I can't understand WHY anyone would vote...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neither candidate..
default_laugh.png
just the facts..

What you don't like old guys?
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
going for the hunks? huh?

Marnie, what you posted about McCains voting record is Not the truth, may I ask where you got that? No bashing from me just shocked that you thought this was actually the truth. :DOH!

Marnie, what you posted about McCains voting record is Not the truth, may I ask where you got that? No bashing from me just shocked that you thought this was actually the truth
I believe it came from Obama's "official" site....go figure!!!!

With obama in I have a better chance as being seen as a person. Not some sick or mentally ill person. I will have a better chance of seeing my marriage being real. Seen what marriage is really based on, love, not man and women. I have a better chance of seening my family getting equal treatment, seeing and knowing that should something happen to the mother of my child, he/she will be safe with me and not pulled away because he/she was made the wrong way and I am not blood.

With him women get a better chance of being treated equal, getting their own say of what happens to there body, there own choice what to do. Not being over powered by somebody who does not know the situation.

With Obama, I can stand up and have hope that someday all the hate that is direct towards myself and other gay people will slowly go away. I can have hope that I will be welcome in society, churches and not get the looks and comments on how sick I look.

With Obama I have hope that I can possibly be equal to every other "straight" couple out there.

I don't understand why people call names..never will..SAD
default_no.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some one once asked me what would it take for me to vote for a Democrat . Knowing the politic corruption on both sides I said If a Politician opened up records to the public WHILE they where in office I.E. How they spend are tax money. Then That same Politician needs to loose the frills I.E. Limos ,Chefs, All the first class BS that they get when elected into office .People forget Politicians work for US .And hardly deserve to live like Kings and Queens on are hard earned tax money! Nancy Pelosi (D) earmarked a 25 Million dollar gift to her husband !!!One of many of her earmarks stealing tax payer money so she can have her lavish life style! Palin is the ONLY Governor who opened up the State spending on the Internet she got rid of the frills like Chefs and fancy cars. She removed property taxes giving that money back to the tax payer. If Sara Palin was a Democrat I would vote for her ! Thank God she is a Republican! Democrats are doing every thing they can to discredit her but end up making fools of them self's . Every shot Obama fires at Palin Drops his poll ratings . That is what happens when your whole campaign is based on words like change but NO track record to back it up!

With obama in I have a better chance as being seen as a person. Not some sick or mentally ill person. I will have a better chance of seeing my marriage being real. Seen what marriage is really based on, love, not man and women. I have a better chance of seening my family getting equal treatment, seeing and knowing that should something happen to the mother of my child, he/she will be safe with me and not pulled away because he/she was made the wrong way and I am not blood.
With him women get a better chance of being treated equal, getting their own say of what happens to there body, there own choice what to do. Not being over powered by somebody who does not know the situation.

With Obama, I can stand up and have hope that someday all the hate that is direct towards myself and other gay people will slowly go away. I can have hope that I will be welcome in society, churches and not get the looks and comments on how sick I look.

With Obama I have hope that I can possibly be equal to every other "straight" couple out there.
Ashley, I don't know if you read my other respnse to you. There are so many threads these days and don't know which one it was.

The following is from the "Log Cabin Republicans" web page:

http://online.logcabin.org/

(Minneapolis, MN)— Log Cabin Republicans today announced its endorsement of Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) for President of the United States. Log Cabin’s national board of directors voted 12-2 to endorse the Republican nominees for President and Vice President. Log Cabin announced the decision at its “Big Tent Event” during the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis.

“On the most important issue that LGBT Americans faced in the last decade—the federal marriage amendment—Sen. John McCain stood with us. Now we stand with him,” said Log Cabin Republicans President Patrick Sammon. “Sen. McCain is an inclusive Republican who is focusing the GOP on unifying core principles that appeal to independent voters.”

“Sen. McCain showed courage by bucking his own party’s leadership and the president—twice voting against the amendment. He gave an impassioned speech on the Senate floor, calling the amendment ‘antithetical in every way to the core philosophy of Republicans.’ He paid a political price for his vote,” said Sammon.

“Log Cabin Republicans is a grassroots organization and our membership overwhelmingly supports endorsing Sen. McCain,” said Log Cabin Board Chairman Pete Kingma. “Our board and staff members have spent recent months getting input and feedback from our members. The consensus among our members is strongly in favor of an endorsement because of his inclusive record. Our members also support him because he’s a maverick; a trait most recently on display with his decision to select Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.”

