). I think he meant 47. He said he still has one to go, that would make 48. Then he is not going to Alaska and Hawaii, so that would make 50. (Note: I am not an Obama fan but thought I would defend him anyhow. Perhaps some of you who make fun of Bush would like to start on Obama now?)

Yes, Jayne, I'm sure it was something along those lines. Rehearsed speeches suit Obama's ability a lot better than having to talk off the top of his head.

Yes,, George Bush is know for his wonderfully intelligent public speaking,,, and his prisoner torture and his helping his buddies in the old field make LOTS of money,,, and lets see,,, taking away people civil rights, and sending troops to die when he made up the reason. And letting people lie there and for DAYS and drowned in Katrina,,,, and making sure that not everyone is treated with respect and the same rights. Anything else... I will have to think. I have more.

I will take a man that wants to try and help people who will learn as he goes... ( old GW did wonderfully with his experience) to someone who has made the world hate us and a whole lot of americans too.

Yes,, George Bush is know for his wonderfully intelligent public speaking,,, and his prisoner torture and his helping his buddies in the old field make LOTS of money,,, and lets see,,, taking away people civil rights, and sending troops to die when he made up the reason. And letting people lie there and for DAYS and drowned in Katrina,,,, and making sure that not everyone is treated with respect and the same rights. Anything else... I will have to think. I have more.

I will take a man that wants to try and help people who will learn as he goes... ( old GW did wonderfully with his experience) to someone who has made the world hate us and a whole lot of americans too.
I, uh, you know, Bush... oh, you already said that, uh...Well shoot! You pretty much said my two cents worth! Darn I forgot about the taxes, now I am broke again!
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back