I am so proud to be an Amercian!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby-Chicken

Reaction score
I hope that Barack can do as much good as he wants. But like I said,,, he can never be as horrible as Bush was. I am happy.

But like I said,,, he can never be as horrible as Bush was.

I HOPE THAT's a FAct!!
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I so hope he proves us all wrong that doubted him .. I am proud our country has bridged the color issue but hope we werent right for all of our sakes...

True. I hope it turns out well for ALL OF US. I know how horrible I felt when Bush won once, and then again. I felt terrible. I am sorry some are hurt now. I just feel such happiness!

I've watched McCains speech tonight, he was very gracious, I liked it when he asked his audience to please come together now and support Obama. I just so believe now that we have to be one to be strong and I have so much hope and happiness for Obama. I watched Obama's speech, it does give me hope and I just feel in my gut that he is so sincere and will do as much as he can to be a wonderful leader. I also think it'll be fun to watch the little girls grow up in the white house, I liked it when he said she deserves the puppy she'll get. I think the best man won, Amen, now we can breath easier and God Bless America!

Yup -- on top of the great job Obama will do, I look forward to watching Sasha and Melia grow up and to watch another white house dog...as I've said before, as much as I strongly disliked Bush, I've always loved Barney and all white house dogs.

I think they should get a Westie...

I truly believe that Obama deserves a chance to lead this country.He has many challenges with this country needing a lot of help. I think he is sincere in wanting to make some badly needed changes but it will be a uphill battle. We live in the best country in the world and for this to happen shows just how great we are. The man is sensible and very bright and can take us to new heights if we give our support.

I'm scared sick. The US will become just like Europe, all of our uniqueness and oppertunity gone. The next four years will see the ruin of this country.

Obama will:

start the Department of Peace which will oversee every gov agency and every aspect of your life.

Start the Civilian Defense Force which is a large, well funded and as powerful as our military.

Reinstate the Fairness Doctrine.

Create a government agency in charge of all volunteer work in this country, coordinate it, make sure our children do 14 weeks of forced volunteer work.

I'm sure others will add to the list.

I'm scared sick. The US will become just like Europe, all of our uniqueness and oppertunity gone. The next four years will see the ruin of this country.

You need to print that out and hang it on your wall. Actually, everyone that posted negative Obama things and statements such as the above, need to print them out and save them. Lets see how many actually do happen and how many were just scare tactics.

Obama has a HUGE hole to dig this country out of, thanks to Bush and his policies. I hope Obama can bridge all our gaps and I hope that the vehemence that McCain/Palin brought to the election doesnt spoil over. It is hard to 'reach across the aisle' when the other side has been bashed left and right.

Create a government agency in charge of all volunteer work in this country, coordinate it, make sure our children do 14 weeks of forced volunteer work.

and that would be a bad thing?

Wasn't that if they wanted help with college money? I think kids should work anyway and this sounds like a good thing. So many people are letting their kids grow up to be spoiled brats and give them anything they want. I see nothing wrong with this plan. I admire our new president to be, I think we are watched be the whole world and I am proud of him.

Obama received my vote and family's votes as well.. I have to say that for a long time during the prelims I was definitely torn, there were/are issues with both that had me worried, but over time I began to see and feel that Obama would be the better choice to lead our country.. We NEED change, we can't keep going in the slide that we are, and I truly feel, and hope that he can bring us that change we need.. It's going to be a long, uphill battle for ALL of us, one person can not do it alone, we are ALL going to need to stand beside him to make that climb..

The way I look at this all is America is based on taking risks and chances, where would we be today if Christopher Columbus hadn't taken that chance to explore the world, where would we be if our forefathers hadn't taken the risks of breaking free from the British, where we would WOMEN be today if our fore-sisters hadn't taken the risk to speak out, look at the risks MLK Jr. took, Abraham Lincoln took, and the list goes on.. America, IMO, needed this win, not only to prove that we are well on our way of overcoming the racism in this country, but to prove that we can change and it's time too, and we MUST do it together.. I couldn't help but get teary eyed watching the videos and seeing the pictures of THOUSANDS of people celebrating, and not seeing black/white, old/young, men/women, but seeing excitement, inspiration, faith and hope, four things that we were beginning to lose and needed desperately restored, and I feel he has done that.. He didn't just 'win', but he won by a landslide, and I think that speaks loudly in itself..

It took us at least 8 years to get us where we are today
default_sad.png
, so unfortunately I do feel it will take more than the 4 years of Obama as President to get us back on the right track, but I do feel that he will be able to help get us all back on our feet and in the right direction for improvement.. Will be anxiously awaiting to hear his announcements on his choices for House staff and Cabinet..

So here's to making history and looking to the future!

Wasn't that if they wanted help with college money? I think kids should work anyway and this sounds like a good thing. So many people are letting their kids grow up to be spoiled brats and give them anything they want. I see nothing wrong with this plan.

I see nothing wrong with it either. Hand UP not hand OUT works both ways. You want Gov $$ be it for college or welfare, EARN it.

I agree with Marnie. I see nothing worng with it. I have been doing volunteer work for almost a year now, hasnt killed me yet.

That said when I was in high school you had to do so many hours of community service, it was part of our graduation requirements.

You need to print that out and hang it on your wall. Actually, everyone that posted negative Obama things and statements such as the above, need to print them out and save them. Lets see how many actually do happen and how many were just scare tactics.

Obama has a HUGE hole to dig this country out of, thanks to Bush and his policies. I hope Obama can bridge all our gaps and I hope that the vehemence that McCain/Palin brought to the election doesnt spoil over. It is hard to 'reach across the aisle' when the other side has been bashed left and right.
It was the basis of his campaign... he's either a failure or a lier if they DON'T come true. I'm not against HIM, I'm against his ideas. American people voted for him because of false promises, not what people here are saying (myself included). People like the woman who was crying because Obama will pay her morgage and her fuel.

It was the basis of his campaign... he's either a failure or a lier if they DON'T come true. I'm not against HIM, I'm against his ideas. American people voted for him because of false promises, not what people here are saying (myself included). People like the woman who was crying because Obama will pay her morgage and her fuel.
So true Nathan...

Problem is, many many of his supporters are saying they don't care if he comes through on his promises or not, as long as he got elected....doesn't make much sense to me. I'm hoping that many of his promises do not happen.

Latest posts

Back