I am Shocked,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since John isn't going to post anymore, I hope this thread can be closed. I hate to see it go where only one side (those opposed) are vocal. I sure don't know enough about IAMHA to say much, but I am still really mystified as to why so many are upset. It sounds like it aims to give us more chances to show and the increase the visibility / public knowledge of our breed.

I keep thinking... OH CRAP! For those of you that have been in minis long enough to remember when the original association split, this happened before. If some of you wonder why some horses are exclusively AMHR, or AMHA... it was all politics and $$$.

If you are applauding this new organization.... think of how much $$$$ you are going to have to put out to get your herd of minis registered in this new organiztion, otherwise in the future, people may look at you sale horse and say.... gee I would buy him but its too bad he isn't registered with.....

CRAP!

Since John isn't going to post anymore, I hope this thread can be closed. I hate to see it go where only one side (those opposed) are vocal. I sure don't know enough about IAMHA to say much, but I am still really mystified as to why so many are upset. It sounds like it aims to give us more chances to show and the increase the visibility / public knowledge of our breed.

I am with you Jill.

Finally some people have the guts and courage to do something, I appreciate that. Its more than time!

Its a free country they can do what ever they please. And its not the law to participate with IAMHA. If you don't like it stay away, that simple.

Gentlemen I applaud for you patience

Thank you

Anita

Is it correct that you have been planning this for a year? And during that year a large protion of your founders were on the AMHA BOD? If this is true then it smacks of a huge conflict of interest! For instance ,if in the last year the BOD of AMHA would have made any positive headway in correcting or addressing some of the problems of the AMHA then there would be no reason for an Alliance that is out to "FIX" All the problems in AMHA that you addressed in your announcement. So it would have been more beneficial to your Alliance for more problems to arise or to draw attention to the problems that existed , instead of trying to solve them. If this is a for profit Alliance then even more so. Some how that seems like the fox may be in the henhouse . I hope I am wrong. But... hmmmmm......? maryann
My thoughts exactly.

I too think this thread should be locked. Also I see it as a big slap in the face of AMHA.

For those of you who continue to NOT SEE the big deal, and I've noticed that you happen to be (mostly) the one's who breed and show B size.....nothing wrong with that, but please understand that some of us see this as a HUGE deal.

This group of people, some entrusted to run OUR registry for us, have formed and alliance whose goals go outside the AMHA standards.

If all this passion (and money) were focused on promoting the 34 and under horse within the AMHA it would be wonderful! ...But to sit on the board and be a part of the committees and then for all this time being focused on your own money making endeavors by gathering statistics within the organization is sickening to me.

I don't like the threatening tone to the letter, I don't like the scenario of a vulture sitting waiting to pick the bones of what's left of AMHA after some of these big money farms start putting on their own shows and entice others to show with them for big money prizes -which in turn takes money from AMHA shows....but of course this new alliance will be there in place when AMHA folds.....

I Also agree with those who want resignations. I'll say it again.....it's SAD

AMHA needed you and as long as you've been involved if you'd been using your passion for the job you were supposed to be doing for us we'd be sitting on the eve of our legitimate concerns being new laws by now. :no:

This is my last post of this I promise, I got to get to work.

But in answer to Allison above yes you are correct and a very valid point, I do like the idea behind most of their proposals and I do commend them for trying something.

BUT to put your relationship with the Bread Company up to the test....how long would you be working for them if you used another companies bread in your classes?

Only an observation, no harm intended to you by saying this.

Well if nothing ever comes of the IAMHA, perhaps this WILL be a wake up call to AMHA to fix the problems or else........ I personnally feel this is an agenda planned by those with money geared toward those with money. Sort of like a private club where you will pay your dues & you will be catered to. A list of those farms/breeders etc that will be made known to the public advertised in such a way that if you aren't on their list then you are not where it is at! A glorified sale ad for the elite few promoting those that can afford it......... I also see a bigger divide between those that have & those that do not.... Remember if this comes to be & it is not what the followers were told & assumed then it can also be undone!.............. I am not for or against but I do not see it benefiting me the small time breeder/exhibitor with limited funds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have thought long and hard about this whole proposition before responding and have read most if not all the replies. The general concensus seems to be one of distrust for this new idea and that is not such a bad thing considering the past happenings with AMHA. It still comes down to choice to support it or not and that is everyone's right but if the unhappiness about it comes as the result of the past, I would hope to see those with concerns take steps to reclaim AMHA rather than starting a new entity to work in conjunction with it but perhaps this is the only way to do it.