“In recent years, too many Republican politicians have used divisive social issues in an effort to win elections. Sen. McCain is a different kind of Republican. He understands the GOP lost its majority in Congress in 2006 largely because the Party focused on divisive social issues. Sen. McCain knows the politics of fear and division will damage our Party and our nation so he’s focusing the GOP on unifying core principles such as limited government, fiscal responsibility, and a strong national defense,” said Sammon. Read the rest of the news release.

Lilsteppers your post is interesting. Did you know that Obama, McCain and Biden have all made available their taxe returns for the public to see? Do a search online. Palin has not and hopefully she will to give full disclosure and transparency, like the others have.

She brings a strong anti-abortion stance to the ticket and opposes gay marriage -- constitutionally banned in Alaska before her time -- but exercised a veto that essentially granted benefits to gay state employees and their partners.

I just wish people would go by facts and not rhetoric or myths... and yet I see people referring to such things as if they were fact.

For instance... it is not true that Obama disrespected the troops in Afghanistan.... you can check that out here on snopes.com ...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/afghanistan.asp

And also on factcheck.org...

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_...fghanistan.html

BTW..you made me laugh..you took the truth of oBAMAS WEBSITE
McCain's website is not going to give you the 100% truth about Obama, either. It works both ways.

For instance, http://www.factcheck.org/ is a good place to check out a lot of this election campaign circus stuff - from each campaign's less than truthful commercials to what who said when. They are non-partisan and everyone comes under the same scrutiny...

It is refreshing to have a website that exposes the spin that both parties use... and it is a bit of an eye-opener as well...
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You can NOT tell the "quality" of a person by their sex, color of skin, age, religion or name for goodness sake! You need to learn the quality of their soul by their thoughts and actions. Barack has always showed his integrity by his actions, words and deeds. I'm not being grumpy to all. =-) I don't know how to move their post over.) You do say much about yours though by your silly comment.

Why I'm for Barack in a nut shell:

1. The last eight years have been a sad joke.

2. I want to get out of a war we never should have been in. It was based on lies and thousands of folks loved ones have been hurt or killed for no reason. Our goal should have been going to Iran and attacking the folks involved in 911.

3. I'm pro-education. Barack really wants to focus on teachers and quality education. I've heard nothing from McCain.

4. Health care. Barack wants quality health care for the people. Health care not sick care. Health care should be for all and not determined by insurance companies. Doctor and paitent supervised.

5. Pro-choice for women. I'm not an advocate for abortion but responsible choice. I'm for a women and her doctor making the final choice always. Would you really want not to have the choice in the case of rape, incest or potential risk for the mother? Really? McCain wants to change this. I want to choose how many children. McCain voted against insurance paid birth control.

6. I want my world respected. The world belongs to animals and future generations too. Barack wants to protect our environment.

7. I want equal rights for all. Not just folks who share my ideas. Gay people should get equal rights as me. I know a gay gentleman who couldn't even visit his sick partner in the hospital without a written note signed by his loved one. They had been partners for 10 years!

8. Barack is lowering taxes for everyone making under $250,000 a year. Taxes pay for street repair, libraries, fire stations, etc. Taxes run this country.

9. Barack is for equal pay and rights for everyone.

10. Barack believes in self reliance BUT he believes that in this country we help people when they need it.

11. Barack believes in jobs being created in this country. Companies will be rewarded by tax breaks if they do.

12. Barack believes his presidency is a stepping stone in what this country can and should be.

13. Barack believes in compromise to accomplish things. He wants to actually make things happen.

14. Barack is a uniter. Our country is broken and needs to be repaired and united.

McCain and Palin have been running on untruths and little planning of the future for our government. I hear lines but no facts on what they plan. Mostly just attacking Barack. Why? In my opinion it's because they can't.

chico

Chico,

I don't know if you were talking to me or someone else - but, NO ONES comment is SILLY in my oppinion.

I don't care if they are for Obama or McCain

factcheck.org is an EXCELLENT nonpartisan website to check out.

