I can't find womens size work gloves!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
I have been looking for womens size waterproof, insulated and warm winter work gloves.

I can't seem to find any except for mens sizes and they are too big.

Where do you get you gloves. I am tired of having soggy frozen hands!

Thanks!

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the brown jersey gloves that they sell in tractor supply and alot of other stores

they keep my hands warm enough in the winter and cool enough in the summer

and they double as face warmers if they are dry you can cover your mouth and nose and give a nice warm puff of breath to warm hands and face

They are not water proof nor do they seem as though they would be warm

but I always have an extra pair in my pocket if they get too wet

They are my 3 season gloves

they are usually a little too big for me so they get caught in stall latches now and then

but cheep enough to throw away when you mess them up too bad

Let me know if you ever find any! i have petite hands( i can wear a childs size) and i haven't found anything that is both waterproof and insulated. I actually have a basic youth pair of ski gloves right now, their okay as long as it's not bitterly cold and they will fend off a bit of water but not waterproof.

I also have a pair of these for the 'warmer' days

SSG

Try your local tack store!! When I lived in MI I could only find good ones at our tack store!!
default_biggrin.png

I just buy a few pairs of decent lined leather riding/driving gloves. My favorites say "thinsulate" on the label. I switch out when they get wet. They have good grip and it does take quite a while before the wet sinks in. I don't care if they get wet, and crispy and yucky looking, they soften up every time I put them back on when they dry. They are tough, I have had these for several years.. They feel great and most importantly I can grip my stuff with them and my hands are warm even when the outside of the glove is wet. Bought several pairs at the tack shop, did find some cheaper at walmart. I have carpal tunnel and when I wear work gloves my fingers get sore and tired because the work gloves don't grip well for shoveling etc and the snow gloves are too thick to feel anything. I keep one nice pair clean for driving my car, the rest are my working gloves. Can't have too many decent pairs of gloves around, especially this winter. We are socked in with a blizzard today and I have two wet pairs drying on chair knobs in my kitchen and one still dry pair for when I go out to check on the horses.

PS. In summer I use those thin knit gloves that are coated in Nitrile. Look like they were dipped in rubber or something like that. They aren't warm enough for winter for me.

Best wishes.
default_saludando.gif

I have small hands too and always have to hunt for work gloves that fit. I have several pair I've been swapping out as they get wet, but just got some I think from Dover (Dover does have the best glove selection - a whole page of winter gloves!) that are awesome. They are Heritage Extreme Winter Gloves not totally waterproof but water resistant and warm, and have a fairly good grip. Also cover your wrists and tuck nicely inside your coat sleeves, no more hay in the gloves LOL. My hands get really cold, these are the best I've found for warmth short of ski gloves.

Jan

I have gone into the children's work gloves. Where my hands are smaller I buy the large in the children's.They seem to work quit well. They will have just the leather work or insulated one's. Pretty much any farm store will or should have them.

Latest posts

Back