I could use all your help, I know someone knows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
I have been debating over this for over a month. But have decided you guys are the right ones to help, plus realized I have the power to say no, so the debate is over.

I hope you will continue to read, because you may know the RIGHT person.

We have this itty bitty colt, Opie, He was born at 16" and is now up to 23" at 4 months. I do not have enough space on this forum to tell you how incredibly special this guy is. He makes me laugh EVERY time I am out at the barn. He has a special sense about him I have never seen in another horse at such a young age. He plays rough with older people, but knows when the person is a child, when another horse here is not feeling good, Opie entertains them, or just stands or lies with them awhile. The vet was over to pull coggins on 2 horses, Opie stood with both of them while having it done. The vet asked me if Opie thought he was dad or something. He is the self appointed caregiver for Prints, and has been for months. He would stand with her forever, only leaving to run to mom for a few minutes to get some lunch. It is the most amazing thing to watch him.
wub.gif
Plus, Opie LOVES LOVES LOVES his people!! My 7 year old grandson who is Autistic, tells me the things Opie says to him. That grandson has another horse here.

Opie has been up for sale, but have tried to stay away from most ways to sell. Because I think there is a special job out there for Opie. And now that you have read his story, do you know what that job is????

Actually, Opie had been sold. Part of a Make A Wish here in Indiana, but things changed with the child, so he is still with us.

I am sure there are tons of things out there that I have no idea about, but you would know in your community. Make a Wish, Camp For Special Kids, A Child with a huge dream to own a horse and could use some help, 4-H person, What else? When reading Opies story did someone, someplace come to mind?

Very very much the right place, right person is what is important. I will do anything to make sure the RIGHT PERSON happens.

Opie is a gorgous little guy. Could be shown. I can lower price and not register him, he has to be gelded if not, can help with transport.

I sure hope this is left here. No, I do not think it should be on the saleboard, I trust the registered members here, and that is why it is posted here.

I know everybody thinks there is something special about one of their horses, but you can ask those who have been to my house, including Sandy S.

Opie just has it.

Now do you know the person who needs it, and I mean, "needs it".

I'm thinking there are going to be wonderful holidays ahead for someone if we can make this happen.

PM, Email, or post here.

Person or someone living with, needs to have knowledge on horses. and would like for it to be ok to post the results with a story for other members to see. Thanks for your help.

opie11.jpg

opieprints.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Caroline, I wish I were closer, had some money cuz he is special. Too bad he couldn't be gelded and stay with Prints. They're such great friends. I'llpray the right home finds him for you all. How is that sweet Prints doing anyways?

If I had Opie I know exactly where he would be going. Hearts&Hooves in Texas with Veronique Matthews.She is truly remarkable and does all kinds of work with Minis and dwarf Minis.I have donated 3 to her.Chester who is a dwarf,Frosty who has an eating disorder&Creta(in foal when she left here)These horses are in many cases housebroken.They go to hospice and lie in bed with dying people who are to sick to get out.They go to Ronald McDonald house and anyplace they are asked.Veronique has spent many hours with displaced hurricane victims .The program is all volunteer and donations.I flew to Texas from Delaware to see just what the program was all about.Sometimes it is not about the money-it is doing what is right for the animal.I am a firm believer that good deeds come back to you many times over in ways you can't even imagine. Opie sounds like a real special little guy.I hope the right home comes along for him.

With a name like Opie, hmmm the only place for him is North Carolina. And I mean the good people in North Carolina, ya know there are some of us left
yes.gif
Heck, Andy's living here now, come on home Opie
aktion033.gif
Got lots of folks you could meet, old and young, and is that red that I see in your picture I think I'm in love
wub.gif

I agree hearts and hooves. There is also one in Sandisfield, MA. I think thats how you spell it. If you go onto the hearts and hoove web site you can get to the one in MA from there. If I had more room I would take him for my parents and their foster kids.

Christy

It sounds as if he should be with special needs people as others have said. I donated one to Camp Courageous of Iowa and they just love him .

Scout had all of the qualites your Opie has. You'd be amazed at how fast he fits right in.
aktion033.gif

Are you donating him to a great cause or very special person or are you selling him to a great cause or special person.? There are so many children who have special needs that could benefit from such a special little guy.
yes.gif

Why not try personal ponies to donate him to or even maybe a different hmm for lack of a better word chapter or area for Make a Wish??

I sure appreciate your responses, was not aware of many of the places you mentioned.

We are looking at ALL options for him!

Regular sale, donation to, non registered, registered, depending on.

I would love to see him with his own special person. But are looking into all. I can see from the web sites I have looked at so far, these are wonderful places.

Why are you giving him away or selling him?

From what I have read you have a very special grandson who has already connected with Opie. You say he already has a horse there, is he as connected with it as it seems to appear in your post he is with Opie?

Sorry I don't mean to step on any toes and I know there are alot of good programs that would benefit from a special horse like Opie, but I just had to question WHY.

I really wish I had a place and way to keep a horse now- I know what I'd be doing with Opie. He'd be visiting nursing homes and such with me! ... And just help me stay sane, beyond that.

I hope you find his "place" soon - good luck. He sounds like quite the amazing little guy
wub.gif

What about Jungle John Safari, who does classroom visits, and the main barn is over by Golden Royal on Southeastern Avenue in Indianapolis???

This place has everything from an aligator to llamas, and everything is spotless. I have taken my class to their facility, and they bring animals to the Indiana School for the Blind each year. They have a summer camp during the summer. and also do birthday parties. It would be a great way to advertise your farm also, as I am sure lots of people would ask where this special horse came from.

Check it out at

http://www.sillysafaris.com

Let me know what you think!

Pam

Sounds to me like Opie already has that special place and job where he is. Sometimes the best answer is too close to see.

Good luck

we sold a colt just like opie and im so sorry i did. would give anything to have him back. I would definately geld him first and register him. Im kinda confused on why you wouldnt register him? I have sold 2 geldings this year and just helped a friend sell her colt on a gelding contract yesterday. There is a big demand around here for kid friendly geldings.

Frankie,

Why don't you have Bonnie ask Opie what he wants to do and where he wants to live?

Pam

Hmmmm, isn't it funny how things work out, trying to make a decision and other events, unrelated actually make the decision for you? An even that could take place as early as tomorrow..

And it was probably the way it was suppose to be anyway? And someone says something that makes more sense than you could put in your head in the first place?

Just a thought.
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back