I am ready for a total meltdown

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE 24 HOURS MAKES.

First thank you all so much for your words of encouragement and support. It has meant a lot and especially Marty for getting me on track. I know what ever is wrong you look around and someone else is always worse off.

I called the stepfather this morning of the young man ( 30 years old) who bought the place and told him first off, No hard feelings. We have known him (stepfather) for many years. Well the man who bought it called me back this afternoon and we had the nicest talk. I asked for a month extra thinking he woiuld say a week, well he gave us 2 weeks (no charge, I was going to offer him $10.00 a day storage) and he is going to have his blood Dad bring in a huge rolloff dumpster and help us and will pay for getting rid of all the junk. The stepfathers son-in-law is a junk dealer. He's coming in the morning to get started and we are going to have help with everything. I am so utterly grateful I don't know how to express my gratitude. He will get rid of all old cars, boats, everything we don't want. He said just take what you want and I will be responsible for getting rid of everything else. And he will pay us whatever he gets for it. What a nice young man he is. You can't beat that with a stick. His intention is to bulldoze the house and put up a new one. Which is really understandable with the condition of everything. We are happy that someone got it who wanted it. It is the location he wanted. I could go on forever talking and telling things but just want you all to know that I really appreciated you responses. Thank you all, Love you guys. Hoping this makes a little sense. I am just so relieved.

We still have the problems of the dogs. We can have Daisy (I would have lived in a tent to keep her) and Timber is a bigger dog but she is 13 1/2 years old so we were allowed to keep her in the home but Rodney has all his sled dogs (14) and he has yet to find a place for them. So it is the only problem remaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonnie, I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I wanted to add ANY steel is worth a good price now at the junk/iron scrap yard places(look in your local yellow pages and call), your paid by the ton for steel. There are people advertising to pay 100.00 and up per car to come get it for steel price in iowa.....they also pay well for the cathletic converters off junk cars...around 100.00

So maybe you can get some money for what you need to get rid of......

A iron/junk salvage yard is a lucrative place these days...alumun, copper all fetches a good price. Just thought I'd mention it so you know that you could have some money out there in the yard.

Best of luck and take care of yourself.....life is so short...be good to yourself always!

So glad to hear that good update, Bonnie.

On the dogs - maybe do an internet search of husky rescue, or contact your local rescues and let them know of your plight.

Or do you all have friends in the sled dog "world" that you would trust with them?

Dear dear Bonnie I came to this thread very late but I can commiserate with your situation and will only add my prayers for you to find peace with all this change in your life. Am so glad things seem to be improving and that your move isnt going to be as big a problem as you thought. Sorry you had to part with your horses but you will still be able to see them in their new home Im sure if you ask the new owners. Right now you need to take care of yourself and worry about YOU something it is obvious from your posts you dont do often enough. Continued prayers for you always.

Bonnie,

I am so sorry that you have all of this to deal with. I know it hasn't been easy for you having Duane in the Nursing Home. You have had a lot of trials and tribulations in the past year. I will always be thankful for all the love and concern you had for my Dad while he was still in the Nursing Home. He thought the world of you and you always helped to brighten his day.

You will do great living in your new little home - ha - just think - now you won't have ALL THAT LAWN TO MOW!! I'm sure the upkeep will be much easier for you. You can have your little Daisy with you and I know she is a lot of comfort.

Don't worry about little Goldilocks - she is going to do just great at my house - you can come and visit her any time of the day or night. You know that I will give her the best of care, possible. She will always be your precious little Goldilocks and if the time is ever right for you to have her again, she will be here waiting for you.

Hugs, my friend and if you need any help with anything be sure to let me know - I am just a phone call away!!

Remember - when you need a mini "fix" - you are more then welcome and when you get lonesome to brush horses, clean stalls or just love on the minis-you know where I (and little Miss Goldilocks) live!

Bonnie,

I am so sorry that you have all of this to deal with. I know it hasn't been easy for you having Duane in the Nursing Home. You have had a lot of trials and tribulations in the past year. I will always be thankful for all the love and concern you had for my Dad while he was still in the Nursing Home. He thought the world of you and you always helped to brighten his day.

You will do great living in your new little home - ha - just think - now you won't have ALL THAT LAWN TO MOW!! I'm sure the upkeep will be much easier for you. You can have your little Daisy with you and I know she is a lot of comfort.

Don't worry about little Goldilocks - she is going to do just great at my house - you can come and visit her any time of the day or night. You know that I will give her the best of care, possible. She will always be your precious little Goldilocks and if the time is ever right for you to have her again, she will be here waiting for you.

Hugs, my friend and if you need any help with anything be sure to let me know - I am just a phone call away!!

Remember - when you need a mini "fix" - you are more then welcome and when you get lonesome to brush horses, clean stalls or just love on the minis-you know where I (and little Miss Goldilocks) live!

I just had to say....this is awesome!!!!
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

Bonnie, I'm so glad to hear that things are looking better.
default_aktion033.gif

Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear about everything you are going through, but am glad to hear that things are looking alot better for you, then they were just a few days ago.. I also am so glad to hear you are able to keep your puppy. I know Donna will give your Goldilocks the perfect home, and as she has said visitation rights day and night. After all this is done, you need to just sit down, of course with your puppy on your lap...
default_wub.png
take a good long breather and start to take care of YOURSELF. Hoping everything is all uphill for you from now on.

so sorry for all your troubles at once but so glad things are starting to look up

tomorrow is always another day, and there's always the possibility its a better one than yesterday

(((((Hugs)))))

I wish there was something I could do to help. Things sound a bit better from the start of this post to now. I am so glad.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Robin

Latest posts

Back