I am an ex-AMHA member only because it's the only organization I've been involved in where I had no avenue to voice my concerns or to even get information. I had written to my area rep on several occasions before giving up my membership only to be met with silence and indifference. I was told to write to another area rep but what is the purpose in doing that? My concerns were for my area not hers so how would she champion anything about someone's concerns from out of her area effectively. Each area has their own issues to worry about.

I think it's high time that active AMHA members step up to the plate and quit bemoaning the unfairness and force changes or relinquish their membership as I have. I have no motivation to press for changes as I don't breed or show but those that do depend on AMHA for this purpose are the ones who need to push for change. Maybe that is why those on the BOD on AMHA that are now involved with promoting this new organization see it as a way to inflict some badly needed changes they can't effect otherwise. If so, more power to them.

My first reaction is: For Texans, BY Texans, IN Texas..

Could this be the start of a new registry for Texas only where a very high percentage of mini's and larger farms are located? There are likely enough horses in Texas to sustain a registry and with the big money shows I can see the prices for horses of these bigger players escalating to compete in the money circuit.

Can U post this to lil beginnings? I think it will clarify John' note. Tom O'Connell AMHA Treasurer www.crystalridgefarm.com

[Kay Kay,

thanks for that. I agree with you that AMHA has sent several different messages to all of us, with the disparagy in the financial reports and then the vocalizations from the e board members. I heard from Tom Oconnel today and he made the statement that this was not true and I am sending him an email in a few minutes to get him to clarify what he meant so as not to get bad data or information out there in the public domain.

I do think though whatever the case is as far as numbers that there is indeed a large amount of improvement that can be achieved in letting folks in the general public and also the other parts of the equine community about our great little horses. That is exactly what we intend to do, along with all the other things I mentioned above.

We would love to see AMHA & AMHR become the largest two equine registries in the country and we intend to do our part in that growth by attracting new folks in and keepng the existing ones involved in the industry as much as we can. This will benefit everyone in the industry.

John Cherry

President IAMHA]

Tom,

I have referred this to Kenny for his comments also, but in reality since you have been in office I have not seen any major problems or disparage. Prior to that though the way that things were reported and other things that have been questioned even by your administration were different to what is normally seen from an organization such as AMHA in my opinion. I am sure the CPA's that are employed by the registry are competent and give a true evaluation of the information provided to them.

In any case let me know if you have further questions. John Cherry

My response :

John

Someone has sent me ( cut and pasted an answer you sent that appears on lil beginnings)

the following. I take strong EXCEPTION to your statement on the "disparagy in the financial reports". Please provide specifics on what drove you to make this statement. Our financials are certified by Texas CPA's ............ are you saying they have prepared/provided the AMHA with erroneous certifications? I think they also may take exception to your words here................ Of course, if these are not your words, you should let people know ............

TOM OCONNELL

I like alot of the solutions to the problems within the registries that this group have addressed. They have alot of very good ideas. However, these problems need to be fixed inside the registries not outside. The IAMHA is not the solution to these problems. If we want these problems resolved, we as members must get involved and change them within the respective organizations that we belong to.

The IAMHA by it's very nature is very deceiving. It should actually be called the TAMHA. (Texas AMHA) They have very good promotion and marketing ideas and I aplaud them all for taking the intiative to market miniature horses. However, they will be selling the IAMHA not the AMHA or AMHR. The most benefit will be focused on the founding members farms. This is all fine and good as it is their money and we do live in a free market. I do, however, have a problem with them asking for my money ( through membership and fees ) when the primary benefit is going to be the founding members farms.

We all should learn something from all this. There is a need to increase the miniature horse market and we should all be part of that. In order for us all to benefit the most, we should incorporated some of the IAMHA's promotion and marketing ideas into our own miniature horse clubs and registries. This will benefit everyone including the registries.

