I can't understand WHY anyone would vote...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LisaF.

I will say I would be called an " Independent" - So, I vote for who I think will do the best job as our President. Ok - I do catch myself voting almost always republican - but, the last two years with the economy, etc. I have been very disappointed in Bush. I did vote for him both times, I will be honest about that.

Even thought no one could get me to vote for Obama. Like I have said in several post - I have many reasons for my decision on why I would NEVER vote for Obama.

I have seen some people hold up for Obama all the way - So, my question is WHY?

I am sure I have missed some post - but, I have yet to see one person explain why they would support and vote for Obama.

Please no flames - I am just curious to WHY you would support him.

Why will I most likely vote for Obama? Because he stands more for my values than anyone else. I used to like McCain, really did, he talked and acted differently a few years back. But then he started to think about running for Pres and he changed, typical political bs.

Obama. If you listen to what HE says and not what people say, he says, they are 2 different things. He talks of change, at times he talks of HOW he will change things. Of course he as well does some typical politician things and doesnt go into detail. I wish he would. He believes , as much as possible without commiting political suicide, that Welfare is a handup, not hand out. He believes in global climate change and is willing to stand up to special interests and deal with it, and not go for the short haul fixes. He believes in a womans right to choose. He believes in gay rights. He believes in federal health care and with the way business people are now ( I get paid 7 figures, but I will get health care and YOU cant) we will need it. I will never be a straight ticket Democrat, Republican or other, as I feel political partys as they have morphed into are a joke. But I do lean more Democrat, at the same time I will vote for Republicans, and have.

I will probably vote for him instead of McCain because I do not like what Bush has done and so far, McCain believes more in what Bush did and I dont think our country can afford 4/8 more years of Bush beliefs.

I won't vote for Obama because all he talks about is all the programs he is going to invest in...INVEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!with OUR tax dollars !!!!!!!!!!!!! Not mine...not my vote. NOTHING in life is free but he wants to give everything for free and pay for it with the hard earned taxes of the already over taxed lower and upper middle class.

He gives me hope that there is a chance that this country can be respected again. Other countries don't fear us, they despise us for killing and torturing people. Obama is a family man that has not cheated on his wife (as far as we know).He wants to get people out and volunteering to get this country strong. He respects people and doesn't run them down if he doesn't agree with them. He wants to try and get health care for people that need it. I have health care, but so many don't. Especially elderly people that deserve our help and respect. And he wants to help find a way for our kids to get an education so that they don't feel like they can never achieve anything. It is nice that someone of color is getting a chance to be president. He seems to respect all americans. Not hold himself up like he is better than they are for whatever reason.

One thing that he would never do is say something like "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran", like killing innocent people, ( theirs and ours) is a joking matter. We as Americans know how horrible ONE incident on 9/11 will effect us forever, think of the ones that have no control and have to live with that everyday.

I think he is so far away from the people in office now and the ones that want to be, I gives me hope.

Thanks for the honest answers.

I have to admit - where did all the Obama supporters go?

To me, McCain seems like Bush all over again and I am reeeaaallly tired of Bush and his foreign policies(war in Iraq). Maybe with Obama, we can have a new start and get the country going in the right direction. Maybe...

I can speak only for myself and my answer is these threads are getting quite tiresome. No one is going to change minds in fact all that seems to be happening is the banter going back and forth is just further cementing everyones ideas.

I personally feel some have been rather insulting and many just are choosing to not participate in a disscussion that will just re hash the exact same things being said on many other threads already on this forum.

I can speak only for myself and my answer is these threads are getting quite tiresome. No one is going to change minds in fact all that seems to be happening is the banter going back and forth is just further cementing everyones ideas.

I personally feel some have been rather insulting and many just are choosing to not participate in a disscussion that will just re hash the exact same things being said on many other threads already on this forum.

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

I've chosen to remain mostly quiet in the political debates here because I have better things to do than be bashed repeatedly for voicing my opinons :::shrug::: I'm sure that comment will get bashed too
default_unsure.png

I am an Obama/Biden supporter and just like the bumper sticker on my car says "While we breathe, we will hope. Barack Obama 2008" I believe that this country is far greater than what it has become under the Bush administration, that good people can affect change FOR good, that while we are proud Americans, no matter our party affiliations, but that we are also a part of the world community and cannot continue to operate as if our ways have to be the ways of every country and culture... and most especially, that a good man can be elected President. I don't talk much about it because I've done it and been slammed, over and over and over by people attacking my candidate. I admire John McCain's service to this country, I just don't want him as my President.

OH, I completely understand if someone does NOT want to discuss how they feel about Politics.

I am talking about the McCain/Palin thread - There was a lot of people that was attacking McCain/Palin and saying they were for Obama. Those are the ones I was wanting to hear from. They seemed to feel so strongly why Obama is the best for USA - I just haven't heard a good reason to WHY he would be best for our Country.

