I am so happy I found this forum..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsedreamer

Reaction score
saludando.gif
Hi everyone my name is Amanda and I have been looking for a great mini horse forum for a while now and am so glad I found you guys
aktion033.gif
. I don't have any minis at the time but plan on getting one very soon. I have done lots of research on them and have owned big horses before but never minis. I have lots of questions and am looking forward to getting to know everyone and all your beautiful horses. The first question I would like to ask is how much can a mini pull? And the next is how much feed should I feed when I get him/her?

Thanks everyone,

Amanda
488.gif

Welcome!

One of the best features of this forum is the SEARCH.

I use it all the time. You will find answers to all your questions.

saludando.gif
Hi Amanda! Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to hear all about your first Mini when you buy one and of course we want pictures too! LOL
laugh.gif

Welcome to the forum
biggrin.gif
! As people have already mentioned you can use the search button to find answers to lots of questions, or of course you can just ask! I'm not sure the weight that minis can pull but I've really only seen pictures or heard of them pulling one adult (so whatever that weight is), but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. With the feed, most likely the person that sells you your mini will tell you what kind and the amount of food they are currently feeding. However, most, if not all, feed bags tell you how much to feed based on weight. Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures when you get your mini!

Welcome from Southern Oregon! I don't know if anyone has told you yet but mini's are very addictive. Like potato chips you can't have just one!
yes.gif

Hi Amanda,

Wisconsin welcomes you to a wonderful forum and a great place to learn, pretty good people too. Glad you found us!
yes.gif

How much can they pull ? Kind of like how high is high? We have a team of 32 1/2 inch minis that we drive in various wagons, buggies and carts. I watch the animals rather than the weight load. We have had four adults in the wagon and gone seven miles on a nice cool evening along good hard packed dirt roads and never worked them into a lather. By the same token I have had one of these boys hooked and it was all he could do to pull the equivelent of his own weight on soft footing. I have heard a number of people saying three times their own weight aor as much as four times their own weight. It depends on the horse (conditioning) the load and the terrain. Oh yes and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum from the Bluegrass state of Kentucky. Lots to read here, so you will be busy for awhile.

Hello and welcome to the forum Amanda! You will love it here and make lots of friends and learn lots. My suggestion is that when you read some thing that you want to use for future mini use - COPY AND SAVE!! I am knew to minis too - even though I have been "on the forum" for close to a year now, I think. I met a wonderful gal last year - and not because I was looking to purchase a mini. ( Whats a mini?! )
wacko.gif
( I met her because I was looking for an african grey parrot at the time. ) Oh - these intros can get long!!! Any way, Corinne is the best and I have learned tons from her. But I am not about to tell you what to do - I am still learning my self.
wub.gif
Good luck to you!
aktion033.gif

Thanks for the great welcome everyone! I am going this weekend to look at a mini gelding that is in the local paper. He is 5 yrs old and trained to pull and comes with a cart for $750.00. I talked to the owner and he said he is black and he bought him year ago for his wife that is afraid of big horses thinking she would like him but she is afaid of small horses to and he just doesn't have time to spend with him because he has big horses he rides. I can't wait to met him!

Sedeh,

As for them being like potatoe chips I total agree with that. I haven't even got my first one yet and am already thinking about getting a second one. LOL
biggrin.gif

Amanda

Back