Again, if we want to fix some of these problems, we must all get more involved within the registries. Will it be easy? probably not, but it is the only way go in order to keep the organizations (AMHA & AMHR) strong.

What's not to like about this group? More venues for miniature horse promotion...some with purses attached..sounds great to me. I am a small breeder of carefully chosen miniature horses primarily 30" and under who has had the luxury to be able to weather the storm of dropping prices by holding on to my stock until the appropriate buyer has surfaced while maintaining my price point. I am a one man show as far as operation is concerned and in my area of East Tennessee there are very few shows anywhere even remotely close. I rely on advertisement and resulting interest from Shows where advertisement has been displayed or distributed. Advertisement and Promotion are the keys to success with any business. Advertising and promotion cooperatives are typically financially effective for everyone involved. I have recently been involved with the formation of the International Miniature Appaloosa and Pintaloosa Club and we just submitted our first ad to The Journal and Miniature Horse World Magazine with 24 members ( doesn't sound like a great number but it is a full page ad. :aktion033: who rallied together to get their membership dues and ad payments in to make sure our ad was in the Feb/March issues. Did we need to be a member in another club? Probably not. What we needed was an avenue to let Miniature Horse enthusiasts know where they might go to find appaloosa and pintaloosa colored horses. I am an active member of the SmallestHorse Group where we promote the 30" and under Miniature Horse. This group started 3 years ago with 20 Charter Members and now has a membership of 88. Not huge numbers have 2 or 3 page ads in both publications so that Miniature Horse enthusiats know where to look for the 30" and under Miniature Horses. I am a sponsor horse farm on LB..why? so that when someone is looking for a Miniature Horse in Tennessee and they check the Breeder Connect they will see my farm name there as well. That is the same reason I am sponsor farm on the AMHA Website. With the IAMHA planned events and promotions (don't look a gift horse in the mouth), it should do nothing but increase opportunities in the Miniature Horse arena and I frankly hope to be a part of that group as well when it's membership is offered.

My only hope for this group is complete success and I would like to think that the BOD of the AMHA and the AMHR feel the same way.

Great post zacharyfarms. :aktion033: As far as this only affecting AMHA, the people in IAMHA also suggested AMHR would be next. That's fine by me. I love AMHR but there are certainly areas of changes that need to be addressed! I still believe, and will probably always believe, we need more information and voting by mail from AMHR. It comes down to the BOD actually making the final decisions on things. I always hear "if you care enough, you will come to the National Convention." Guess that's fine for trainers and wealthy breeders, but for the most part, AMHR is made up of small farms run by every day working for a living folks who just can't afford or get time off to go. For those of you who keep saying these IAMHA folks should have spent their time on AMHA, how many years does it take for you to realize things just aren't gonna change without some kind of upset. Hopefully, as stated before, this WILL be a wake-up call to our registries. To me, the bottom line is if you like the new ideas, join and participate, if you don't, stay where you are.....but quit complaining!

Pam

P.S. This is just MY opinion, so please don't take it out on hubby. He really doesn't like me responding to things on this board, since he is a judge, but hey, it's still a free country last time I checked
default_yes.gif
:

You also make some very good points. Both Registries need a shaking up to realize that more members want to be heard because they do care about what goes on in those organizations we pay to be in. When the BOD becomes a place for those who have their own agendas in mind and not wanting to represent all members then they truly make themselves look bad. I do want to see anything succeed that will benefit all mini horse enthusiasts so good luck to the new Alliance, if that is their goal. Mary

suggested AMHR would be next. That's fine by me. I love AMHR but there are certainly areas of changes that need to be addressed! I still believe, and will probably always believe, we need more information and voting by mail from AMHR. It comes down to the BOD actually making the final decisions on things. I always hear "if you care enough, you will come to the National Convention." Guess that's fine for trainers and wealthy breeders, but for the most part, AMHR is made up of small farms run by every day working for a living folks who just can't afford or get time off to go. For those of you who keep saying these IAMHA folks should have spent their time on AMHA, how many years does it take for you to realize things just aren't gonna change without some kind of upset. Hopefully, as stated before, this WILL be a wake-up call to our registries. To me, the bottom line is if you like the new ideas, join and participate, if you don't, stay where you are.....but quit complaining!