I'm not for Obama that's for sure. One of my favorite lines of his was this

"We live in the greatest country in the world. Join me in trying to change that"
default_wacko.png
default_rolleyes.gif

I have the hope I can change opinions. Barack goes into chapters of detail on his ideas and goals in his second book. All the bits you hear in his speeches are gone into. The information is there. You can't discuss such in sound bites. He even discusses this. =-) I support Barack's ideas and am taken in with his spirit and attitude. I truly believe he desires to set this country on the right road for everyone. If folks really want to know his ideas and such read his book and learn about him. Find out what Barack thinks and not "things" you hear. Get it from him. ,

chico

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite lines of his was this"We live in the greatest country in the world. Join me in trying to change that"
Except that - he did not say that, minimule. It is just one of those myths that became fact along the way. Here it is on snopes.com... a respected non-partisan website that addresses urban legends of all kinds....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/change.asp

And on factcheck.org - also non-partisan...

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_...o_help_him.html

It did not even originate with Obama - but on a blog - as a snarky comment.

This Obama supporter had a gay wedding to go to today
default_wub.png
, so I'm just checking in before bed. I'm going to take the lazy route and copy/paste part of an answer I gave someone else.

I'm voting for Obama because his beliefs and policies are in line with my own. I am pro-choice, as is Obama. McCain and Palin both are pro-life, and would like to see Roe vs. Wade overturned. I can't imagine having an abortion myself, but it's not an option I want to take away from other women.

I believe Obama will get us out of this war in a quick but sensible way, and focus on finding our true enemies instead of trying to maintain peace in a region that's been at war longer than America has been America.

I believe that Obama will take steps to improve our economy without taxing us to death. Studies over the last 60 years have shown the economy always does better under a Democratic president.

I believe that Obama will shift our country into a better direction-one where a strong military exists but is not our top priority. Instead we will focus on education and healthcare for our citizens, which is what we NEED to continue to be a strong, thriving nation. And really...if all you have is a country of uneducated, ignorant, unhealthy people, what kind of military will you end up with?

Is Obama perfect? No. No candidate in the history of ever has been perfect (except maybe Washington, who was six feet tall and made of radiation, among other things). But I've been increasingly concerned with America's future, and I think Obama is the best man for the job.

I recommend you check out both candidate's websites, but I'd also like to refer you to http://www.factcheck.org/ which is probably the closest thing to unbiased information as you're going to find.

Studies over the last 60 years have shown the economy always does better under a Democratic president.
Ok, so I did a google search and found several sites that agree with you there. I don't vote by my wallet so it doesn't really sway me. I'm not wealthy (for an American anyhow) so that is not why I usually vote Republican. I will be "poor" regardless of who the president is. Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone who has studied this has also correlated it all with other events happening at the time such as wars, natural disaster, etc. In other words, have they really tried to see if the statistics are true because of who the president was or if they are true because of something entirely different? Were those researchers just trying to make Dems look better or did they really dig to the bottom to see what the causes were of those up and down times economically for our country? I really have a hard time believing that one man is responsible for our entire economy. What about the fact that Congress is controlled by Dems? What about the fact that the approval rating for that Democratic Congress has been extremely low? I know at one point it was lower than for Bush, not sure about now. Has anyone correlated the state of the economy with who was in charge in Congress? That would be an interesting study also.

Sorry to hijack the pro-Obama thread but I am curious to know about this since it is one of the reasons people give for voting for him.

I'm not sure if those studies had taken things such as social climate, natural disasters, etc into consideration. It seems like a pretty simple and obvious thing for them to do, though, so I'd hope so. I can double check my info over the next few days and see what I find for you.

My wallet isn't my most important voting issue, but I want an economy that most everyone can afford to live in. I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination, neither am I on any government assistance. I have food and a roof over my head and ponies. All my needs are covered. Not everyone's in such a good position, though.

I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more posts...when the thread "Why would someone be republican" came up, many had lots to say...McCain supporters gave their reasons, Obama supporters debated every reason that Republicans/McCain supporters gave. So, from that thread I learned why Obama supporters do not like McCain and/or Republicans.....they made that clear, but I have yet to hear much on "Why" you DO like Obama other than the couple that have posted on this thread. So, is the reason you vote for Obama, simply because you don't like McCain? What are the reasons that Obama appeals to you...other than the fact McCain does not...

I honestly dont know at this point who I will vote for. I do know it WILL NOT be McCain.

I cant vote for somebody who thinks I am less of a person then the dirt on the bottom of their shoes.

Barack Hussein Obama just does not sound American as apple pie to me.

I just don't trust this whole thing. It smells way too fishy to me.

His name sounds just as American as McCain to me. We are all imports, unless your family was here pre-1400
default_rolleyes.gif
. A person cannot do anything about their name, they just have to rise above it if need be. Hubbys family is German/Austrian and more than one is named Adolf ( of course, only those born before 1935). A name is a name and only gains power by how people decide to view it.

Marty, I am right there with you! Barack scares the heck out of me! Sheila

Latest posts

Back