I am still shaking

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peggy --

Glad it worked out the way it did -- cant wait to see pictures... Congrats!!!

Thank you all so very much!

Baby just had his vet check up and all is well with him. His one leg seems a bit sore but he is otherwise doing good. We did get his IgG tested, as mare just doesn't have a huge bag and I sure don't want to take any chances, and he is great with that, too! I am so relieved. Momma mare has a small tear on her cervix but is otherwise doing very well! She lost her baby last year so this one is super special for her. She is being a great mommy.

Now, one interesting thing my vet told me is that when a foal is pushed back 'in' to reposition, it is important to have the timing right (which certainly makes sense) because if you reposition/push a foal back in when the mare is contracting, the uterus can 'explode' or burst (that is what I think she said). Does this sound like something anyone else has ever heard about?

Thank you again! I will post pics as soon as I get a nice outdoor shot and it is raining here today.

Michele @ RJR---CONGRATS to you, too!!!
default_aktion033.gif
What a day!
default_biggrin.png

Peggy

Edited: Oh, we also measured canon bone and it was 6 1/2 " so he most likely will be a small fry
default_smile.png
Don't have a height on him yet- we are letting momma and baby bond and relax, as they have had a big day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the baby!!! Great thinking and reations on your part. Glad everything came out well. Can't wait to see pics.

Latest posts

Back