Pam

P.S. This is just MY opinion, so please don't take it out on hubby. He really doesn't like me responding to things on this board, since he is a judge, but hey, it's still a free country last time I checked
default_yes.gif
:

Would like to see a statement from our AMHA President or executive.

Also, are you in a position to weigh in on this topic Tony?

I think we should give this new IAMHA club the benefit of the doubt and see where they go from here.

Everyone deserves a chance and I am willing to wait and listen after all... all the people of the founding farms are really nice people! :aktion033:

JMHO

Joyce

edited for spelling

ok So If I read right then you cannot hardship into this registry. I am dieing for a cheaper way to register a WCMHR horse into amhr for under $500
default_rolleyes.gif
: :no:

*We’re thrilled to bring launch the IAMHA and the online capabilities to our fellow lovers of the American Miniature Horse, which is recognized as the most desirable miniature horse worldwide,†said John Cherry, President of IAMHA. “Our founding member group has an American Miniature Horse herd inventory valued at more than $5M and includes what is believed to be the largest group of Champion American Miniature Horses ever assembled! We also have the most comprehensive collection of breeding stallion bloodlines in the world.*

Sorry, I came into this post late, hence the reason I am delayed. As for the above statement from the initial article posted on here: Ummm, who was the appraiser of this herd? Is this how much was spent to aquire this herd or what he thinks they are worth? I can look at my 4 out here and say I have a million dollar herd. Someone else may see it as a $1000.00 herd and someone else may not give me two cents.

*Many of our Founding Members have played a critical role in establishing the current American Miniature Horse community and now want to ignite a revolution that has a global scope. Today, our members continue to lead the industry in breeding, training, exhibiting show horses and selling quality miniature horses. We welcome all lovers of the American Miniature Horse to explore and join our revolution.*

Ok, and I am new to minis myself but know plenty of folks who aren't and from what I heard, the original founders of AMHA were a group that were booted or couldn't cut it in AQHA. Hmmmm, who knows. Just what I have heard.

*Based upon in depth discussions and numerous observations, it was agreed there is a significant need for the formation of the IAMHA DBA as the International American Miniature Horse Alliance (IAMHA). Our concept is to create a co-operative entity for breeders and owners of American Miniature Horses to use their collective efforts and purchasing power to seek and improve new methods for the advertising, marketing and promotion of their horses. *

Why don't we just work on better advertising, marketing and promoting within the two clubs that already exist. I know that had I not known anyone with Minis and did not get any myself I could not have told you that their were mini shows even in our area or what anyone did with little horses. What was the point in having them? It seems that unless you are a member and receive the letters and magazines or know someone who has minis and is into showing, you would know nothing about it. Why don't you work on an advertising idea that will reach non-mini owners as well as mini owners to educate them on the breed and the many things you can do with the miniatures?

*4. In the event AMHA fails to continue to establish and maintain itself as a strong viable organization, this group will be prepared to lead the Miniature industry, create an organization/registry with the mission and structure to protect all current investments, and lead the breed without personal bias.

Why would AMHA fail? If the group fails or is failing maybe they need to worry about fixing the problem and finding out the reason for the failure. Gee, maybe the politics and sneaky tactics of the members within? Maybe as much effort should be put into the A registry and what it can do to improve itself as has been put into starting a 3rd club or whatever you may call it.

*To accomplish these goals and to sustain the future of the American Miniature Horse, it is imperative for AMHA to be financially strong and organizationally responsive. Without a sound, successful breed association, the value of the American Miniature Horse breed will be diminished, which will discourage people from participating in all phases of Miniature Horse ownership. Therefore, working with the American Miniature Horse Association is critical.

Horse value diminishes and fluctuates due to more reasons than just a club. Try economy, try dishonest breeders/sellers (not everyone but there are some out there and we all know it) try breeding programs in general and people breeding anything to anything so they can have something to sell for a quick buck which does nothing but flood the market and rescues and auction rings with culls and undesirables.