Voting records-you can use VoteSmart: http://www.votesmart.org/index.htm

On The Issues is another great nonpartisan website I've been researching lately: http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

If you're on the fence about who to vote for they have a short, simple quiz you can take. It's not the be-all, end-all of political opinion, but it might give those of you who are undecided/unsure a nudge in the right direction for you: http://www.speakout.com/VoteMatch/senate2006.asp?quiz=2008

Excellent post Chico. I was at the doctors last week and we were discussing the price of a certain procedure and even she sat their and just shook her head and said something has got to be done about our countrys health care. I believe too that something needs to be done

I have to admit I don't like his name, it's an odd name for given our recent past but it didn't take me long to realize that he can't help what name his momma gave him. (If he had changed it, people would jump on that in a heart beat)

Last night he said that he would be raising taxes on the top 5 % of Americans only (aren't they the ones that usually get the big tax breaks, maybe this would be a good thing??) --- I think it was O Reiley he was interviewing with ---

I have gone over and over your post and I think it is just perfect, I agree all the way, every thing you said, I just didn't have the ability to list it so matter of factly, honest and to the point. Thank you.

I have been reading on Fact Finder and these other sites that are listed and it makes me realize that Barack is definately the one that I will vote for (unless something comes up in the debates) and pray he makes it, hopefully he can put our country on the road of being back together. It'll be a tough job for who ever gets in, I don't even know if it can be done, certainly not in just a few yrs.

Barack Obama did at one time go by the name of Brian Seotoro. He went to college in Indonesia under that name. I can find the item if need be but I am sure everyone already knew this. Just a reminder that he did go by another name at one time.
default_smile.png

Chico that is excellent!!!! Those are the reasons that I want Obama in office. Not to stay in a war that was started with untruths for possibly another 100 years.

Especially help educating our children. Our school systems are really set up for failure. We shouldn't have to beg for levy money to keep our schools going every few years.

Ok - I am not bragging here - just stating a FACT

My father in law is a WEALTHY man. He stays up on Politics more than any person I know. I can not ask him, he has such a temper that if I even questioned why he is voting for Obama - I would get a cussing out and be told I was stupid for having to ask. He is NOT that way in everything - but, he IS that way when it comes to Politics and a few other things.

If Obama is not helping the rich - then why would my father in law be voting for him? With my father in law. money comes first. Maybe that is why I will never be wealthy.

I realize this is just one thing to a campaign, but something that I would like to ask him if I could.

I am hoping someone else can help me understand.

Basset - I did not know that so thank you for posting.

littlesteppers - I did not watch that last night so thank you for posting the link. I will be watching it !

Last edited:
Barack Obama did at one time go by the name of Brian Seotoro. He went to college in Indonesia under that name. I can find the item if need be but I am sure everyone already knew this. Just a reminder that he did go by another name at one time.
Bassett - I looked it up... and he was only 6... not a college student. He was registered under the name of his step-father. And after 4 years there his mom sent him back to Hawaii... this excerpt is from USA Today...

Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961 to a white mother and a black father who had met in Russian class at the University of Hawaii. He was an island boy most of his first 18 years, a pudgy kid called Barry who lived in a modest apartment with his grandparents.
His father, also named Barack Obama, was a scholarship student from Kenya. His mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, was an 18-year-old from Kansas who went on to become an anthropologist and helped set up loans for poor people to start businesses in Indonesia.

Their marriage didn't last long. When Barry was 6, he moved to Indonesia, the homeland of his stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, another university student his mother met in Hawaii. Obama was 9 when his half-sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng, was born. She now teaches history in a private girls high school in Honolulu.

Obama's mother sent him back to the islands after four years in Indonesia to live with her parents, Stanley and Madelyn Dunham. His grandfather was a furniture salesman and his grandmother was Bank of Hawaii's first female bank vice president.
I know some bloggers have been repeating the college student sotry - but I doubt that a 6 year old had any say in what name he was registered for school under...

Related item at factcheck.org...

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_obama.html

Lowriseminis - thank you for thel link- I will take a look.

I do want to make it clear it is my father IN LAW - not being rude - just didn't want anyone to think that me and my dad had a relationship like that. I can talk to my dad about almost anything - he may not always agree...lol. I am thankful that I have a close family.

I think a lot of my father in law - he just has some temper issues. It is kind of his way or no way if you know what I mean.

Latest posts

Back