I Can't Stop Crying

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie,

I am so sorry for your loss. No matter what kind of fencing we use, they will always find a way to hurt themselves. I have had horses hit and flip over high tension wire, get their legs caught in the wire fencing or their heads stuck in the cattle panels. If you try board fencing, you need 4 board and still, little ones can get out.

We all do the best we can, but we can not foresee what they can do.

My heart goes out to you.

I'm so sorry. She was a beauty.

We had a stallion catch a foreleg between two gates and was hanging upside down, it was iffy for a while but he made it.

Oh Julie, I am in tears too. I am so sorry to hear of this tragic loss....may God heal your heart when the time is right.
no.gif

Oh my goodness! I am very new on here...don't even have a mini yet....but this is breaking my heart ... I am sooo sorry .
default_sad.png

I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
It's always hard to lose one of your animals but when it's one of the special ones it just breaks your heart. It makes me crazy when I see horses in makeshift yards with barb wire and all kinds of other hazards...and they do fine. We try and make everything as safe as possible and they still find ways to hurt themselves.
default_sad.png
I know this loss is especially painful for you but time will dampen it and one day another "special" one will find a spot in your heart. {{{HUGS}}}

I am so sorry....just know you did what you could for her and were the best horsey mom you could be . Accidents happen with any kind of fence....I know she was so special to you...sending hugs and prayers your way....

So sorry for your loss. She was loved her whole life and I am sure she knew that. May God bless you with better days ahead.

Angie

oh julie my heart goes out to you , I am so sorry , she was such a beauty

Julie I am so sorry to hear of your loss ! My heart aches for you ......no matter how well we plan , accidents happen .....Ann

Julie I am so sorry to hear of your loss ! My heart aches for you ......no matter how well we plan , accidents happen .....Ann

omg I am so sorry!You got me in tears thinking about it all and how horrible that had to be for you

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. I have had a rough day. I have photos of her leg, I just can't even imagine that a fence panel could do something like this. I wanted to see her leg without tears and panic... It is so hard to think of her in such pain. But it was clear to me this morning when I looked again that I made the right choice in putting her down. Actually, there really was no choice. I know God has a plan... doesn't mean I have to like it right now
default_no.gif

My hope is that I will be given some beautiful foals this year to enjoy. Praying for a smooth, safe foaling season for all.

Hug your little horses... you never know what tomorrow will bring.

so very sorry for this great loss. She was so beatifull. No wonder you had high hopes for her. Big big hug.

Julie, I am so very sorry, and I also know your heartache. I lost my big horse 2yo filly the same way, with a compound fracture from getting her leg caught between a gate and fence post. It happened on Christmas day four years ago. Thank you for sharing your story even though it hurts! You may save a life! My beautiful girl was such a sweet quiet girl, never put a hoof wrong. I had lent her to a friend as a weaning buddy. Somehow she was playing over the gate, and got her leg over the gate. Those rounded edges from the tube gates are like actual traps, the way they curve down. I have hot wire in front of every one now. Big hugs to you! And sending prayers to help you to cope with your horrible loss.
default_crybaby.gif

Oh Julie, my heart is breaking for you
default_crybaby.gif
I have tears in my eyes thinking of all the things you have been going through here lately.

I hope things will get better. I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl
default_no.gif
May the Good Lord wrap you in his arms and help you find comfort.

Sending warm healing thoughts your way,

Your friend

Joy

Back