*IAMHA recognizes the importance of AMHA and its foundation for preserving and maintaining the pedigrees of Miniature Horses, while working to promote the breed.*

If they cared about the pedigrees they would not have done away with the oversized breeding stock program to begin with. As founding members will remember and know, they used to allow a foal out of two A parents that went oversized to be registered as such and used for breeding only. Now you have to drop the A papers on the foal cross it back with a small stallion, keep it for 5 years and re-hardship back into A. Well since the R registry is so generous you can double register and preserve the pedigree there but what just happend to the A pedigree when the papers were dropped on the one parent because it went an inch over and then that foal had to be hardshipped. *poof* no A pedigree.

*The American Miniature Horse Association has been the most respected Miniature Horse associations in the world. When foreign breeders looked to the United States, they looked to AMHA. Those members from within North America as well as foreign breeders looked to the AMHA for guidance, strength and leadership. The AMHA led the way by placing an emphasis on pedigrees of quality with known and traceable ancestors, re-enforced with verification through blood typing and later DNA. AMHA set the global standard for the breed, The American Miniature Horse.*

While the A registry has it's good and bad points as do all I would not go so far as to say that it is one of the most respected in the world as I know who holds at least the two top spots for that and can tell you for a fact that I knew even before I got minis that a lot of the big horse breeders and clubs that the miniature horse club was a big joke and it was nothing against the horses.

*In recent years, it has become known there are many issues which have weakened the AMHA. The reason and motivation for these issues is not nearly as important as the fact of where they have led or the path these issues have forced the organization to take.*

What do you mean that the reasons and motivation for the AMHA being weakend are not important?! Find the issues and fix them and that would probably re-strengthen the club. I would be a little more focused on where the club is going wrong than thinking an outsource is the answer to all our prayers.

*Currently, the AMHA is experiencing serious declines in:

All levels of annual membership

Annual foal registrations

Numbers of approved horse shows

Numbers of horse show competitors/exhibitors*

Oh look, here are some problems. Now how is AMHA not IAMHA going to fix and handle this? Ever think of sending some types of surveys out to current and previous members to find out why? Why are previous members caring to not renew? Why are memberships down? Why are foals not being registered? People are still breeding and selling. Why are each states clubs not having more horse shows? I know in AZ we have 2. There are all breed fun shows that go on about 10 months out of the year and they have little award banquets and point tallys and year end awards. Their membership is about $20 and it costs about $10.00 a class and they still manage to thrive and do that for it's little members. With as many members in each state that AMHA has, the cost of membership and the amount that is charged for each class and you can not find a way to have more than 2 shows and mind you ours are back to back leaving 11 other free months in the year with nothing unless you want the extra added expense of hauling out of state for others. Why is the A world show having about 800 horses in attendance and the R show having over 2000 and not all of those are R sized horses either?

*Any of these individually would be symptomatic of a potential problem; however, when these declining statistics are combined the impact is very, very significant on the future stability of the organization. Each of these areas represents significant revenue generating centers within the scope of breed association business, all functioning below the standards of previous years.

All of these add up to fact the AMHA is weakening as a business entity, losing momentum, and reducing its ability to grow and sustain growth of the breed.*

Glad you have figured this out, now why not take that time in being a productive A representative and finding the root of the problem and again fixing it instead of taking all your time to think of a new organization and how much your leaders herd is worth? Gee, I have nothing better to do today, I guess I will sit and figure out how much my Moms herd is worth and then maybe the neighbors behind us....

*8. Eliminate the hardship registration due to sufficient numbers of horses.*

Oh, another fabulous idea, so when your foal out of two A sized parents goes over and you breed it back to a small stallion you now can't hardship that foal back into A?

*The horse shows have become the primary use and center for participation of the Miniature Horse by the AMHA members. Therefore, it is imperative that the AMHA place an emphasis on quality management and operations of the activities associated with the Miniature Horse shows. Simply stated, without a flourishing, exciting horse show system, the demand for horses and their monetary values along with the participation by members will continue to decline.

