I did IT..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniluck

Reaction score
hello again.. well I bought another mini last night.. I have been looking at him for over a month.. but I do have a question he is 7 months old.. he was born black with a little white on his face.. then when i first seen him he was a redish black. and now he is more grey white and black.. I know his mom is a appaloosa ( mostly black with some white on her butt) I dont know what his dad is.. what color do you think he will be.. he has one brown eye and one blue eye..my goal is to teach him how to drive.. thanks for the help and letting me share him..Darcy

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm171/l...wi/100_1466.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm171/l...wi/100_1468.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm171/l...wi/100_1472.jpg

PS not the best pics I will get better ones when I can take him outside when its not raining.. thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Darcy --

He is adorable!!! Looking at him, I think he may be turning grey (white). It's one of my favorite color and he is a cutie!!! Congratulations on him!!!

Jill

100_1466.jpg

100_1468.jpg

100_1472.jpg

he could be graying or he could be a varnish appy.

thanks guys.. one more question why are his hoofs black and white?? I thought I might have heard that comes from the appaloosa but I'm not sure..

He's an appy. They just change colors a lot!! Congrats though, he's a cutie!

Here's my guy. Wouldn't think he was the same horse.
default_laugh.png
These pics are from him as a weanling and then as a 3 year old. He changes every year. And their hooves are just part of their breed.

chasebaby1.jpg

chase016.jpg

He's an appy. They just change colors a lot!! Congrats though, he's a cutie!
Here's my guy. Wouldn't think he was the same horse.
default_laugh.png
These pics are from him as a weanling and then as a 3 year old. He changes every year. And their hooves are just part of their breed.

chasebaby1.jpg

chase016.jpg

Hi Keri..your appy is beautiful.. thanks for letting me know about the hooves..
default_smile.png

He is a beautiful color. I see some spots which is pretty exciting. I lovev his color . But it is hard to say where an appy will end up color wise. My appy at 11 years still changes a bit every year. Regardless congrats on your beautiful new baby. he is gorgeous color.

Hi

He is really cute. I think he is appy too and yes they do change colors a lot. I had a pintoloosa mare that her really pretty pinto/appy spots/color in the winter and in the summer was nearly white, then she would change back again.

Keep us posted on his color/looks. Can you find out if his sire is gray? They do have a new test now to see if your horse is carrying the gray gene, you could have him tested?

Congrats.............

B

Hi
He is really cute. I think he is appy too and yes they do change colors a lot. I had a pintoloosa mare that her really pretty pinto/appy spots/color in the winter and in the summer was nearly white, then she would change back again.

Keep us posted on his color/looks. Can you find out if his sire is gray? They do have a new test now to see if your horse is carrying the gray gene, you could have him tested?

Congrats.............

B

hello..thank you for the reply they have no clue who the dad is.. the man I bought him from got his mom from a guy that bought her at a sale must have been shortly after she was bred.. so do you have to know what both parents are to get them tested?? and this might sound stupid but does he have to be reg to be tested?? I have never done it before. I had never heard of testing before until i started reading the posts on here.. and I will keep you guys updated on him.. it is unreal how fast you can fall in love with them..

Latest posts

Back