I Can't Stop Crying

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie/Azariah

Reaction score
I can't stop crying. I went out to feed this evening and everything looked "odd" up in the shelter where several mares and fillies are turned out.

I had used some of the mini gate panels in the paddock, the kind that are like round pen panels and a "pin" secures the panels top and bottom by sliding into the receptor piece on the next panel.

I found my little pride and joy 2 yo filly hanging by her hind leg, apparently she had tried to jump it???? because she was on the "other side". Her hind leg was caught in the space between the fence panels. These panels are made for miniature horses. I try to do everything safe and carefully. But sometimes even with all of our good intentions .... bad things happen.

She was laying with an obvious compound fracture of her hind leg. I could not free her, so ran to the house, called the vet and we headed back up.

My husband pounded and pounded the pin but it was wedged. We got several more people there to help, but it took several men to dislodge the fence panels.

We got her out and she stayed quiet and down until the vet came.

The vet said there was no hope. The best thing would be to put her down. Her fracture was compound through both sides. I held her until she was gone.

Azariahs Z Meadowind Willow was beautiful, elegant and correct with such a lovely tiny head with big soft eyes. She was going to be my 2013 driving prospect.

She was the 2011 PA State 4 H Champion Yearling Filly. She showed her heart out!!!!

From the time she was born I was in love with her. Even in her first days, she loved people and would come to us wanting attention, there was never a fear of people... just loving curiosity. She was going to stay here to be a little lady for my handsome boys... I had high hopes of her foals in the show ring.

I kept her in hopes of keeping her daddy's lines in my herd. I sold him last summer.

Please pray for me.... I have lost several of my dear horses in the past, but this one has me upside down and inside out....

I cannot stop crying.

Willowcropped1291.jpg

IMG_5801.jpg

Julie, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I cannot begin to imagine how you must feel. She was a beauty, that is for sure.

default_no.gif
Oh Julie, I am so deeply sorry to hear this unbelievable news. You did everything right and we cannot help when these things happen. Again, I am soooo sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your minis....
default_pray.gif

OMG Julie!! I'm SO SORRY!!!!!!
default_crybaby.gif

She was beautiful! What a horrible thing to happen to your precious girl.

If I could bring her back for you, I would. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Julie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss
default_no.gif
She was a beautiful filly, I will keep you in my thoughts.

Dan.

Julie my heart breaks for you reading this. Wish there were words to make it better.

My stallion did the EXACT same thing about a year ago. It took 5 of us to get him free. The ONLY reason he lived was because I just happened to look out the window the second he did it. And I was lucky so many of us were home when it happened.

If there is a freaky way for a horse to get hurt they will find it!

I am thinking it happens more often than I thought it did.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kay

Julie,

We are so very sorry for you lost your little girl!
default_sad.png

Bill & Wanalynn

I am so very sorry to hear this horrible news. My heart goes out to you. What a beautiful and precious filly!

Julie-

My heart goes out to you. What a horrible experience, but like Kay said, if there is a way for them to get hurt, they can find it, even when you think everything is safe. Please read the bottom of my signature.... I do feel your pain.

Julie~I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what your going through right now. I will be praying for you and your family. I just can't imagine how it feels to lose a mini, she is so precious! *Hugs*

I am so sorry to hear this. It is always so tragic and so hard to understand when we try our best to make the safest environment for our horses that we love so dearly. I had a similar thing happen with a yearling colt - he got his head caught and I think I found him just in time. I was lucky - he survived even though the vets told me that his prognosis was very poor.

My heart goes out to you as you try to deal with the loss of this pretty mare.

Julie I am so sorry to hear this news. It seems like so many times we try to do things right and they end up horribly wrong. I swear some can have a laberinth of death traps set up, horrid conditions, and lack of common sense and yet their horses always seem to come out unscathed. It just doesn't seem fair
default_sad.png

I'm so very sorry for your loss - sending ((((HUGS)))) and my sincere sympathy.

Latest posts

Back