Therefore, the IAMHA makes the following recommendations:

1. Establish a separate membership category for those who participate in horse shows for the purpose of supporting the related activities and services.*

Are you serious, a separate membership category for those who participate in shows? Are we being rewarded or penalized here? Oh, your a breeder, you pay this much in membership, oh and you are a shower so you have to pay x amount? Will it be more or less? What if you are a breeder and a shower? Do you then have to pay two memberships? We do that now for those who choose to do A and R. Or do you just pay a really expensive membership? Membership fees now are ridiculous as are the show ring fees. Not really prices for the blue collar working type who might have small children intimidated by larger horses so would like them to start somewhere but don't have a lot financially to work with. That is where those members will in turn go to POA or somewhere else that is more reasonable and youth oriented.

I am maybe just a little confused on this club and their objectives. So is the answer always going to be when one club tries and fails branch out and start another and when they are not happy with that one then someone will branch out and start another. How many do we need to get it right? 4, 5, 10. Ummm, do you not get to elect and vote officers in a club? If you are not happy do you not have someone that you take your complaints to to have them reviewed by the club? Are the officers being voted into the club so uncaring about the club, breed and members that they would not want to listen and fix what is wrong to improve on that club they have instead of calling a do-over and whiping away the old one and starting all over with a new one? If you couldn't do it right this time, starting a new club and adding a letter to the name will fix it? How long do you think then that the members will continue to follow like sheep and dump one registry to go to the new improved, then when that one fails to dump it and go to the next new and improved. I am not an ewe and do not want to jump from club to club. I would like to pay my dues, attend some shows with my daughter, my mom and our horses and have some fun and if we get some points and earn some titles great and if not then it is a great experience in good sportsmanship and competitiveness and being a gracious looser. I would like to have a couple of quality foals each year and sell what I want and buy what I want to improve and increase my herd as I can. I do not want to wonder if I will not be able to give my horses away because the potential new owners are wondering if the club they are registered with is a truly reputable club with the breed and members first and foremost a priority or if it is a shakey fly by night organization who will only be there until they feel it is so screwed up they don't want to fix it because it is easier to start over and call it something else. If you do not like what is happening in your organization then you vote the members who could give a crap about anything but status out, and vote/nominate/elect officers who will get in there and get the job done. If AMHA fails it will be through no fault but their own. If the members and horses were first and foremost a priority then maybe they should get input from the members on where the members think the club is going wrong and make an honest and true attempt to fix the problems.

Oh and I must have missed how this IAMHA is funded... Is this a buisness? Do we pay a membership or some sort of fee to tell you what to tell the AMHA on how to fix their problems? If this is not for profit and is a buisness, does paying these fees in turn make us business partners? Will we know exactly what every dime is being used for or if it is lining someones pockets so they can have a "self-proclaimed" $5 million dollar herd themselves? What do we get in return for these fees?

Very interesting website for IAMHA by the way. I love the 'why miniature horses' section. All the benefits of a mini versus a big horse. Under suitability for riding, for mini it states: Children up to 70 pounds may ride depending upon age, height and body type of horse.

Under big horse it states: Children any size and adults can ride. Hazards are greatly increased due to the animal's size, and the degree of training or experience of the rider.

Ok, I had a shetland when I was a kid that used to run away and scrape me off on barbed wire fences and ran under a clothes line and swiped me off her back that way and she was small and I was not completly inexperienced. What about driving minis? Anyone who has had one run off with them in a cart and had a really nasty cart wreck, and yes, this has happend even to experienced drivers. What happens when an inexperienced person buys a 'broke for driving' mini and ends up in an accident. I like how negative jabs were made at big horses but nothing negative of course about the little guys. What happend to educating people. People need to know that because it is little and cute does not mean it can not hurt you.

Under training costs and halter in hand: $300 and up per month/horse Family involvement is encouraged- even small children can help train a miniature horse.

For the big horse:$??? to $??? per month/horse Depends upon the reputation of the trainer, stable and breed

Reputation of the trainer huh? Yea, I know a miniauture horse trainer who could not pay ME to 'train' my horses. I know more than one but one really sticks out in my mind. Horses stay there a year then mysteriously don't know or 'forget' how to lead when they get to the show ring. Hmmmmm. Not just the dishonest in the big horse buisness my friend. Small children can help train? They can't show a miniature stallion until they are 16 however to show a POA stallion you only need to be 8. My daughter trained her Arabian. Again, size does not matter and any of them can hurt you soooooo, why are we jabbing at the big horses and big horse trainers? Bitterness about some past big horse dealings perhaps? Oh and average training costs for a big horse is $700.00 to $800.00 a month again depending on what aspect of training you are getting into. There are more things than making it look pretty on a lead when you get into big horses.

