I can't believe they're gone........

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am beyond shocked. What a terrible freak thing to have happened. I am so sorry, so very very sorry about all the animals and mostly about how traumatized your friend must be. Hold her close. She really needs you more than ever.

I'm so sorry for your friend. Must of been horrifying. I didn't know there are killer bees in TX

She is in north Texas, near Ft Worth. We have them in our area too and there have been attacks over the last few years near us.

Kristen's little gelding Chip was originally one of my babies, a very special little horse, and I am grieving along with her for his loss. Thankful though that she survived the attack - there have been a number of fatalities in our area, usually from someone upsetting a swarm with a mower or by cutting brush.

RIP Chip and Trump...

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even imagine the heart break she is going through..I lost my heart horse in 1980 and I still cry thinking about her..Prayers going up..We have a merciful God and I am sure that He is with her..

This is just so horrifying. You are a true friend, and I know your actions and your support mean the world to her.

Thaks Robin. What a horrific attack.

Prayers continuing for her.
default_pray.gif

That is so scarey! I know there have been killer bees here in AZ, and I think now that any bees will be fair game. I just cannot imagine how terrifying this had to have been.

Horrific thing to go through for your friend. My heart breaks for her at the loss of her Chip and Trump, so sad. I am sure she will need her family and friends at this time and for months to come. I can not begin to imagine what she must be going through........... She will be in my prayers

Praying for your friend that she can find some peace and comfort through this tragedy!! Thank you for being a great friend to her!!

I like everyone else dont know what to say in this tragedy. But had to say something. My heart and prayers go out to you and your friend, and those she loves.

I think that is one of the worst things I have read about, Im so sorry your friend has to go through this. Its just awful.

OMG! That is awful. Prayers will be said in her name as well as her beloved animals.

I'm so very sorry for your friend's losses, as well as having had such what was no doubt a terrifying experience.

Despite this tragedy, luckily it is an incident that is extremely rare, and it's very important to remember not to treat bees in general as the enemy - they are vitally important to our food chain and are alreay in seriously declining numbers.

My dad kept bees for many years, and I would help him harvest the honey. He kept and bred a gentle domestic variety. I helped him for 20+ years and was never stung.

I will never forget the time some Africanized bees, much larger than our own, attacked the hive we kept at home. My mother and I watched from a window as the "killer bees" drove our bees out of their hive and killed them all. They left our hive empty and moved on.

I'm SO very sorry your friend and her horses encountered an aggressive variety of likely non-domestic bees. I cannot imagine how frightening that must have been, and my heart goes out to her over the loss of her beloved horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry this tragedy happened to your friends, it's a nightmare story.

I'll say a special prayer for healing peace for all. God bless you for taking her horse to a better place, you are a good friend.

Latest posts

Back