I bought one of my mares back to prevent her from going to BAD AUCTION

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
I just bought one of my babies back to prevent her from going to a bad local auction.

This pinto mare is now coming 7 years old, and after she was sold,was just trained to drive but needs a lot more practice and time( I won't be able to give her that)

I feel fortunate that I was notified that she was being taken to a sale the next day. My husband was upset also and told me that we should hitch up the trailer and go get her. He said let's go get her.

I didn't have any money to buy her with except a nominal down payment, and the owner has graciously allowed me to pay her whenever I can sell her or when I get the money together.

Now my question for you.....

Should I sell a really inexpensive mare( I am only going to ask what I bought her back for at auction price) with papers in hand and signed transfer forms from this last owner? Or should I just go ahead, take more pictures and spend the money to transfer her back into my name?

Iwould have been sick to think what might have happened to her.

Thanks,

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I'm sorry that happened!! Give Carmen a big hug for me!
default_wub.png

I'm glad they let you get her back instead of going to a sale. As to your question, if I were a buyer, I'd rather buy her from you (IE: your signature on the paperwork) Maybe you can transfer her to your name and add the transfer fees to her price? (or not)

Good luck Sis! {{{Hugs}}}

I think in all of my dealings in the past with many breeds that the proper way to do it would be to transfer to your name and the purchase would be from you... unless, you would be acting as "agent" for the owner and have the signed transfers in hand to transfer to the new owner.

Either way...I am right with you... I have purchased horses back that were going to go to auctions, not because I needed or wanted another horse, but to insure that the horse got to a loving home. I sure hope that a new owner for this mare will be sent your way soon and that all of the transitions go smoothly for you and your mare.

I love to hear when folks take responsibility for their little horses futures.

Way to go Robin!!!!

I think in all of my dealings in the past with many breeds that the proper way to do it would be to transfer to your name and the purchase would be from you... unless, you would be acting as "agent" for the owner and have the signed transfers in hand to transfer to the new owner.

Either way...I am right with you... I have purchased horses back that were going to go to auctions, not because I needed or wanted another horse, but to insure that the horse got to a loving home. I sure hope that a new owner for this mare will be sent your way soon and that all of the transitions go smoothly for you and your mare.

I love to hear when folks take responsibility for their little horses futures.

Way to go Robin!!!!
Good for you Robin,I have bought back many horses that were born here on my farm.I feel responsible for them since I am responsible for their being born.It didn't always suit my wallet, but I can sleep at night knowing I did the best for the animal.I even bought back 2 young mares(half sisters who had never been separated) that were almost starved after they left here.They were later bought by a lady in West Chester PA for use as therapy animals and have an excellent life and make lots of kids very happy.The right person will come along for your little one.I always transfer the papers back to my name and go from there.Good luck and keep us posted.

So sorry this has happened Robin, but very lucky for your little mare! Really hope you can find her a 'forever' home very soon - I think that if you can, you should transfer her papers into your name, keep things straightforward?

Anna

Thank you. I will take pics and transfer her into my name. Money is tight and its just another added expense but will do.

Robin

Latest posts

Back