I desperately need ideas for sick cat

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dyne is a high calorie liquid you can syringe, also helps to stimulate the appetite. Nutri-Cal is great too!!!

Good luck - nothing worse than a sick fur kid!

Taz seems to be getting back to normal. He is eating and drinking now, and he's becoming more vocal (he's my alarm clock when the sun comes up). He isn't back to playing yet, but I haven't noticed anymore vomiting since Wednesday. I also haven't noticed him getting in and out of the cat box, but he may be doing that when I'm not around. With three cats, it's hard to tell which one is doing what. I'm keeping a watchful eye on his personality, because that's always the first thing that gives how they're feeling away.

PHEW!!!

I'd been scared to check back. What you described about picking him up but then he had no appetite reminded me of something we went through about 20 years ago with one of my heart cats, Jebb. I like cats, but have only really felt a bond to a few the way I do with my dogs, and Jebb was one.

I am really happy your boy is doing good now!!! With cats, they can be so Stoic and a lot of times by the time they act sick -- they are VERY sick. While some of our dogs will act like they might die of a broken toenail!
default_biggrin.png

So happy for the good news!!!

So glad to hear, it is heartbreaking when we realize that we may be faced with euthanizing a young animal if they are failing to thrive. So happy to hear the news.

Latest posts

Back