I clipped my yearling, I was happy what I found

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJMM6

Reaction score
Well we are waiting for our first foal to arrive. :lol:
default_wub.png
: All of the girls got bred late. some had 2 breeding dates.
default_wacko.png
:

But I think all 5 mares are going to foal.

Anyway I clipped my yearling that we kept from my 06 foal crop. I wanted some nice pictures for my website. This is the 1st year we aren't showing :eek: & gee wiz, I know she would be a winner;

she is a blue roan pinto. Any who;;;AMHR CJMM Painted Majestic Goddess

Her bloodlines ;;Stouts Mister Pride, Stouts Mona Lisa. Stouts Sir George, Van't Huttnest

Moss Grove Silken Maiden, Twin Acres Peter Dunn, Ohio's Black Gold,Moss Grove Cupid
e9af066d.jpg

Goddess & our son Yuri

e9af061e.jpg

Why DON'T you show her???? Just once? I certainly would, if she were mine!

MA

She's very pretty, it'd be fun to show her, your son looks like he's shown before, has he? When are your first Styles foals due?

What a beautiful mare
default_wub.png
: She looks so mature for a yearling she would be sure to show well
default_yes.gif
: I love your second picture! Joyce

Thanks everyone.
default_rolleyes.gif
: I was sure pleased with what I found in her. Goddess will make a great broodmare to breed to our stallion Styles. Our son showed for the 1st time last year. He is a natural. Our neighbor girl, Hopi

also is a natural Mini horse handler.

I decided early in the year I wasn't showing this year.
default_wacko.png
: There are several reasons;;My mares are all

due late this year, some had a hard time catching. :eek: Foals will be arriveing in late May & June & July. Our winter was pretty bad in Feb. & March so I didn't get much conditioning done. And, I am very sad
default_sad.png
when I have to twitch or lipshank the babies to do their ears. :no:

I get very upset at hurting them. I've tried tranqlizers & they don't work. I am very close to my babies & they all love me & trust me. I guess I'm a wuss. This is the 1st year I haven't shown in 7 years
default_sad.png

Our foals always mature fast. I guess it is the vitamins & the sweet feed we feed. When our foals are 4 months old they look like yearlings.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I have to agree with the others -- that gorgeous filly really should be shown, even if only once!

Have you tried a quiet battery-powered clipper for their ears? I also found clicker-training to help a great deal.

Either way, she is a beautiful girl.

Yes Susanne, I tried a quiet type of clippers. Nothing works. My babies are so good for their body & leg

clipping but when it comes to ears they go crazy. :no:

All of you people make me feel so proud of my little girl.
default_wub.png
: Thank you. cjmm

Latest posts

Back