I discovered the secret formula!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefall

Reaction score
Ok every body, this is for your eyes only. I will have my book coming out soon so please be watching for it.

Its the most fantastic discovery ever!
default_laugh.png

Its very important that the conditions be just right, bags must be tight or loose depending on the mare. Must be near or way past the due date, (this is better). You must be very tired, this is important as the mares can sense this part. The main thing is, the weather has to be bad, the worst so far, windy, cold, rainy or even snow will work too. However, only the mare will know just when that is since the weather can change at almost any moment. It's also a good thing to complain to every one how the mare won't foal, this will help the mare feel like she is doing a good job. Make sure she knows you are also on public forums complaining too, this will boost her confidence for that hard labor ahead.

Combine all these specific conditions and maybe a few more and WHAM there is your foal.

I used this formula and here are the two that I was blessed with, finally, the pinto is an ASPC/AMHR filly and the black is a ASPC/AMHR colt.

By the way, my pictures suck!

012-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Congratulations on your foals.
default_smile.png

When the weather is bad and your mare is close, you can quarantee that the mare will foal. I always watch for the barometric pressure to drop, then if a mare is due,(and her bags look ready) I expect that she will foal that night, and they usually do.

No no no. The secret is to "give up" and say, "eh, she won't foal tonight" and walk away.

Firefall, all of your comments sound exactly like us right now waiting on our last mare to foal. She is at 338 days, has had a full udder and swelled out in the back for at least a week and no foal yet!

They are predicting thunderstorms, possible high winds and light hail tonight in our area......so maybe we will get our long awaited foal. LOL

Steph

Last edited by a moderator:
Or, this worked for me on the last foal. Go out of town and leave the mare in the hands of a foaling newbie! that's always a fun midnight phone call. My next mare due is a maiden....thinking of leaving my husband at home while I go to a show!
default_torch.gif
Evil yes but productive!

Beautiful babies by the way!

Yeap you are right, I think your book would be a best seller
default_laugh.png

Congratulations on both your gorgeous foals!
default_wub.png

It really helps when you go to a horse show. Mare is only half-bagged so you tell hubby to keep an eye on her "but I don't think she'll foal this weekend"! Then for sure you'll get the 1am phone call "we have a baby!"

Well maybe this secret formula will work for me tonight: Sahara has a pretty full hot bag, long and relaxed vulva, milk is testing 90% and it is supposed to be rainy-windy and damp all day and night!!!!
default_pray.gif
default_giveup.gif

default_laugh.png
I think I fit into that and more. our maiden mare is at 346 days. We have had rain for a week now
default_wacko.png
NADA...Nothing. The last foal came late and during the ice storm where we were without power for three days
default_no.gif

Congratulations. I think that you forgot to add that you must find ways to not be looking
default_wink.png
, that there are errands to run and she won't foal while I am gone and the best is " I am so tired and she does not look ready, I am just going to turn everything off and take a nap. (dangerous thought).
default_nono.gif

'

Lori, you cracked me up!!

Congrats on those 2, glad they are finally here!

No no no. The secret is to "give up" and say, "eh, she won't foal tonight" and walk away.
Perfect! lol!

Firefall your post is so funny and true sad to say and your new foals are adorable. Congratulations.

Hilarious...I can't wait to get your book. You have it exactly right and now we don't have to wonder anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Several years ago I read an article in a Paint Horse Journal about the drop in barometric pressure and a ranch's foaling. They swore by this method.

We are on 343 days here on a mare, and so far more than half of our mares have gone past their 340 due dates this year
default_gaah.gif

You have to hope you have an awesome foal when you get this far over dates. And that you will be awake for it.

Lori, you forgot to add that the surest way to not have a foal that night is to sleep in your clothes. They know, and wait until you are just getting out of a shower after a long day at the ranch, so that you can try and put on clothes when you are wet!

Latest posts

Back