I am looking for trainer in Manitoba

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibquackers20

Reaction score
I have a 2 year old gelding - a 1 year old stallion which will soon be a gelding as well and a 7 year old mare with 2 week old filly.

I want to find a good trainer to train me and my horses to drive a cart for pleasure only - but I am finding it hard to track down any trainers in my neck of the woods. Would love to find someone who can come to my place seeing that it will be a while till we get our horse trailer scraped of old pealing paint and ready for the new paint - also have to move the big horse padding down to mini size or make some for mini below it.

Does anyone know of anybody who can do it ?

I live in canada,Manitoba - just 1/2 hour east from winnipeg and just 5 minutes from the town of Beausejour.
wub.gif
unsure.gif

Gail McLennan of McLennan Miniatures is just outside of Winnipeg(just on the west end of the bypass). Would that be close enough? Her link is on my Links Page.

Mona said:
Gail McLennan of McLennan Miniatures is just outside of Winnipeg(just on the west end of the bypass).  Would that be close enough? Her link is on my Links Page.
447556[/snapback]

I think she would be a good choice as I think she trains most all of her horses to drive. I have only dealt with her through email, but have found her to be very plesant and quite helpful. Good luck.

One of the pleasures I get from driving horses is training them myself. It is not a difficult task and it is very rewarding. Now I will preface this by saying if it is your intention to show at the stampede or at the Toronto Ex you can do the task yourself. If you want to PM me I can give you some steps to start on and once you progress through those and are pleased with the results just continue on in a step by step manner.

Thanks everyone for the information

I know of Gail McLennan of McLennan Miniatures as last year I bought her horse cart, and yes she is very nice, she did give me the chance to come down and see how she trains her minis to drive but I have not found the time to go - hubby had an operation on his foot to remove 3 toes (diabetic)so he will be off his feet for a while yet, and with 4 foster kids and my 4 minis I seem to never have enough time in the day to go anywhere. I am thinking on taking her up on her offer when the kids go to school and hubby is better. But for the mean time I will continue to try and work with what ever information I can get from anyone offering.

I sent a horse to her once for training. She kept him there at her place to train him, and when I went to pic him up, she spent some time with me showing me some things. I live in Ontario. I am sure she would also be happy to take the time helping you get accustomed to driving your horse after she has trained him.

ibquackers20 said:
Thanks everyone for the information
I know of Gail McLennan of McLennan Miniatures as last year I bought her horse cart, and yes she is very nice, she did give me the chance to come down and see how she trains her minis to drive but I have not found the time to go - hubby had an operation on his foot to remove 3 toes (diabetic)so he will be off his feet for a while yet, and with 4 foster kids and my 4 minis I seem to never have enough time in the day to go anywhere. I am thinking on taking her up on her offer when the kids go to school and hubby is better. But for the mean time I will continue to try and work with what ever information I can get from anyone offering.

447750[/snapback]

Latest posts

Back