Suitability for driving for the miniature this is what was stated: Children 3-4 years and up routinely drive at home, parades and in shows. Adults-a miniature horse can easily pull up to1-2 adults in a cart in ail gaits, minimal experience is needed.

For the big horse owners: Children-questionable. Adults--Dependent upon experience.

Hmmm, minimal experience huh? Again, anyone have stories of nasty cart wrecks they would care to share? How dangerous can those be?

Suitability for handicapped: Greatly adaptable to handicapped individuals due to smaller size and affectionate nature.

For the big horse: Difficult for handicapped individuals to handle due to larger size.

I happen to know there are several organizations where the big horses are used for theraputic riding programs for even the most severly handicapped. The handicapped kids really love and look forward to it and it does not matter the degree of their handicap, none seem the least bit intimidated. If they are that severly handicapped they will probably not be handling a horse of any size on their own anyway.

Why don't you list the different activities available to those with miniature horses, such as showing, driving, CDE's, drill teams, parades, etc... and leave the slander of the big horses, trainers etc.. out of it. I noticed that there was nothing said that teeth and foaling problems are more prominent in miniature horses than big horses. Maybe that is where things go wrong to begin with, you want to convert people over to minis yet you slander the big horse and what those people love about them but hey, come join our club! You listed all the negativities of the big horse and not one of the little horse as a cautionary statement or whatever. There are good and bad in every breed so you could have used better tact in stating that overall, economically the smaller horses are less expensive to own however they still require all the veterinary/dental care that the large horse do. Oh and the price range for the carts with a max listed on the minis as about 1500.00? Sure, why are some of the show carts $2000 and up? I will be happy if I find one used for $1500.00 Maybe used should have been the key word in that little factoid.

Funny on the site it says you do not want to be a registry however in the above posted statements your exact words were that if the AMHA were to fail you would become a registry.

Oh and as also stated on the site this is a buisness and not a not for profit organization and there will be varying levels of membership. So, what would those fees be? Pay X amount and you can be a 40% buisness partner, for X amount less you could be 20% buisness partner? If we are paying fees into your buisness what service are we receiving? Basically you are going to play go-between between AMHA and us as members? Isn't that what we have elected officers for? Secoundly if we are paying money to your buisness, would that make us investors? Is their some kind of tax work we will need to file each year as a buisness partner or investor and even better yet do we get some cut of the profits?

I do apologize for being extremely blunt with this. However, this seems like a bizarrly, sneaky, scam that will benefit those that are saying they are going to do this and that however are these same people not AMHA members/founders/officers that also said they would do this and that when they got their position? What is going to happen when these varying levels of membership are paid by folks like you and me, and nothing happens? What if there are no added shows, advertising or anything else to show for it? They will say they tried, it will be someone elses fault, they will wipe out the buisness and start another one under another name again with the same wonderful ideas and promises in mind. I think it is funny that someone has discovered that these same people who want you to pay a fee for them to give your ideas to AMHA already sit on the AMHA board now. Why are they not opening their mouth at this point? Why go behind the club you are 'supposed to be representing's back? Why do we have to pay for these people to speak on our behalf? What are our regional directors for then? I also find it funny that their is no introduction on the website proudly stating who they are as new founders/buisness partners of this little scheme? info@iamha is the email? Gee, is it a big secret on who they are? Are we supposed to blindly send our money to some mystery person? If you are out to do such great things, why don't you step up and introduce yourself? We have one name for the person in the initial post, are the others silent partners? Oh, apparently so, since they are sitting so silently on the A board now? For the Texas Mystery Mini Club, I will not be traveling to Texas to attend your shows, I will not pay you to act like a union to go between me as a member and the A board when as board members you aren't accomplishing anything and if the A fails then so be it. I will have an AMHR herd.

My flame suit is on and I pack an extinguisher so go ahead.....Make my day!! :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Latest posts

Back